There are 2 Rita in Sanur. One on Bumy Auy, where I stayed. Beautiful villa for 250 IDR per night. Air con, hot water, but:
1) Old and grey color sheet=cannot see is it really clean or not (was replaced by another same :(,
2) Blanket was without cover - everybody use it - it is not hygiene...
2) toilet a bit broken,
3) shower hose was leaking here and there, while use
4) bath tube in a condition that you would not have a wish to stay there without slippers (or similar shoes).
5) I have never seen so many mosquitoes anywhere else in Sanur.(I have been 18 days in Sanur)
6) There is a kitchen with gas stove, but no facilities provided. We were advised to buy in supermarket everything from plates to boiling pot..
7) Location is not excellent - you have to go about 15 minutes to get to the beach, but ok to get to nearest restaurants and shops.
All of these are acceptable, EXCLUDING construction site just behind this villa № 4 and near by villa (I guess № 3). People were working there from 8am to about 7:30 pm... You really cannot stay inside the room... we were so tired and slept in the first day, but second day was too much....
By request to return money back and go out (we payed 3 nights, but planned to stay there more than 2 weeks... we are lucky that decided to pre-pay only 3 nights) - the owner pointed out to the contract, where it says 50% fees for cancellation...(he got out of the room withing 70 seconds as it was impossible to keep conversation because of the noise).... however he offered nearby room for 200IDR without hot water..
All things are same, excluding, that construction site was a bit far, but road was near by - quite noisy, especially at night, when everything is quite around. This road is active at night as it is the only road which connects main beach road with bypass road withing about 2 km around this place...
You cannot get out without loosing money. Do not pay in advance (they are not asking you to pay for all nights, when you move in - use this option).
Rooms are dirty, bed in poor condition and quite small, not so good mattress, shower/toilet in poor condition, much more mosquitoes then in other hotels in Sanur, construction site or quite busy road just near by, no kitchen facilities in spite of there is a kitchen.
Yes, I have seen all this stuff around when I moved in, but construction site probably had got a lunch break, when I signed the contract :(
There is another Rita close to Hardys supermarket - I haven't been there, but there is a big construction site, which were active even at 9pm (every day I was walking around). I still would not recommend you to go there.
Answer to review "you get what you pay for": here (-8.685386,115.262502) you will pay 125 IDR for similar room. Also, somewhere there you can find a room with free wifi for 200IDR with hot water and air con.
I stayed in other hotel for the rest of my holidays (Semarandana), a bit more expensive, but MUCH better (check my review).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bali: Where the traditions remain untouched. Stay in a beautiful and peaceful paradise in Sanur just off the beach close to many world-class cafes and restaurants. Sanur House brings a contemporary ambiance with a mix of Balinese traditions and nowadays finishing. Our rooms are perfectly designed to be spacious and fresh. Enjoy life the way it should be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Sanur House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanur House Bali