“Yum!!!!!!”

Gelato Secrets
Ranked #7 of 17 Dessert in Sanur
Price range: US$2 - US$4
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: The secrets of our products are LOVE and PASSION for GELATO. The creation of Gelato Secrets is a way for us to share it with others.Inspired from the childhood memory and love for GELATO, Maria & Carlo Lentini bring this wonderful dessert to Bali with the authentic taste from Italy and a twist of best ingredients in the island. Savour this wonderful combination of tastes and discover the art of Gelato.
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This small gelato shop at the front of Hardy's is easy to overlook, however if you do notice it forget the kids stuff and try the chocolate chili gelato, WOW it packs a punch but not so hot that you can't appreciate the chocolate. If you are unsure of your chili muscles the delightful young man serving will give you a sample.

There are newer reviews for Gelato Secrets

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

These guys have many sorbet options which are all dairy free but they taste amazing. The chocolate sorbet you struggle to taste the difference compared to dairy ice cream.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We had like 4 kinds and I have to say the pistaccio was one of the best I've ever had! The others were also good but I'm a pistaccio lover:)

Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Awesome gelato, loved the huge selection of flavours. Cinnamon was my favourite, but also snickers and lime sorbet was a hit combo. Addictive and awesome :)

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I am an icecream fanatic and coconut fan. So i was pleased that they had coconut ice. However it didn't tasted like coconut and the structure was too smooth. And i think that the price for one scoop is far too high. Especially in Bali where everything is much cheaper than in Europe. But one scoop is 20000 rp, while in my hometown you can have really tasty coconut ice for one euro (15000). So I don't recommnd this place and I am still loooking for some good coconut icecream in sanur.

Maria L, Owner at Gelato Secrets, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Travelholic80,

Thank you for your visit to our shop. However, there is a misunderstanding here since the coconut flavour that we make is a sorbetto and does not contain any dairy. Since you mention that you are a coconut gelato lover, I think that you know that gelato is made with milk and cream. Instead of using cow milk and cream, we replace it with coconut milk to have the original flavour of the coconut itself. Therefore, it is much different than what you had consumed in Europe. The texture is smoother and less heavy since we do not put dairy and desiccated coconut (to have the coarse flavour).

Regarding to our price of Rp 20.000 per scoop (including ppn), It is not much more expensive that the one in Europe. If you go to a good gelateria in Italy, the price is much more expensive than what we offer, and you will have a smaller portion. Moreover, we are using premium cream and fresh milk, which we import from outside Indonesia since we cannot find it produced locally here. Therefore, our cost is higher with import tax and transport. Also, we produce a quality Italian gelato and use Italian gelato maker machines, which also imported directly from Italy.
Therefore, I would like to inform you that to produce a quality gelato in Bali it is not cheap.

Please give me a message at contact@gelatosecrets.com and we would be pleased to make coconut gelato for you and meet you to have your feedback. I am sure that we can produce a good coconut gelato that you are looking for in Sanur.

Best regards,