My husband and i stayed at the Griya for 8 nights with our two sons aged 7 months and 2 1/2 years. We had a wonderful stay and are already planning a trip back there next year! The gardens, walkways and pools are immaculately kept and maintained. There were always people raking, pruning, tidying etc. The three pools are all quite different and we enjoyed using them all. The larger one at the front of the hotel didn't suit us as we needed plenty of shade for our children, although the view from this pool is incredible! We spent a lot of time at the middle pool which was peaceful, partly shaded and always had available deck chairs. The back pool was outside our room and is the newest. It is edged with black rock which makes the water temperature VERY warm. By mid afternoon the water actually felt quite hot but we loved it!
Our room was at the back in the garden wing and it was beautiful. The furnishings were new and in perfect condition. There was plenty of room and even with our suitcases and enormous double pram there was still plenty of room! The bed sheets were crisp and white, and changed daily. The towels were plentiful and also changed daily. Our bed was very comfortable. Our toddler had a stretcher bed in our room which was also comfortable. Our baby had a gorgeous little cot quite unlike anything I have seen before. It was very safe (by Australian Standards) and he slept well in it. The bathroom was dimly lit but this was the only drawback. Otherwise it was immaculate, roomy and well equipped. The shower was huge and had strong water pressure. Also the air conditioning was a lifesaver!! It worked perfectly.
We loved that we could eat at such a wide variety of restaurants within walking distance. We only ate at the hotel twice as it was more expensive than many places. However both times we found the Griya's food lovely. The restaurants along the pathway are delightful and it is so special to eat on the beach! Also in Sanur's main street we loved 'The Porch' for breakfast and 'Ratatouille' for dinner.
The Griya was quiet and very peaceful. We did see other young families with children however we mainly saw retired people staying there. There were also a large number of Europeans (particularly Dutch and German) staying at the hotel. I would not hesitate to stay there again with little children though. The staff were accomodating and there were no stairs for us to navigate with our pram (we stayed on the ground floor). The relaxed atmosphere is nicer for children. The pools never seemed crowded or noisy. Overall a stunning resort worth every cent. The best we have stayed in and we are a well travelled family!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Griya Santrian welcomes you to experience an enduring tale of warm traditional Balinese hospitality on the laid back sunrise coast of Sanur Beach. This beautiful beachfront resort, the sister property of Puri Santrian, is unmistakably among the most renowned landmarks in Sanur, gracing a perfectly central location on the quiet shore and with an unending classical design that continues to charm visitors, be it new and repeat visitors alike. Sanur is well known as a spot for luxurious seaside accommodation with its white sand beach bordering a reef-sheltered lagoon, making it one of the safest on the island, and thus perfect for families. As a luxuriant oasis in Sanur, Griya Santrian's enduring warm Balinese touches are imbued throughout its range of impeccable services and facilities. Leafy tropical Balinese gardens comprising flowering undergrowth and large shady trees (some older than the resort itself) dominate its manicured landscaping. And guests enjoy ease of access to the local shopping and dining hubs of Sanur, all within walking distance from the resort. At the heart of the Balinese owned and operated resort are its wonderful accommodation features - well designed and appointed guestrooms are spread throughout its two main wings. The two story Garden Wing comprises a total of 37 rooms with private balconies or terraces overlooking the resort's aforementioned lush gardens. Meanwhile, the ever popular Beach Wing features a total of 20 spacious rooms that let guests wake up to the wonderful garden view and the dramatic Sanur sunrises. Balconies or terraces also overlook the resort's main pool. Cable TV, mini-bar, hot and cold water, IDD telephone, tea and coffee making facilities, in-room safe and air conditioning all come as standard in-room amenities, to name a few. Alternatively, a choice of 59 Deluxe Rooms welcome guests to garden and pool views with some closer to the beach and feature en suite marble bathrooms and separate showers. For those who prefer a more lavish accommodation will find the Santrian Suite, a capacious suite with a 68 sqm bedroom with an elegantly draped four-poster bed as its center piece, together with a dressing room and private balcony. Designed with a refined modern Balinese approach, the suite serves as the ultimate romantic getaway for couples and honeymooners, while also great for families. For dining pleasures, Griya Santrian presents its main restaurants and outlets, which includes The Wantilan Restaurant, offering sumptuous breakfasts and all-day dining complemented by sweeping ocean views over the Sanur coastline. Meanwhile, Griya Beach Corner serves a wide choice of Italian, Japanese and Asian specialty dishes in a refreshing open-air setting. For a bit of romance, lovebirds can optionally spice things up with a bespoke candlelit dinner. The Spa at Griya Santrian is a thoughtfully designed and purpose built facility that offers a wide range of health and beauty treatments using natural fruit and flower extracts that will totally indulge you from top to toe. It's the go-to place within the resort grounds where guests can discover a great way to re-energize, refresh and rejuvenate during their stay. Griya Santrian opened in 1972 as a luxury boutique resort with a pride and commitment towards the preservation of Balinese arts and culture. While keeping to its roots and now in its fourth decade running, Griya Santrian continues to improve its facilities and services. The most recent addition includes a new wing room which was unveiled only last year, and repeat guests will also be surprised to see a new spa adjacent the resort's lobby, set to be completed this year. Several key facelifts are also well underway in 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Griya Santrian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Griya Santrian Hotel Sanur
- Griya Santrian Sanur
- Griya Santrian Bali/Sanur