“A hidden treasure”
Review of Aleesha Villas

Aleesha Villas
Ranked #7 of 145 Speciality Lodging in Sanur
Reviewed 4 October 2013

It was so good, we have booked again for Jan 14. Stayed for only 3 nights, this time staying for 5 nights, stayed in a villa with private pool, breakfast cooked in villa each morning was great. Hired push bikes to get around as it is a bit of a walk to the beach & shops.
Totally recommend this place to anyone that wants more than just a hotel, staff are fabulous also.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michelle300466

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We have been at Aleesha Villas for three weeks and we enjoyed every minute of it. The suites are great and the staff is very friendly. It is a clean place, quiet and beautifull. We hired two bikes and we could reach the beach, shops, restaurants, etc. within minutes. From the start everything went smooth because Evie knows how to manage an hotel and how to arrange everything without annoying surprises. We would love to come back!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We had a 5 night stay in one of the pool side suites (not a villa) so this review is specific to the suites.
Excellent communication pre-stay.
Very happy with the nightly rate.
We had 2 rooms- the first #8 was a twin share for 2 nights then we moved to #7 a queen for the remaining 3 nights. My preference was for #7 as it was lighter, nearer the pool and the wifi was more effective in the room. Next time I would as for 6 or 5 where the pool is right outside the door.
The rooms are really spacious and were both very clean. They are nicely furnished and the beds were comfortable.
The small kitchen had everything we needed, it was mostly handy for drinks/snacks because we had our breakfast included and went out each night for dinner.
Nice big bathroom with shower and tub.
We used the restaurant to order poolside lunches which were good value and nice.
The pool area was really pleasant, we really liked the clear glass pool fence at the back of the property - it looked out onto a temple and grazing land so was a hive of activity for birds. In fact we decided that next visit we'd still go for a suite rather than a villa due to that particular feature.
Used the massage service three out of five days- recommended.
All the staff were very pleasant. Evie, the office manager is a great asset to the property.
The 2 maintenance issues that arose were dealt with efficiently and effectively.
In terms of location we liked it, it was interesting walking in and out through the various little laneways (gangs). It is a short walk through a track or by road to the beach and there are lots of great coffee places and restaurants close by. Hardys the supermarket is a short walk.
Looking forward to another visit in the future, it was a lovely stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gill G
Reviewed 21 August 2013

First impression was good. Villa looked good, maybe a little bit far from the beach for some people but we didn't mind. We stayed here for one week and noticed that the rooms are not cleaned properly. The staff just sweeps the room and that's it. You don't get any clean sheets or what so ever while you do pay enough for a stay in one of the villas. The food was terrible. I've been in Indonesia several times and never have I eaten so bad. I had a feeling that the rendang I ordered was just microwaved instead of fresh. The breakfast was even worse. The nasi goreng had no flavour at all. Luckly there are some great places where you can enjoy dinner in Sanur. If it was only the food, I would not have rate this place as poor. We had bed bugs in our villa. I still have scars on my legs from all the bites 2 months from now. The staff gave us a new bed and the next day we had bed bugs again. The terrible thing was that the management suggested that we brought in the bed bugs ourself while we didn't have any bed bugs in other placed we stayed or at home. The first day we met the male manager, the first thing he asked us was to write him a review on Tripadvisor. But when we had bed bugs he didn't come by our room to ask what was going on or what so ever. We thought that was weird since he is the manager. The rest of the staff is extremely kind and we felt bad that they had to solve this problem. We would not advice anyone to stay here, it looks good but there lots of flaws. There are better places in Bali where you can stay for a lot less money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Just wanted to share my stay at the Aleesha Villas! Stayed for 6 days, we (my husband and sister) were greeted by Evie and other staff; she was lovely and made us feel very welcome. Our villa was spotless, breakfast was great. We had a choice of 5 breakfasts which was plenty of choice and all the facilities were spot on. Our private pool was clean and very inviting; the villa had a kitchen area, outside shower, bath and a spacious bathroom. The villa was tastefully decorated with a few Balinese touches.
All the shops, restaurants and bar within walking distant and the beach was across the main road.
Jay, Chris & Tina xx

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We have just returned from a few wonderful days at the Aleesha Villas. We had Villa Diana which was in a word "fantastic". The main living area is outside under a thatched Bali style roof which was a real novelty and something different.

Inside was the main bedroom, lounge, huge ensuite and bathroom.

The main bedroom opens up overlooking the plunge pool.

Staff were awesome and couldn't do enough to help out.

This place is perfect for couples wanting to get away from it all. Personally I wouldn't take the kids as they may get a bit bored but it's not really set up for kids.

Room Tip: All rooms are secluded and private.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

What a beautiful spot..... I so enjoyed every moment of my stay at Aleesha Villas. My stay was of R&R and I can say it was an ideal spot to do it.
From the lovely warm welcome from Evie and all the staff, to the day to day interactions with all the staff made my stay so enjoyable, I loved being greeted by my first name everyday, it was lovely. The villa (Bella) and also villa grounds were beautiful, a complete sanctuary... Great facilities and furnishings and the private pool was sensational. The Bathroom was to die for! And the kitchen was well stocked with equipment.
The breakfasts were great and a great selection were prepared in my villa daily, I have a food intolerance and had my own bread so they use to prepare my breakfast with that. They cater to all requirements which impressed me greatly. And all other meals I had were lovely.
The added bonus of free wifi was awesome... The router was in the outdoor living area in the villa so you had a strong signal all the time. It was good to listen to some cool chilled out tunes on Internet radio while sitting by the pool.
Had a few massages in the massage studio by the mail pool which were thoroughly relaxing.
The location was great, it's a good walk up to the Main Street, I was solo and felt very safe walking at night, and pretty well lit.
Thank you all at Aleesha for making my stay so memorable, was so sad to leave!
I hope to be back next year that is if with all the excellent positive reviews that you get I can still get a reservation!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo