“Unforgettable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali
Ranked #4 of 76 Hotels in Sanur
“Unforgettable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We chose Sanur because we wanted a quiet family resort with our 3 teenage boys to unwind and enjoy for the final leg of our 3 week holiday and feel pampered. Regent Bali has delivered everything we wished for and more. We are now in the last few days into our week long stay and I feel compelled to write something whilst gazing out at the ocean, listening to the soft sound of the Gamelon and feeling so contended that we chose this hotel.

What can I tell you that's negative about this place? Absolutely nothing. One of the most luxurious and amazing hotels we have had the pleasure to stay in. It's all in the detail. From the coffee and yummy warm muffin brought to your suite in the morning to the totally fabulous spa treatments (included daily in the premiere spa suites which have their own treatment room attached!), the attentive and courteous staff, the view from the 3rd floor, the fabulous free yoga sessions, a butler attending to your every need, delicious food in both restaurants ( for example they accidentally got my order wrong and immediately corrected it and gave complimentary dessert even though we made no complaints), the luxury beach loungers and amazing huge infinity swimming pool which is the envy of all passers by......very luxurious and spacious accommodation in the wonderful premiere spa rooms with Bose system, soft lighting, cool ocean breeze, luxury amenities and products, every conceivable thing taken care of ( even a luxury beach bag!) .....I could go on and on!......all brought together by the fabulous "hands on" GM who is constantly visible around the hotel ensuring the guests are well looked after and who is the key to its opening success. No request is too much trouble.

The ambience and elegance of the place surpasses all the 5 star hotels we have ever stayed over the world. Do not be put off by the occasional bad review due to teething and external agent issues because bring anything to their attention and I have no doubt they will try and resolve it to your satisfaction. This is luxury and service at its finest. Keep it up and it will definitely be the number one place to stay in whole of Bali. Beautiful. Thank you for what is proving to be a truly wonderful end to our vacation.

Room Tip: If you can afford it and want the ultimate in luxury go for the premiere spa suite ocean view. HUGE...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ABP123
RegentBali B, General Manager at Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Guest ABP123
All 270 employees are trilled from your positive comments, about your stay with your family here in Bali. We are very happy, you enjoy your holiday so much. Its a great motivation for every body to read your notes and comments here. We are do daily trainings with all departments to improve the experience for our guest and I belief for your stay many things was just perfect.
All our team here from Regent Bali would like to send you a very warm Terima Kasih and please come soon back. Your Suite will be always ready.
Best regards
Michael Gaehler
Group Pre-Opening General Manager
michael.gaehler@regenthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I stayed here during the "soft-opening" period in July of 2013 and was blown away by the hotel in every respect from the quality of the room to the high level of service provided and the amazing pool and beach front that was made available. The breakfast was very good offering a mix of Asian and western options, fresh juices and excellent coffee. Other dining options were also very good, and not over-priced. The concierge was polite, helpful, and responsive and the hotel provided complimentary shuttle to/from airport. Rally the only criticism I have is that the hotel's website does not contain pictures that adequately show the nice beach front that the hotel has. I will definitely stay here again if when I come back to Bali.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank dlivshiz
RegentBali B, General Manager at Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear Guest dlivshiz
Warm greetings from Regent Bali.
Thank you very much to staying with us and share your experience with us. We are very happy you enjoy your stay with us so much and we are looking forward to have you very soon back at Regent Bali. Please feel free to contact our team any time. Best regards Michael Gaehler.
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stayed in the Regent, Bali in July, 2013. I never wrote reviews before, but I need to admit it is truly luxurious hotel and the stay there exceeded my expectations. First of all, I was upgraded by the hotel on arrival and got Ocean View Suite, then after the hotel admitted it was minor defect in my courtain-system in the room, I was upgraded again to the Ocean Spa Suite! Apart from that, I enjoyed complimentary yoga sessions and chill-out at the swimming pool and the beach club. Gamelan plays whole the morning and evening, and during the evening time there are torches in the pool. It's hard to describe how beautiful it looks. The hotel staff also rented me their own laptop, even tho renting ipads/laptops is not yet in their offer. Overall, a perfect, relaxing stay. The only minus I noticed was that even though I called the spa and booked the massage, I was told I cannot have it because it was overbooked. I think there is only a limited number of therapists. But again, it only proves how popular is their spa promo "buy one get one free". The only type of travelers I would like to discourage from staying here are the ones with disabilities, there are lots of stairs and steps everywhere here. But again, an excellent stay.

Room Tip: I would recommend Ocean View rooms at the 4th or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank drblops
RegentBali B, General Manager at Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Regent Guest (drblops)
Warm greetings from Regent Bali and thank you very much for your sharing your very positive comments here on this internet platform. We are very happy to see your stay was very delightful and relaxing. Your comments shows we are on the right way to get better and better and please contact me next time directly that we can take care for your next stay at Regent Bali.
My contact email is michael.gaehler@regenthotels.com best regards Michael B. Gaehler
Melbourne,Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I am sitting here in our room at the Regent Sanur and as I look around the suite I have tears in my eyes as I can't believe how beautiful it is. This is the most exquisite hotel we have ever stayed in.
The waves are crashing over the reef on Sanur beach, the sun is just setting and in the forecourt below our 4th floor room, two men are playing the Gamelon. The wonderful sounds of Bali are drifting throughout the grounds played against a background of flames flaring up from the huge water feature. This hotel is true personification of relaxation,elegance and charm.
I will forever be haunted by the beauty of the Regent Sanur.
Tracey Robinson.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank IbuTracey
Dear Ms Tracy Robinson
Thank you very much much to share your experience from your stay here on Tripadvisor. We are delight to see you have found a place to be and enjoy. All our employee would like say Thank you and hope to see you soon back here at Regent Bali. Best regards
Michael Gaehler michael.gaehler@regenthotels.com
Gili Trawangan, Indonesia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I booked 2 suites at the hotel, for wich I received a confirmation and 1/3 of the amount was paid upfront. 4 days before arrival I by chance checked my Email, where I surprisingly saw, that there was a mail from the hotel, which stated that the price which they have offered me was wrong, and that I had to pay much more, nevertheless I had a booking confirmation. The rooms were booked directly on the hotels own homepage. So don't trust the price if you have received a discount. They will change the price just before arrival :-(

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
13 Thank Lars A
Dear Mr Lars
After investigation we get understand your frustration and disappointment with your booking.
You have used an internet platform with the name ESC....(we cant tell here).
This online travel partner had on their homepage an big error and sold our hotel for much to low rate. We ask this company to go in touch with you explain that Regent Bali was not involved in this problem and send an sorry letter
The Regent Bali is very sorry to hear your trouble with this online travel agent and would love to get directly in touch with you, if we can help for any future bookings directly with us at Regent Bali. Please contact me any time and if you would be able to remove this wrong comments about Regent Bali we would much appreciated. Warm regards Michael Gaehler michael.gaehler@regenthotels.com
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

We have recently returned from The Regent Bali after a 12 night stay for our Honeymoon. This was an amazing experience where the Staff and Management ensured that we were spoilt to the max throughout! I will try not to repeat much of what other reviewers have highlighted as it adds no value which would be a discredit for the star quality service at this hotel.
The tone of honeymoon was set by the smartly attired, polite driver who whisked us away from the hustle, bustle and heat of Denpasar Airport to Air-conditioned SUV where cold towels and chilled towels were provided…we were further impressed when the Driver informed us that the vehicle was equipped with free WiFi which after an almost 19 Hour journey was a god send to check in with family back at home…. Convenience at its best!
On arrival at reception/check in we were greeted with a much welcomed cold refreshing fruit cocktail, I was left speechless when I jokingly enquired about the possibility of a complimentary upgrade since we were on Honeymoon (not expecting anything) and the receptionist took no time in hesitating to contact the General Manager who authorised the upgrade instantly to a breath-taking ocean view room on the fourth floor…….speechless..
Throughout our stay the Hotel was in its soft opening stage, this did NOT detract from the level of service provided, if anything service levels/quality continuously improved, with all levels of management visible and happy to engage with the guests for feedback throughout the day further perfecting the experience and ironing out any miniscule concerns of the Guests. At various points during our day we returned to our room in the evening to find that Management had left us complimentary bottles of Sparkling and Red wines all presented nicely chilled as if they timed our return to the room …
Rooms- Large King-sized bed, well laid out, high quality furnishings with very particular attention to high quality detail, Butler serviced 24 hours free of charge , a complimentary ‘soft bar’ with a variety of drinks, water, coffee, teas and snacks all replenished daily, efficient and high quality laundry service. Large spacious bathrooms with a bath as well as a walk in overhead/wet room shower and all high quality cosmetics and consumer durables replenished daily, thick fluffy towels and high quality bedding… even a Shopping Bag for the Ladies as well !
Food- Breakfast was varied with a wide variety of choices daily, ranging from toast and croissants to Pad Thai, if nothing at breakfast on display tickled your fancy you were also able to request specifics which were made to order in quick time.. attentive staff and delicious creations.
Nyala Beach Club and Grill- Mind blowing, palate teasing creations for those who enjoy fine dining at its best this is the place in Sanur to be.. the Chef and Staff are all perfectionists providing you with that pampered spoilt treatment feeding your guilty pleasures with every mouthful …you must eat here even if you do not stay at the Regent as we tried other so called ‘hot spots’ which quite frankly did not match up to this restaurant’s standards.
The Infinity Pool- A definite wow factor, this is a large pool surrounded with well-placed large loungers, cementing the breath taking view of the sea, it is further enhanced by the faultless service of the very attentive and polite staff members…a definite envy for all the passers-by who stop to admire and take pictures.
The Beach- Again staff serviced loungers on hand with iced water, cold towels, sunscreen and even spa staff who can provide massages in situ… such a bonus.. the Beach itself is not yet perfect and can at times be frequented by a few small colourful boats which makes it even more picturesque.. some reviewers have complained about this however in our opinion this adds to the Balinese experience, Management were always around ensuring the Beach was cleaned and at times liaising with the infrequent Boatmen to stay further out at sea..Management seem very keen to make the beachfront more exclusive which would further enhance the experience...
The Grounds-Amazing layout and design.. when these Gardens mature it will be even more breath-taking, a wide variety of local plants, shrubs, trees and flowers adorn the grounds with grounds men working around the clock perfectly manicuring and pruning..
Security- Always a great concern for us, a definite bonus point here for the Regent where they have not spared any expenses providing robust security throughout the resort allowing you to relax in comfort with the peace of mind that you and your precious possessions are safe.
Overall Service and Experience- This Hotel is rapidly heading towards becoming the number one Hotel in Sanur and its environs putting the other long standing Hotels in the area(where we visited for Dinner and Drinks whilst travelling) who have become somewhat complacent to shame. We recommend this Hotel to anyone wanting to exclusively indulge and spoil themselves at the highest level where the art of pampering is being perfected…

Until we meet again.. truly amazing …

Room Tip: The Ocean View rooms are worth the extra cost ... we stayed in 427..and the canapes in the Lobby Lou...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RegentBali B, General Manager at Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear VijayArjune
Warm regards from Regent Bali
All our 260 employees from Regent are trilled, to read your positive comments here and we would like send you our warmest THANK YOU to take your time to describe your stay so in details. Many traveler will read your experience with us and will help to understand what is service and standards here at Regent Bali.
With comments like yours we are able to improve our service everyday and all our guest will have with every time, they are coming back, the more memorable holiday.
We are hoping to have you both soon back and are able to welcome you with a "Selamat Datang Kambali di Regent Bali" Best regards Michael B. Gaehler michael.gaehler@regenthotels.com
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

For my self Regent Bali is The Top 5 Luxurious hotel in Bali. As the newest hotel, Regent learn how to satisfy all The guest. If you travellers that who always looking for the finest and luxury treat, u should come and taste Regent Hospitality. Keep it Up Regent Bali !!!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RegentBali B, General Manager at Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Adi A.
Warm regards from Regent Bali
Our team says THANK YOU very much for your good comments and we will keep up and improve our service everyday. We will make sure your next stay will blow you away again and again.
Please feel free to contact me personally and we all will take special care for your next hideaway from Jakarta. Best regards Michael B. Gaehler (michael.gaehler@regenthotels.com)