“Nothing Special”

Cuisines: Indonesian, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I am struggling to understand the hype and rave for the food here. My mum and I visited for lunch and found the food average, not fantastic. It looks like a modern cafe and seats very few people. People mostly share tables with each other. I don't have complaints per se, but definitely not anywhere near the top places to eat in Sanur, more like a quick eat to fill the stomach. Even an average nasi campur from a random warung was way more satisfying than the dishes here.

I could liken the food here to what you could find in an average coffee shop back home. This isn't authentic Indonesian food but I won't take points off that since I knew that coming here. The only thing I was pleased with was that it didn't burn a hole in my pocket at about 60k for 2 persons. I can't fail it, but it isn't "5 stars" - though it's weird everyone else seems to have had a different experience from us. Maybe I should have just ordered the paninis instead.

1  Thank krayfi
noviegehlen, Owner at Warung Kecil, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

I am so sorry to hear that you are not impress with our food, The nasi campur is almost everybody's favorite. Can you tell me which side dishes did you pick?
Hopefully we can meet serve you again another time and hopefully there will be different experience.

Novie

There are newer reviews for Warung Kecil

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We had lunch there the other day. This place is tiny (holds 10 - 15 people) and enclosed and air con was set to Bali temps. A tad warm to say the least. Lunch menu was mainly salads and Panini's. Not much Indonesian on offer at the time. Might be different at night. Wife tells me salad was good but dressing needed that extra bit of zing. Panini was nice but I was looking for Indonesian food. Prices are cheap but the are other warungs that offer equal quality at better prices. Service is excellent and food portions good size. Just not what I was looking for.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I just had my breakfast there! Wonderful morning and wonderful breakfast. I had the Nasi Campur, all the dishes is very good. Downside is, if you order from menu will be around 30 mins, don't feel bad if you waiting there. The Nasi Campur start around 1040-1400, black pepper beef is fantastic. I had twice of it today. The drink, very berry is a must try if you love berry, yogurt and honey. Overall acceptable for the price, very reasonable! Enjoy guys!

1  Thank Louiss L
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We have walked past this little place on previous visits and never tried but this time My husband had read the reviews and wanted to try it. We went twice, once for lunch, the paninis are amazing, and again for dinner with our Balinese family. We had the local dishes and even the 2 little ones finished everything. Will be recommending this to our friends and family that visit and will go again next time we are there.

1  Thank Tresna W
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a nice little place if you want something different and in the backpacker budget.Its only a very small place hence the name Warung Kecil (Kecil meaning small).
Not what you would expect from an Indonesian Warung,but for me it was really great,and the bill made me smile.So if your on a budget,you cant go past this place.Give it a try,if you dont like it nothing lost.

1  Thank Trevor T