“if you're in doubt, doubt no more!”

Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali
Ranked #9 of 79 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The Regent resort is a place where you can unwind, feel pampered and well cared for. It is serene and organised, and imbues a sense of peace which even potentially rowdy customers would not dare break! It is on the beach, the 5km long walkway is on its doorstep, there are restaurants close by, and Sanur itself maintains something which bigger centres have lost years ago. You feel local and welcomed. The pool is to die for, relaxing yet offers the possibility to lap and exercise. We were fortunate to go when the resort was not crowded so having so much space was a bonus. The staff are the jewel in the crown - no more said. Thank you all for a lovely lovely stay. If you're going, just remember to smile, and you will receive a thousand smiles back! ;)

3  Thank CalamariandCo
RegentBali B, General Manager at Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Regent Guest, CalamariandCo, Auckland Region, New Zealand,

Thank you so much for your comments on your recent stay here at Regent Bali. I was particularly happy that you found the staff working here full of smiles. Yes, that is certainly part of the magic of Bali.

Thank you once again and with best regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My stay in this is rather impromptu, as I want to live up my dream to catch sunrise in Bali, something that I never do despite a number of trips to this amazing island. I made a research and found that this is the most talk about sunrise spot in the entire island and decided to hop into this hotel on the final night of my recent trip. I made an online booking one hour prior to my arrival; neverthess the check-in process is pretty much smooth. Cold towel and welcome drink are served immediately and they even asked me if I need a wake up call to catch sunrise! The hotel familirization done by the assigned butler Yogi who later turned out to be very attentive with my nonstop request. The manager on duty (I can't recall his name though) happened to be around during check in and greet me with a big smile. I stayed in the ocean view deluxe room located on the third floor which come with huge balcony and very decent bathroom. They offer L'occitane amneties, consistent with their sister hotel in Singapore. The room is definitely sea facing however there are few trees obstructing my view. Try request room on the highest floor should you wish to catch sunrise from your balcony but I believe nothing compares with the frontal view from the beach. The hotel does provide sufficient gazebo for sun catcher like myself to wait for the sun to come out. I spent close to 45 minutes watching amazing scene and head straight away to the restaurant . Breakfast spreads are well chosen and reasonable. Being Asian I like the idea of being able to order my usual breakfast spread. The hotel somehow is a bit quiet in the morning and I hardly see any young man/woman apart from the hotel staff and myself. I didn't pick up anything from their spa menu so I'm not going to comment. But what makes this hotel different than other places is the musician played local music instrument gamelan throughout the morning and the music is totally relaxing and soothing (on top of the sound of wave and breeze)... Wish I could stay a bit longer. Will definitely return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank nikman19

Dear Regent Guest, nikman19, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia,

Thank you for penning your comments here regarding your recent stay at Regent Bali. I was particularly happy to read your comments on the Balinese music played at the hotel as part of the hotel's feature.

Once again Thank you & with best regards,

General Manager.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

new property but already took over reputation the old hotel in sanur area.
regent bali is a luxury resort balinese combined with modern style.
the food totally was awesome, prepare by excelent and experience chef and good quality product.
this hotel must be the first choice as destination while drive to bali, especally to sanur.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank priyowiyanto

Dear Regent Guest, ryowee, Magelang, Indonesia,

Thank you for your very gracious comments regarding your recent stay at Regent Bali. I was particularly happy to read your very positive comments on the Food which I have already shared with the Executive Chef and the Food and Beverage Team.

Once again Thank you & with best regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed 4 nights at the Regent with our 6 & 9 year olds. We had booked and paid for 5 nights at Segara Village but was unhappy with this hotel so we jumped ship and came to the Regent. We are so glad we did. The Regent is everything the Segara isn't.
The rooms at the Regent are huge and modern. With plenty of room for an extra bed we all fit very comfortably in one room. The inclosed balcony with a second TV means we can put the kids to bed and sit in this room and relax.
The huge pool is fantastic and the restaurant by the pool offers great service and food.
The breakfast is the best I've ever had in Bali. Eggs, pancakes etc are cooked fresh and are of restaurant quality. They also serve good espresso coffee at no extra cost like most other hotels.
The gym was small but good enough. I enjoyed a few treatments at the Spa and was impressed.
The kids club was nice and modern and my kids really enjoyed going there. The beach is nice and clean and there are no local vendors harassing you. Sun loungers on the beach are big and comfy and yes you get iced water and cold towels here as well.

The only negatives are I think the air con in the room was a bit loud over night and there was no direct sun light on your balcony to dry bathers.

We loved all the extras they offer.
-Ipod docks in rooms
-Bose surround sound
-huge beautiful bathrooms
-L'Occitane soap & shampoo
-free soft drinks daily
-plunger coffee in rooms
-fresh fruit daily
-iced water by the pool
-cold towels where ever you go
plus heaps more

We look forward to staying at The Regent next year.

3  Thank kate s

Dear Regent Guest, kate s,

Thank you for the gracious comments regarding your recent stay at Regent Bali. WE are truly happy that you had a good family stay and enjoyed the Resort, its facilities and its services.
I have also taken note of your comment on the air conditioner and am pleased to inform you that we have addressed it accordingly.

With best regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We visited Bali as part of a trip to celebrate my "significant" birthday. I had originally booked another hotel in Sanur but having read some less than impressive reviews I decided to change to the Bali Regent. I was so glad that I did!
The Bali Regent is on a totally different level to any other of the hotels in the Sanur area. As soon as you enter the grounds of the hotel you feel a sense of calm and peacefulness. The hotel is only a year old and the therefore everything still feels new. The design of the resort is Balinese in essence but with a modern twist. The grounds are really beautifully maintained and the rooms are very spacious and comfortable. We stayed in a deluxe suite with a sea view on the 4th floor which had wonderful views across the resort to the sea. The bathroom was as big as some rooms I have stayed! And I loved the shower that had both a rainfall and a hand held shower attachment.
The breakfasts were very good, providing something to satisfy most people requirements. We also ate lunch and dinners on occasion at the hotel and the food was very good and given the standard we did not consider it to be expensive.
But the best thing about the Bali Regent is the staff. From the moment we arrived until we left, 2 weeks later, we were treated with exceptional service. From day one we were greeted using our names. This was from all staff including the people around the pool, who set up our sunbeds for us before we arrived each morning, to the waiters and the butlers. We have stayed a some hotels where the staff are very polite but impersonal. We found the staff at the Bali Regent to be very polite and efficient while also being very friendly and happy to engage in conversation.
The Bali Regent may be a bit more expensive than other hotels in Sanur but I think that it offers very good value. We did wander up the beach path to take a look at the original hotel I had booked and there was no comparison. I was so glad I stayed at the Bali Regent!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dominocat

Dear Regent Guest, dominocat, South Wales

Thank you for your gracious comments regarding your recent stay at Regent Bali. Your comments on our staff are truly appreciated and they have been shared with Managers and staff. They were delighted to hear your comments.

Once again Thank you and with very best regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This near-new hotel is an exceptional hotel for families or couples. The architecture is very high-end and tasteful, a contemporary take on traditional Balinese architecture, open to the ocean breezes and very private and secure from the street and the beachfront. The Balinese water gardens in the centre of the property are beautiful, with a structure in the middle that hosts two gamelan instruments which are played in the mornings and evenings - gorgeous!

The hotel fronts onto a long, narrow beach with seating etc on the sand, and all along the beach front there is a long footpath, which we used to take a walk with lots to look at (the locals' kites were amazing), and also for bike rides (bikes lent by the hotel, free, with options for bike helmets and toddler seat). There is a mix of other hotels (not a patch on the Regent as far as I could tell!) local shops and busy with pedestrians, bike riders and the occasional scooter).The pool area is next to the western grill restaurant - they will bring your lunch to you on your pool lounge, or you can sit more formally at a table - and the open air lobby bar (great happy hour cocktails and free canapes every evening!!). Both these are elevated from ground level, so you have great views over the beach to the bay, and good privacy - you feel far away from the hustle and bustle of the street and beach. There is also an asian themed restaurant (we only ate their food via room service) which is also the breakfast location, with seating inside with aircon or outside by the water garden.

The gym is well equipped; there is also a spa but we didn't use that, so can't comment.

We traveled as a family of four (2 small kids) there for just over a week in July 2015. Standouts for us were the excellent food options (particularly the range, and choice of Asian and Western breakfasts, which was inclusive, good coffee and amazing fresh bread and pastries). They were very understanding and helpful of our special food requirements for allergies, and room service is an easy option, with a wide range of choices and a good set up in the room for eating comfortably.

The drop-in kids club (every day from 10am till 7pm) was very popular with our two (3 and 6) and they begged to go there every day, plus the two kids pools which are shallower than the enormous infinity pool overlooking the beach, and more sheltered from the wind, warmer for longer into the day, and also removed from adults so their playing didn't disturb the other guests). The beach is right on the doorstep, and the kids club lent us buckets, spades etc for playing. I would advise bringing your own pool toys, but we were able top purchase a cheap blow up floaty ring for one of ours in a local shop. Adults can easily spend the day reading on a lounge by the pool without needing to move!

The massive room had a beautiful bathroom and oversize outside private balcony living area with table + 2 chairs, bar fridge (replenished with soft drinks), daily fruit and evening cookies, and a massive daybed, with a tv inside and out so we could park the kids in one space and have a separate place for adults (great in the evenings after bed time). King size bed very comfortable, with an extra single bed brought in was fine for the four of us. Rooms were very clean and well maintained, lots of storage, and thoughtfully designed, with docks for ipods (speakers into the bathroom as well as the room), aircon that turned itself on or off depending on whether your balcony doors are open or not, night light and mood lighting. Bathroom good for use with a family with massive luxury bath, separate shower (I miss the great water pressure!) and toilet with its own door so you could have more than one person use the bathroom at once with adequate privacy. L'Occitane toiletries, daily replenished bottled water and clever bathroom lighting (mood or make up strength!) and little thoughtful things like shower cap PLUS hair elastic for eg). They also have villas for larger parties.

Service was exceptional - you have your own 'butler' who looks after all requests - we used a hotel-organised driver for a day trip to Ubud, which is not too far away, and airport transfers, the cars were clean and the driver safe and very helpful). There are regular free shuttles to the main shopping/restaurant strip of Sanur, which is very close by - but its walkable really, unless you were feeling tired or lazy! Very close by are laundries, pharmacy, supermarket, heaps of restaurants, if required. Staff were almost uniformly friendly, polite and professional, and from the head guy in the lobby to the gardeners, staff greet you with a smile and a "good-day".

You should be aware of mosquitos, and use personal mosquito repellant especially in the evenings - we did get some in the room overnight somehow, which was annoying.

Sanur is well positioned from the airport (20 minutes max) and other Bali attractions, and has a very family-friendly, safe feel. We loved it and would return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th floor overlooking the garden and the sea.
5  Thank PsmithOfThePsmiths

Dear Regent Guest, PsmithOfThePsmiths, Australia,

Thank you so much for the lovely comments penned here regarding your recent stay at Regent Bali. We are all very happy that you had an overall enjoyable stay and that we met your expectations.

Thank you and with very best regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed at the regent bali for 2 nights in a Deluxe Suite, Garden View and had a fantastic stay.The resort has excellent restaurants and food options however other local options are walking distance from the hotel.Large infinity pool facing the white sandy beach and blue ocean is just another great place to enjoy the breeze.The decor of the room was gorgeous, having a huge indoor and outdoor living area complete with Tv, bedroom and gorgeous bathroom with a lovely big tub to soak in . The property has a great spa and being set in traditional dense gardens you have great privacy.I would highly recommend this resort for a true tropical five star experience its world class.

1  Thank a_mahfud

Dear Regent Guest, a_mahfud, Jakarta, Indonesia,

Terima Kasih for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here at Regent Bali. WE are all very happy that you had an overall enjoyable stay.

Once again Thank you & best regards,

Jamal Hussain

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanur
Puri Santrian
The Legian Bali
The Legian Bali
#7 of 148 in Seminyak
The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

Been to Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali? Share your experiences!