“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 76 Hotels in Sanur
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have stayed at a few hotels in Bali, this has to be up there as one of the best.
The staff are very professional and courteous, providing everything you need whilst giving you all the space and privacy you could want.
The surroundings are beautiful and rooms, exceptional.

We thought there were not many guests at the hotel as we didn't seem to notice many people around the pool or common areas, however on going for breakfast the next morning were surprised to see there were in fact a lot of guests. This must be due to the layout, providing peace and tranquility with spacious surroundings

We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Allan B
RegentBali B, General Manager at Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Regent Guest, Allan B, Perth, Australia,

Thank you for the very gracious comments regarding your recent stay here at Regent Bali. We are very happy to learn that you were satisfied with the Resort, the facilities and the services provided. I am glad that you enjoyed the privacy. Looking forward to welcome you back.

Jamal Hussain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Fabulous property and great service. I must say they exceeded my expectations. A couple of hiccups in the beginning but the staff members certainly have the attitude to make it all fall perfectly in place. They made our stay unforgettable. Will return on my next visit to Bali and would highly recommend.

If Regent Bali were to participate in a miss world contest, it is sure to win miss photogenic! The property is simply stunning and so are the rooms. Very spacious and thoughtfully designed.

Little touch matters a lot and the staff certainly did not leave any stone unturned when it came to keeping us happy and taken care of.The f&b director took note about training the staff. We saw a marked positive difference to the service we received during rest of our stay. Service became very personalised and the front office manager would check with us every day that we were being taken good care of. Very pleased with this positive attitude to serve the customer. Thank you very much front office manager for all the service, gestures to make our stay very memorable and special!

We are vegetarians and got delicious food during all the meals we had at the hotel and the service was spot on too.

Spa experience was very relaxing and reinvigorating. Both the kids pool and infinity pool we're clean and well managed.

It's a shame the beaches in Bali generally are not so great.

Wishing all the staff members and management of Regent Bali all the very best!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Kamandalan
Dear Regent Guest, Kamandalan, Hong Kong, China,

Thank you for your candid comments posted here with regards to your recent stay at Regent Bali. I apologize unreservedly for the initial hiccups which I am so glad were addressed accordingly and recognized.
We are all vary glad that you had an overall enjoyable stay and were happy with the Resort, facilities and the services offered.
WE certainly look forward to welcome you back to Regent Bali.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

The Regent resort is a place where you can unwind, feel pampered and well cared for. It is serene and organised, and imbues a sense of peace which even potentially rowdy customers would not dare break! It is on the beach, the 5km long walkway is on its doorstep, there are restaurants close by, and Sanur itself maintains something which bigger centres have lost years ago. You feel local and welcomed. The pool is to die for, relaxing yet offers the possibility to lap and exercise. We were fortunate to go when the resort was not crowded so having so much space was a bonus. The staff are the jewel in the crown - no more said. Thank you all for a lovely lovely stay. If you're going, just remember to smile, and you will receive a thousand smiles back! ;)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank CalamariandCo
RegentBali B, General Manager at Fairmont Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Regent Guest, CalamariandCo, Auckland Region, New Zealand,

Thank you so much for your comments on your recent stay here at Regent Bali. I was particularly happy that you found the staff working here full of smiles. Yes, that is certainly part of the magic of Bali.

Thank you once again and with best regards,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My stay in this is rather impromptu, as I want to live up my dream to catch sunrise in Bali, something that I never do despite a number of trips to this amazing island. I made a research and found that this is the most talk about sunrise spot in the entire island and decided to hop into this hotel on the final night of my recent trip. I made an online booking one hour prior to my arrival; neverthess the check-in process is pretty much smooth. Cold towel and welcome drink are served immediately and they even asked me if I need a wake up call to catch sunrise! The hotel familirization done by the assigned butler Yogi who later turned out to be very attentive with my nonstop request. The manager on duty (I can't recall his name though) happened to be around during check in and greet me with a big smile. I stayed in the ocean view deluxe room located on the third floor which come with huge balcony and very decent bathroom. They offer L'occitane amneties, consistent with their sister hotel in Singapore. The room is definitely sea facing however there are few trees obstructing my view. Try request room on the highest floor should you wish to catch sunrise from your balcony but I believe nothing compares with the frontal view from the beach. The hotel does provide sufficient gazebo for sun catcher like myself to wait for the sun to come out. I spent close to 45 minutes watching amazing scene and head straight away to the restaurant . Breakfast spreads are well chosen and reasonable. Being Asian I like the idea of being able to order my usual breakfast spread. The hotel somehow is a bit quiet in the morning and I hardly see any young man/woman apart from the hotel staff and myself. I didn't pick up anything from their spa menu so I'm not going to comment. But what makes this hotel different than other places is the musician played local music instrument gamelan throughout the morning and the music is totally relaxing and soothing (on top of the sound of wave and breeze)... Wish I could stay a bit longer. Will definitely return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank nikman19
Dear Regent Guest, nikman19, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia,

Thank you for penning your comments here regarding your recent stay at Regent Bali. I was particularly happy to read your comments on the Balinese music played at the hotel as part of the hotel's feature.

Once again Thank you & with best regards,

General Manager.
Magelang, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

new property but already took over reputation the old hotel in sanur area.
regent bali is a luxury resort balinese combined with modern style.
the food totally was awesome, prepare by excelent and experience chef and good quality product.
this hotel must be the first choice as destination while drive to bali, especally to sanur.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank priyowiyanto
Dear Regent Guest, ryowee, Magelang, Indonesia,

Thank you for your very gracious comments regarding your recent stay at Regent Bali. I was particularly happy to read your very positive comments on the Food which I have already shared with the Executive Chef and the Food and Beverage Team.

Once again Thank you & with best regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed 4 nights at the Regent with our 6 & 9 year olds. We had booked and paid for 5 nights at Segara Village but was unhappy with this hotel so we jumped ship and came to the Regent. We are so glad we did. The Regent is everything the Segara isn't.
The rooms at the Regent are huge and modern. With plenty of room for an extra bed we all fit very comfortably in one room. The inclosed balcony with a second TV means we can put the kids to bed and sit in this room and relax.
The huge pool is fantastic and the restaurant by the pool offers great service and food.
The breakfast is the best I've ever had in Bali. Eggs, pancakes etc are cooked fresh and are of restaurant quality. They also serve good espresso coffee at no extra cost like most other hotels.
The gym was small but good enough. I enjoyed a few treatments at the Spa and was impressed.
The kids club was nice and modern and my kids really enjoyed going there. The beach is nice and clean and there are no local vendors harassing you. Sun loungers on the beach are big and comfy and yes you get iced water and cold towels here as well.

The only negatives are I think the air con in the room was a bit loud over night and there was no direct sun light on your balcony to dry bathers.

We loved all the extras they offer.
-Ipod docks in rooms
-Bose surround sound
-huge beautiful bathrooms
-L'Occitane soap & shampoo
-free soft drinks daily
-plunger coffee in rooms
-fresh fruit daily
-iced water by the pool
-cold towels where ever you go
plus heaps more

We look forward to staying at The Regent next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank kate s
Dear Regent Guest, kate s,

Thank you for the gracious comments regarding your recent stay at Regent Bali. WE are truly happy that you had a good family stay and enjoyed the Resort, its facilities and its services.
I have also taken note of your comment on the air conditioner and am pleased to inform you that we have addressed it accordingly.

South Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We visited Bali as part of a trip to celebrate my "significant" birthday. I had originally booked another hotel in Sanur but having read some less than impressive reviews I decided to change to the Bali Regent. I was so glad that I did!
The Bali Regent is on a totally different level to any other of the hotels in the Sanur area. As soon as you enter the grounds of the hotel you feel a sense of calm and peacefulness. The hotel is only a year old and the therefore everything still feels new. The design of the resort is Balinese in essence but with a modern twist. The grounds are really beautifully maintained and the rooms are very spacious and comfortable. We stayed in a deluxe suite with a sea view on the 4th floor which had wonderful views across the resort to the sea. The bathroom was as big as some rooms I have stayed! And I loved the shower that had both a rainfall and a hand held shower attachment.
The breakfasts were very good, providing something to satisfy most people requirements. We also ate lunch and dinners on occasion at the hotel and the food was very good and given the standard we did not consider it to be expensive.
But the best thing about the Bali Regent is the staff. From the moment we arrived until we left, 2 weeks later, we were treated with exceptional service. From day one we were greeted using our names. This was from all staff including the people around the pool, who set up our sunbeds for us before we arrived each morning, to the waiters and the butlers. We have stayed a some hotels where the staff are very polite but impersonal. We found the staff at the Bali Regent to be very polite and efficient while also being very friendly and happy to engage in conversation.
The Bali Regent may be a bit more expensive than other hotels in Sanur but I think that it offers very good value. We did wander up the beach path to take a look at the original hotel I had booked and there was no comparison. I was so glad I stayed at the Bali Regent!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dominocat
Dear Regent Guest, dominocat, South Wales

Thank you for your gracious comments regarding your recent stay at Regent Bali. Your comments on our staff are truly appreciated and they have been shared with Managers and staff. They were delighted to hear your comments.

Once again Thank you and with very best regards,