This was our first stay in Sanur (we usually stay in Legian), and there were 9 of us ranging in age from 6 – 55 years, including 3 teens.
Our experience with Griya Santrian was above average right from the start when we were dealing with Yulia by email with our initial enquiries, through to our bookings (5 rooms in total). Yulia was always professional and prompt with all her replies.
We were really happy to get 2 lots of interconnecting deluxe rooms as we'd requested - rooms 128 & 129, and directly above, rooms 228 & 229. The rooms were spotlessly clean and very spacious, although I found the bed quite hard. The upstairs balcony was huge and very private as it was an end room (228). These rooms are right near the middle pool and spa, and only a short walk away from the main pool and reception. The rooms on the ground floor had a large terrace but these weren't as private as the first floor balconies.
Our other room, 117, was a ground floor deluxe room closer to the main pool and looked like it had been refurbished recently with a beautiful black marble (granite?) bathroom - very nice. TV reception in all rooms was just basic channels and didn’t include CNN, Discovery Channel etc.
The gardens, ponds and water features in the hotel are beautifully maintained. Free wifi is available in the lobby and the adjacent lounge, but unfortunately not in the rooms.
All the meals we had at the hotel were good with the exception of breakfast - expensive and very average quality. We usually had breakfast at one of the many cafes on the beach a short walk away for 1/3 of the price.
Hardy's Supermarket is a short bemo or taxi ride away, or a 10 min walk ; push bikes are for hire everywhere - we hired 9 for 2 hours and rode the path along the beach - great fun! ; Massage places are cheap and plentiful, or for a splurge Aroma Spa is good. We had good meals at Gateway To India, The Wicked Parrot, Street Cafe, La Taverna and great live music at Casablanca.
Sanur is much quieter than Kuta/Legian but that’s what we liked about it. Would definitely stay at Griya Santrian again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Griya Santrian welcomes you to experience an enduring tale of warm traditional Balinese hospitality on the laid back sunrise coast of Sanur Beach. This beautiful beachfront resort, the sister property of Puri Santrian, is unmistakably among the most renowned landmarks in Sanur, gracing a perfectly central location on the quiet shore and with an unending classical design that continues to charm visitors, be it new and repeat visitors alike. Sanur is well known as a spot for luxurious seaside accommodation with its white sand beach bordering a reef-sheltered lagoon, making it one of the safest on the island, and thus perfect for families. As a luxuriant oasis in Sanur, Griya Santrian's enduring warm Balinese touches are imbued throughout its range of impeccable services and facilities. Leafy tropical Balinese gardens comprising flowering undergrowth and large shady trees (some older than the resort itself) dominate its manicured landscaping. And guests enjoy ease of access to the local shopping and dining hubs of Sanur, all within walking distance from the resort. At the heart of the Balinese owned and operated resort are its wonderful accommodation features - well designed and appointed guestrooms are spread throughout its two main wings. The two story Garden Wing comprises a total of 37 rooms with private balconies or terraces overlooking the resort's aforementioned lush gardens. Meanwhile, the ever popular Beach Wing features a total of 20 spacious rooms that let guests wake up to the wonderful garden view and the dramatic Sanur sunrises. Balconies or terraces also overlook the resort's main pool. Cable TV, mini-bar, hot and cold water, IDD telephone, tea and coffee making facilities, in-room safe and air conditioning all come as standard in-room amenities, to name a few. Alternatively, a choice of 59 Deluxe Rooms welcome guests to garden and pool views with some closer to the beach and feature en suite marble bathrooms and separate showers. For those who prefer a more lavish accommodation will find the Santrian Suite, a capacious suite with a 68 sqm bedroom with an elegantly draped four-poster bed as its center piece, together with a dressing room and private balcony. Designed with a refined modern Balinese approach, the suite serves as the ultimate romantic getaway for couples and honeymooners, while also great for families. For dining pleasures, Griya Santrian presents its main restaurants and outlets, which includes The Wantilan Restaurant, offering sumptuous breakfasts and all-day dining complemented by sweeping ocean views over the Sanur coastline. Meanwhile, Griya Beach Corner serves a wide choice of Italian, Japanese and Asian specialty dishes in a refreshing open-air setting. For a bit of romance, lovebirds can optionally spice things up with a bespoke candlelit dinner. The Spa at Griya Santrian is a thoughtfully designed and purpose built facility that offers a wide range of health and beauty treatments using natural fruit and flower extracts that will totally indulge you from top to toe. It's the go-to place within the resort grounds where guests can discover a great way to re-energize, refresh and rejuvenate during their stay. Griya Santrian opened in 1972 as a luxury boutique resort with a pride and commitment towards the preservation of Balinese arts and culture. While keeping to its roots and now in its fourth decade running, Griya Santrian continues to improve its facilities and services. The most recent addition includes a new wing room which was unveiled only last year, and repeat guests will also be surprised to see a new spa adjacent the resort's lobby, set to be completed this year. Several key facelifts are also well underway in 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Griya Santrian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Griya Santrian Hotel Sanur
- Griya Santrian Sanur
- Griya Santrian Bali/Sanur