“Klumpu...... Hope this helps.”
Review of Klumpu Bali Resort

Klumpu Bali Resort
Ranked #3 of 136 Sanur B&B and Inns
Perth
“Klumpu...... Hope this helps.”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I found this place on tripadvisor and was impressed by the reviews. It is new resort and I believe only opened in April of this year.

I have stayed in Sanur many times and was looking for a small quiet resort slightly away from the beach area where we have previously stayed and I guess a little quieter for me and my wife to relax for a week and this seemed like the perfect place.

I have to say that if I had done my research a little better I would have discovered that of the 13 reviews submitted at the time of my booking and all of these rating excellent by the way. I found that 7 of them were 1st reviews by new tripadvisor reviewers...? a coincidence maybe..?? along with the other reviewers who have mainly rated excellent at the other places they have stayed. So I hope my review helps you in making your choice.
I am sure the more reviews submitted the more accurate the rating of this resort will be.

I booked to stay here July 2013. The communication by e mail was excellent and a pick up from the airport was arranged by a one way shuttle the resort offers. I am always reluctant to say free of charge because the pick up is hidden somewhere in the price.

The Klumpu Bali Resort is not a cheap place to stay by Bali standards. I paid just over $190 per night for a 7 night stay.

This review is based on value for money and comparisons of other places I have stayed in Sanur and Bali.

The location is towards the South end of Sanur just before the Hyatt on the opposite side of the main road up a narrow lane about 100 to 150 metres. The Klumpu is around 15 to 20 minutes stroll to the centre of the hustle and bustle of the Sanur restaurants etc. If you want a good part of Sanur beach to go to the walk is about the same.

The accomodation as you would expect with it being a new resort is very good. This included a large king size bed and a couch plus sink and cooker hob, fridge and wardrobe. The room had air con and a large tv with many cable channels to suit different nationalities.The shower room is separate and has plenty of storage above the double basin areas and underneath the vanities,The room did seem to be quite dark even with all the lights on.
The room also has all water for consumption hot and cold provided. I have not seen this before and is very good by Balinese standards.

The breakfast was fairly typical of the standard breakfasts Bali offers, you know.........eggs any style,bread and various jams plus fruit and ham & cheese slices with fruit juice & bali coffee. I was advised you pay extra for cappuccino etc.when I asked, which was a little annoying. I think unless it's a buffet breakfast most people are a little tired of the same after a week or so.
I was aware that this was the breakfast before I booked so this is not a criticism by any means, just an indication of what to expect.

Afternoon tea and cake is provided every day and the food from room service is very good along with the bar fridge prices which are reasonable..

The pool is landscaped very well and the temperature is perfect for cooling you down slightly.
The tiles on the steps into the pool are a little dangerous and very slippy with no handrail, an accident here is imminent and the separation of the main pool and shallow area are the same tiles and not easily noticeable,This could be a safety concern as you can swim straight into the dividing wall. I think a mark on the top of the surrounding edge indicating the deep and shallow would be a help.

The proximity of the pool to the accommodation is very close for all 8 villas on the resort. This can be a very good or as discovered in our case a major problem. There are no signs around the pool or in the villas asking guests to consider noise at a certain time of the evening and if you have guests that show no consideration for this and for the other people staying at the resort then the villas location to the pool can be major issue as every sound can be heard from the pool in the villa very clearly.
We experienced this one night at around 9.30 pm and I told the people in the pool to be quiet. I have never had to do anything like this ever before. I informed the lady on reception despite the request from my wife not to say anything and the lady agreed they were very noisy. I am sure the other guests on the resort were pleased because it didn't happen again during the week we stayed. A simple sign or notice in the rooms could have prevented this.

I have always found that wherever I have stayed in Bali the staff are always friendly,polite and helpful and the Klumpu is no exception. The service and staff are excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank delboyPerth
dayu991, Manager at Klumpu Bali Resort, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Thank you so so much for taking the time to write this review about your stay at Klumpu. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thank you also for the various comments and suggestions contained in your review. We take guest feedback seriously, and use the feedback to discuss about further changes which makes our resort even more better.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Herfoelge, Denmark
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I´v just spend five days with my family at Klumpu, and it was great villas with free water and wifi, surrounded by an amazing garden. The pool has a good size and was kept clean all day. The staff was very kindly and helpful. The entire area was kept very clean.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Hello, Thank you for your review. In a tropical climate it is important to drink enough mineral water. That's why we supply free unlimited mineral drinking water during your stay in your villa. Our Wifi has signal everywhere so also inside your villa. I will say thank you to all our other Klumpu staff. You are welcome back anytime in the future.
Koege, Denmark
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Klumpu for 5 days and everything has been perfect.
The houses are clean and very beautiful, with free water and wifi, plus 40 free movies.
The area is breath taking, green and well keept with flowers and statues all around.
The pool is a good size and is keept clean during the day.
The staff members are very friendly and helpfull and speak english.

The main street is not so impressive, there is a lot of good resturants but the shops are all the same.

I really enjoyed my stay at Klumpu and would be happy to come back again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank ceciliekoge
dayu991, Manager at Klumpu Bali Resort, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Hello,
We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay. You are welcome back anytime in the future. Thank you for the compliments about our staff i will pass the positive comments to them also.
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

An exceptional place and immaculate service. We spent 9 days here with our 2 kids aged 6 and 8 and were blown away with what we found. While we were lucky to get an introductory price it was attention to detail throughout that impressed us. The pool was spotless, the garden lights were lit like clockwork, the beds were turned down nightly - no request was too much. The food is excellent and very well priced. The actual building is based on a traditional rice harvesting room but to step inside is to be be presented with 21st century luxury. Beautiful wood work inside and out, large rain shower and double basins, super efficient air con and so on. Minor criticisms can be found, but none worth listing here on balance with all that they do so well. We would definitely return and would be surprised if anyone would be disappointed. The smiling staff seem to enjoy their work and why wouldn't they in these surrounds?

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dgow2
Dear mrs Gow, Thank you so so much for taking the time to write this email about your recent stay at Klumpu Bali Resort. Your 2 kids were lovely and we were happy to take care of them. Also we want to thank you for sending the pictures with our staff and your children. You are welcome back anytime and thank you for choosing Klumpu Bali resort during your stay.
Roedovre, Denmark
Reviewed 13 June 2013

By far the best decision we made on our journey was to stay at the Klumpu Bali Resort. We stayed at 6 different hotels, fortunately Klumpu was our last one as we would otherwise have been very disappointed of the others (which we untill then found to be very good).

The rooms give the luxurious Bali experience that we wanted, the service was good and the pool was greatly enjoyed by our 1,4 and 8 year old children.

Within short walking distance you have restaurants, the sea and super markets/stores, but at the Klumpu you cannot hear anything except what goes on at the resort. PERFECT.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Thomas_Aa_Ra
dayu991, Manager at Klumpu Bali Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you for your review and your stay at Klumpu Bali Resort. Unfortunately for the other hotels, they still have to learn the meaning of 'service'. It is also nice to hear your children enjoyed their holiday. Please say hello to everybody in Denmark, and your are welcome back anytime!
Oss, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Browsing the internet to escape the world for a week we came across the beautiful website of Klumpu. At first it seemed to good to be true but when arriving at the resort all fell in place. From the first moment of contact with the lovely staff we felt welcome to stay in the beautiful romantic villas. We stayed here for 6 nights relaxing and enjoying life as it should be. The breakfast and overall menu was great and matched with the quality of the beter restaurants of Sanur. I have only one small remark about the bathroom commode, it has those plastic in adjustable height kitchenlegs... I would suggest nice chrome legs here (i know i'm being on the details right now!).

Keep up the great work and we will defenately stay here again if we ever get the chance!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elco S
dayu991, Manager at Klumpu Bali Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you for your review and your stay at Klumpu Bali Resort. We are glad you weren't disappointed, but gladly surprised when you arrived at our resort. Our website reflects exactly what you get. I have to agree with your small comment about the plastic legs, unfortunately there isn't a big assortment as there is the Netherlands. But you never know, maybe i see them some day and i will buy them.. Thanks again for your stay and you are welcome back anytime!
Western Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2013

this little oasis down a quiet alley in sanur was magical. we took a chance on this hotel as it had yet to be rated when i booked as it was brand new. So glad we took the chance. there is only 8 bungalows and they all look out over the pool. The gardens are beautiful as is the pool which has a mini waterfall and steps over the top which my youngest son loved. The staff were lovely and the free 15 minute massage by a male staff member was amazing. I paid to have an extra massage it was so good. Thoroughly recommend this little resort.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank KaliWesternAustralia
dayu991, Manager at Klumpu Bali Resort, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Hello Kali and Family,

Thank you for your kind review. It is a pleasure for us that your family enjoyed your stay at our resort. We welcome you back anytime