We wanted some quite time in Sanur before moving elsewhere in Bali for a family wedding.
Over our 5 days, we met about 10 other people doing the exact same thing.
Bali was not really on our radar and I’ve heard mixed reports. Our brief was to find a place to relax, that has some activities and some shopping available should we wish to do that as well.
The property was recommended by our travel agent and absolutely met the brief. Whilst traditionally Balinese, parts of the property had been refurbed, and had the lipstick in the right areas.
We were in the older part (Garden wing) but that was fine, the rooms were large and clean.
The property has three pools, one of which is divided into two with kiddy pool. This is the main pool and has a swim up bar. The novelty is pretty hard to resist.
We have a 2 year old boy and he loved running in the gardens and swimming in the kiddy pool. Parents be aware, there are no pool fences (I don’t think they exist in Bali) so keep an eye on the little ones. Also, parents, the bikeway in front of the property can be extremely busy, so watch out for that.
On arrival you are greeted with a welcome cocktail and a face towel. A nice touch after a long flight. There are two restaurants on site which are good, and about 20% more expensive than the outside restaurants.
The property has a lot of return visitors and this is always a sign of a good thing. Its quiet, well maintained and full of that lovely Bali service. If you want to relax by the pool, this is the place for you. Once you talk a walk down the strip or along the bike path, you will see that the other hotels are realy old, and their pools and restaurants aren't as good. This is when you rea;ose that you have made the right choice.
Something worth considering:
1-Use the hotel massage service. You will meet ‘a new best friend’ on the beach named Mary, who operates a massage/pedicure place next door to the property. Whilst she is nice, she will tell you that hotel massage is too expensive. Don’t bother. They are so busy catching up on gossip, it’s impossible to relax. Pay the extra and relax!
2 –The glass bottom boats are a waste of time. If you have seen the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland, seeing the reef in Sanur will make you weep. The coral is bleached and the water has coating of gasoline (it did the day I was there).
3 – The ladies with the market stall near the pool are lovely and you won’t find the items cheaper down the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Griya Santrian welcomes you to experience an enduring tale of warm traditional Balinese hospitality on the laid back sunrise coast of Sanur Beach. This beautiful beachfront resort, the sister property of Puri Santrian, is unmistakably among the most renowned landmarks in Sanur, gracing a perfectly central location on the quiet shore and with an unending classical design that continues to charm visitors, be it new and repeat visitors alike. Sanur is well known as a spot for luxurious seaside accommodation with its white sand beach bordering a reef-sheltered lagoon, making it one of the safest on the island, and thus perfect for families. As a luxuriant oasis in Sanur, Griya Santrian's enduring warm Balinese touches are imbued throughout its range of impeccable services and facilities. Leafy tropical Balinese gardens comprising flowering undergrowth and large shady trees (some older than the resort itself) dominate its manicured landscaping. And guests enjoy ease of access to the local shopping and dining hubs of Sanur, all within walking distance from the resort. At the heart of the Balinese owned and operated resort are its wonderful accommodation features - well designed and appointed guestrooms are spread throughout its two main wings. The two story Garden Wing comprises a total of 37 rooms with private balconies or terraces overlooking the resort's aforementioned lush gardens. Meanwhile, the ever popular Beach Wing features a total of 20 spacious rooms that let guests wake up to the wonderful garden view and the dramatic Sanur sunrises. Balconies or terraces also overlook the resort's main pool. Cable TV, mini-bar, hot and cold water, IDD telephone, tea and coffee making facilities, in-room safe and air conditioning all come as standard in-room amenities, to name a few. Alternatively, a choice of 59 Deluxe Rooms welcome guests to garden and pool views with some closer to the beach and feature en suite marble bathrooms and separate showers. For those who prefer a more lavish accommodation will find the Santrian Suite, a capacious suite with a 68 sqm bedroom with an elegantly draped four-poster bed as its center piece, together with a dressing room and private balcony. Designed with a refined modern Balinese approach, the suite serves as the ultimate romantic getaway for couples and honeymooners, while also great for families. For dining pleasures, Griya Santrian presents its main restaurants and outlets, which includes The Wantilan Restaurant, offering sumptuous breakfasts and all-day dining complemented by sweeping ocean views over the Sanur coastline. Meanwhile, Griya Beach Corner serves a wide choice of Italian, Japanese and Asian specialty dishes in a refreshing open-air setting. For a bit of romance, lovebirds can optionally spice things up with a bespoke candlelit dinner. The Spa at Griya Santrian is a thoughtfully designed and purpose built facility that offers a wide range of health and beauty treatments using natural fruit and flower extracts that will totally indulge you from top to toe. It's the go-to place within the resort grounds where guests can discover a great way to re-energize, refresh and rejuvenate during their stay. Griya Santrian opened in 1972 as a luxury boutique resort with a pride and commitment towards the preservation of Balinese arts and culture. While keeping to its roots and now in its fourth decade running, Griya Santrian continues to improve its facilities and services. The most recent addition includes a new wing room which was unveiled only last year, and repeat guests will also be surprised to see a new spa adjacent the resort's lobby, set to be completed this year. Several key facelifts are also well underway in 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Griya Santrian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Griya Santrian Hotel Sanur
- Griya Santrian Sanur
- Griya Santrian Bali/Sanur