“Staff are the reason to stay here.”
Review of Nike Villas

Nike Villas
Ranked #11 of 139 Speciality Lodging in Sanur
Perth, Australia
“Staff are the reason to stay here.”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Five nights tucked away down Bumi Ayu, a short walk off busy Tamblingam in a surprise that is Nike Villas, Ade, Ketut and other staff were great and the best reason to stay there.

Nothing was too much trouble for staff, Ketut proved this by organising traditional healing massage for four with only 15 minutes notice. Breakfast and lunches were tasty and satisfying. The hot/cold water fountain in the kitchen that was kept topped up was the best facility we enjoyed most of all.

We made use of the villa bicycles and the family all agreed the wifi service was excellent. Staff who drove us around Sanur on short trips were friendly and polite, the walk to and from the beach could be an ordeal in the heat if you didn't go early morning or evening, but a driver would pick you up on short notice in Sanur, a very helpful service when getting supplies from Hardys.

The villa decor is pleasing and the photos definitely dont do it justice. The pool was clean but pump was bit noisy, it could be heard over the sounds of the waterfall, but we saw people working down behind the bale to fix it while we were there. The bedroom decor and linens are decent quality, the lighting and ambience is restful but the bed is very firm by Australian standards. The second bedroom with two singles is a luxury two teenagers really enjoyed.

Bathrooms are good quality although main bedroom bath is showing its age with some discolouration in the bottom of it and the blinds above were stuck making it hard to enjoy the view or adjust the lighting. Getting the right water temperature was a little hard to mix on the main shower even after four nights.

Sadly there seems to be problems with doors in the villas. The sliding door in main bedroom between bedroom and bathroom was noisy when opening and closing, it would get stuck and require some extra handling, a problem during night. The door on the second room does not close quietly, it shuts with a loud bang and you constantly had to help it close before you could walk away. It was the single most annoying thing.

The villa makes for pretty holiday photographs to take home with you but at the tariff charged by Nike, some regular maintenance on the villa would be needed for us to rebook another stay as I would come back to visit Ade, Ketut and staff, they are the greatest asset and the highlight of staying there.

Room Tip: The two bedrooms in the villa we booked are separated by the dining/living area, this creates an atm...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mobileaussie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 10 April 2013

In my opinion this is a very good budget hotel, i stayed there for 2 nights the hotel is not yet ready they have only 3 rooms 2 for 2 bed rooms and a single villa 1 bedroom.
All rooms has praivet pool as per muslims want( totally privet ). cant say mor only it is a v.good hotel. By the way i gave the location 3 out of 5 coz it is far away from the beach and location is not that goood.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Our stay started with a late night airport pick up in an aircon van. Arrive into the villa and be greeted with fresh fruit juices and cool towels and fruit plates. A quick dip into the private pool and the holiday was off.
Woke up to an amazing cooked breakfast of either western style or indo style. For many mornings my sons and I went indo but after a while we craved some western style breakfast.
The rooms are cleaned every day and serviced well. Late night turn down service and lighting of mosquito burners done. Has its own bottled water cooler which is great (we drank a 19lt bottle in two days due to extreme heat). Bottled water is provided in the fridge and fruit bowl always re filled. If you run low on fruit the staff will get some quickly. The service is unobtrusive and efficient. Ade and his team are great and nothing is a problem. The pool is a must when you have two active boys and temperature of high humidity. The pool did go a green colour but it was treated quickly and next day we could swim again.
Close to the main street with plenty of dining choices. Self cooking facilities are basic but have enough to cook a meal with groceries from Hardy's. You can grab a bike to cruise up the street or markets and be there in a few minutes.
As a general we really enjoyed the villa and the service did not disappoint us. It is a great villa to sit back and unwind for a few days but maybe might get a bit stagnet after 6/7 days if you tend to hibernate.
Probably an important thing to mention is the rooms are airconditioned. The main area of the villa has fans but when you retire fir the night the air cons are a welcome relief. A laundry service us offered but at a cost which is not really a big deal...a few dollars.

Security is great. The friendly guard at the front each night. They also come and lock your villa door each night. As mentioned WiFi is good but we had foxtel drop out due to a big thunderstorm which is no ones fault.

Would I stay here again in comparison to a resort? Yes. Too many things to ticked the box for what I was after for a secluded get away.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank willthan
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I stay here for 2 night. I DO NOT want to leave this house at the first moment I went into the room, even now. I went out late and went back early. I can not help to think about the pace I stay every moment when I went out. I bought food and ate in the villa, whenever I want. There is a microwave oven, and it's really helpful. I can always prepare the food for my husband quickly. The wifi signal is better than any place when I stay in Bali. when I came back to my home, I suggest all my family and friends to stay here if they go to Bali. I certainly will choose Nike Villas when I visit Bali again and take a longer stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple