1,797 results
All reviews layang layang luxury escapes lobster brunch escape package infinity pool butler service sunrise breakfast ocean view suite signature massage kids club spa suite pool restaurant fishing boats in room dining cold towels beautiful resort huge room
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful stay at the Regent Bali, with access to Sanur beach. Everyone was very professional and friendly. Our concierge was helpful in planning our activities (we tried scuba diving at Sanur beach). We stayed in the Deluxe suite, which included a traditional Balinese living room, which was my favorite part of the room. Morning yoga was offered and daily breakfast buffet. We also tried the signature massage at the in house spa (recommend arriving 30 min early to enjoy the steam room). The pool was a highlight, with amazing views down to the beach. There was only a minor problem with my room, with one of the nightstand lights not working (would not turn off), but the staff did fix this problem after my request. Overall excellent stay.

1  Thank p1nkLem0nade
RegentBali B, General Manager at Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Regent Guest, p1nkLem0nade, Irvine, California,

Thank you for the candid comments posted here regarding your recent stay at Regent Bali. I am glad that you had an overall pleasant stay (albeit the minor hiccup with the standing lamp that was fixed in a timely manner). We look forward to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed 6 days 5 nights at Regent Bali in Sanur. Excellent staff services, all of them are willing to help. Delicious breakfast, you must love it. Facilities of Room are quiet and clean, comfortable and friendly luxury resort in Sanur. Ordered a bouquet of Frangipani for my girlfriend.

Room tip: Deluxe suite ocean view is quiet, staff are very nice
2  Thank Gary C

Dear Regent Guest, Gary C, Hong Kong,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your recent stay here at Regent Bali. Looking forward to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed 2 nights and 3 days at the Regent Bali in Sanur and loved everything about the hotel. They are located at the very end of the boardwalk, so you can rent bicycles (complimentary) and ride them all throughout the area. We did this twice and was able to venture the market nearby as well as ride up and down the entire boardwalk which spans about maybe 10 km long.

The hotel itself is stunning, the entrance is grand, the driveway long and private and protected by 24 hour security so you always feel safe. The grounds are well manicured and there are always people working around the clock to make your experience there a good one. They offer a happy hour in the early evening, have live musical entertainment on the deck near the lobby, and have complimentary buffet breakfast with most hotel packages.

The two best things about Regent Bali are the staff and the rooms. From the moment we arrived, we were given the royal treatment from the staff. We were greeted with a lovely lychee and ginger refreshment, while the hotel manager gave us a tour of the property grounds and amenities offered. The bellman tree was the best, he showed us how to use all the Bose technology in the room, and he gave some great tips on things to do locally. He is very smart, and worldly. He knew a ton about other countries and what is going on in the world. And his English was impeccable, likely the best we encountered in our 12 days we spent in all parts of Bali. He has a great sense of humor and genuinely liked helping guests of the hotel, so if you get a chance to meet him, have a meaningful conversation, I know he would appreciate it. And for the manager who primarily helps with check in at the front desk, I think her name was Amini? She was very helpful at helping us when the room reservation had gotten mixed up. She took care of things right away (this was an Expedia mistake, not the hotels) yet she got on the phone right away with Expedia and made sure the issue was resolved. The quality of service and professionalism from this hotel were outstanding and when we come back to Bali we would absolutely stay here again.

The hotel value surpassed all our expectations. I almost feel it is inexpensive for what we get. The room is enormous, and has a separate lanai sitting area that 12 people could relax in. Each part of the rooms has sliding doors for privacy, and the bathroom was a luxurious oasis meant for relaxation. I love the rainfall shower head, the separate toilet, and the huge separate tub for a nice spa bath. The bed was a King and so comfortable. And the lighting and sound set up was out of this world. There were tons of light settings, and automatic privacy drapes for all corners of the room, again bringing in that sense of relaxation and privacy when you want it.

We had such an enjoyable experience at the hotel, their pool, the beach, surrounding area, and even the food was superb. Great vacation at the Regent. Highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for something luxurious, but are not looking to break the bank. A hotel of similar quality in the states would have cost about $1,500 a night, and this was only $250/night and well worth it.

Room tip: Surprisingly some of the rooms on the third floor had better (more panoramic) ocean views than the fourth floor. I only know this as they had two open rooms and gave us the choice, so we picked third floor with the bigger view. I think we had 3127 and we could see the gardens, the pool restaurant, and the ocean with boats in the water. It was beautiful. Do know, that when you book an ocean view room, that part of the building where the pool resides will block some of your view, so as far as I know there is not 100% panoramic and unobstructed ocean view from most rooms, so keep that in mind when you book your room type.
2  Thank Jocelynp06

Dear Regent Guest, Jocelyn C, Kirkland, Washington,

Thank you for the most gracious comments regarding your recent stay at Regent Bali. We are all truly happy that you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the Resort, the facilities and the services offered. Thank you too for your ind comments on the associates working here and i have shared this with them. They were very pleased to know that their services have been recognized.

Once again Thank you.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was delighted to be greeted by the warm and friendly staff of the hotel. Everyone was very willing to help and always trying their best to make guests feel comfortable. I stayed at the Garden View Deluxe Suite and the facilities and cleanliness were great. I love the little welcome message that was waiting for me in the room, a personal touch that I appreciate. The breakfast was lovely, and was all you can order rather than buffet style. This keeps the dishes fresh and I found that a good idea. Taxis can be requested, thus making traveling quite convenient. The hotel convenient located at a place for eating and relaxing as there are many bars, restaurants and cafes around.

The only downside was the driver that picked me up from the hotel. He was a bit pushy with things and that didn't make me feel quite comfortable. He would ask if I wanted to go to this seafood place en route to the hotel for free, otherwise it would costs me if I were to go there again another time, having to hire a car. I quite politely told him that another day was fine for me, but he kept asking me if i wanted to go there. That was probably the only downside I had when staying with Regent. Though I must say the airport pick up is quite important as this is the first impression that guests would have of the hotel.

I would also suggest Regent to have a pillow menu, allowing guests to choose a type of pillow that suits them as I found that I didn't sleep as well as I wanted since I wasn't used to the type of pillow provided.

Date of stay: May 2014
1  Thank Karen W

Dear Regent Guest, Karen W,

Thank you for the candid comments posted here regarding your recent stay at Regent Bali. I truly apologize about your taxi experience to the Hotel and we have taken steps to reprimand the third party operators about "touting". I am happy though that overall you had a pleasant stay at the resort.

With very best regards,

General Manager.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

After the closing of the Bali Hyatt in Sanur, for renovations, we had to find an hotel which at least matched the comfort and the friendliness of that hotel. we took advantage of a special deal at the year old Regent hotel in Jalan Kusama Sari Sanur. What a wonderful surprise it was and is, as we don't leave until Monday. This Hotel is possibly a 6 or at least 5 star hotel, with the opulence, design and exquisite taste of the much more advertised large hotels in Nusa Dua or Benoa. The rooms are the largest on the Island, masterfully designed for luxury living. The main pool high up overlooking the ocean with waterfalls cascading to the gardens below, is a delight to the eyes. The luxurious lounge beds with side tables give the feeling of really being cared for.
The staff are the friendliest and the most efficient I have experienced. Each room has a butler, who will cater to your every whim, everyone is made to feel like a millionaire in paradise. Our stay in Bali has been one of the most enjoyable experiences we have ever had. Before this hotel becomes really popular, as I know it will, take advantage of the special package I got through Expedia.com I forecast that this will become the most sought after hotel in Bali. I had the pleasure of meeting the General Manager Mr Jamal Hussain, who is every bit as friendly as his staff. You feel that if you had a problem, he would sort it out in double quick time. I think the Regent is in safe hands with this General Manager. Well done to all the staff. you are top of my hit parade.

Room tip: If you can afford it, get an ocean facing room but having said that all rooms, the call them suites are large and spacious. I can honestly say, that I don't think there are any bad rooms.
2  Thank 82Max

Dear Regent Guest, 82Max, Perth, Australia,

Thank you for the lovely comments posted here regarding your recent stay at Regent Bali. It was indeed wonderful to meet you and your lovely wife during your stay here. I am glad to read that you found the resort, the facilities and the services up to your expectations. Thank you for the gracious comments on the associates working here.

Looking forward to your next visit to Bali and to Regent Sanur.

With very best regards,