“Excellent Bali Hospitality”
Review of Aleesha Villas

Aleesha Villas
Ranked #7 of 144 Speciality Lodging in Sanur
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a wonderful trip to Bali, stayed at Aleesha Villas for the past six days, where we experienced excellent service from the complex staff, who are very friendly and accommodating. It was a home away from home experience.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Aleesha Villas

Reviewed 18 November 2013

"You'll never book a hotel again!" too true, highly personalised great service all part of the deal, without the fuss. It seemes nothing is too much trouble. Breakfasts to suit a variety of tastes and hunger levels. We stayed in a studio and soaked up the serenity ofthe pool, gardens and the temple next door. Where were we? who knows? who cares? we were just in a lovely place and will look forward to returning to Aleesha..

Room Tip: Research the facilities and choose depending on whether you are travelling alone, as a couple, famil...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

When we arrived at the airport we were met by Arys, a familiar smiling face from our last visit. Even though we arrived at Aleesha before check in time our Villa was available for us to move into straight away. This is just one example of the great service the staff at Aleesha extend to their guests. Even though this was just our second stay at Aleesha we felt 'at home" straight away and had been looking forward to staying in Villa Bella again. The Villa is spacious, clean and the private courtyard with lovely deep pool is surrounded by beautiful flowering tropical plants. Each morning we would wake up, slide open the bedroom doors that open on to the pool and have a refreshing swim before the friendly staff arrived to prepare our breakfast for us in the Villas kitchen. We enjoy getting to know the staff as they cook and are always willing to share about their families and life in Bali. At breakfast one morning my wife mentioned she would like fresh coconut juice and later that afternoon two whole coconuts appeared in our fridge. Such great service! The peaceful location, lovely staff, in Villa massages and great eating places with in walking distance in Sanur make this a perfect spot for a relaxing holiday. After venturing out on day trips to Kuta and Seminyak its great to return to the peace and quiet and privacy of our Villa Bella and relax in the pool! After two visits it feels we have made friends with the gang at Aleesha and look forward to the next time. I am about to confirm with the lovely Evie our next holiday for April 2014! Having found Aleesha on our first visit to Bali we haven't bothered to look for other accommodation.

1  Thank Warren S
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed at aleesha from 25th October to 1st November we booked on line and where picked up from airport and taken to hotel ,we where greeted by the freindly staff and checked in the vila was nice and clean and in a peaceful location we had our choice of breakfast cooked for us in our villa in the morning overall we had a great stay would be happy to stay again.

1  Thank 134fred
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I would recommend Aleesha to anyone wishing to enjoy a quite & relaxing holiday in Sanur.
With both private villas & studios it's perfect for our trips with family & friends or a Honeymoon package for me and my husband.
I can't say enough about the wonderful staff @Aleesha. The Manager Evie is such a delight & kindly books all of my many tours.
I have stayed here several times and celebrated such wonderful events with family & friends and will celebrate my first Christmas there this year.

Room Tip: I have stayed in both the private villas & the studios many times & would recommend either...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I arrived a Aleesha Villas, which is down about three very dirty laneways off the main road of Sanur
When shown to our Villa, I was in shock at the state if it - they look nothing like the website. They are old and dirty, the toilet door in the bathroom would not physically shut even with my 6ft2 husband against it. The air con did not work (one very small unit behind a wall which is behind the bed) Maintenance man checked it - all he did was look at the temp setting and say it was fine. No fan above bed asked Evie for one - they have none.
I confronted Evie about the state of the room and she was accommodating to show us another Villa which we were told was 3 months old. When walking in, it was newer, had fans and air con but was filthy to the point of food under the couch, food in the sink, rocks in the corner of the room, full dirt marks on the mirror
Evie said she would send housekeeping to clean it up and we agreed to change villas. Husband and I walked to find a beer - when I say walk I mean WALK its about 15mins easy to the street with rubbish and dog poo all in the laneway
After an hour we decided that the villa and service was not as advertised and wanted to leave. We went back and told Evie who called Iris's husband, I initially spoke to him and he was - less than pleasant. Saying that the villa was not dirty, nothing wrong with the air con, couldn't believe that we were upgraded to another villa (I wouldn't call it upgraded) I passed the phone over to Husband who argued points and said we wanted out - he was not at all obliging to the situation and would not let us leave or leave and lose all our money - being $1200. After a while we were told we would have to pay two nights - $400 and go now, we'd been there for three hours.
We went to open the villa door - the key broke in the lock
Once 'maintenance" removed it our massage ladies were already there as we had booked the honeymoon package - we stayed for an hr of the massage (I mean we had just forked out $400!!) the ladies just bought the pool cushions inside and we lay on the floor while looking at food under the couch. The canapés arrived which consisted of handful of brie, premium crackers and those green stuffed olives in a jar you get from coles.
As soon as they were done we grabbed our bags and left. It was a horrible experience. The photos are from when we got back after housekeeping had apparently been.
Don't stay here.

4  Thank RenBergsie
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We had a 5 night stay in Aleesha villas as part of a four stop trip and we had a thoroughly enjoyable time starting with Evies very warm and personal greeting as the driver dropped us off.
We had booked the honeymoon package and Evie took delight in showing us around our Villa, Diana and how they had added the extra touches to make our arrival extra special, even taking photographs for us.
We didnt want to leave and had cocktails delivered to our private pool.
The villa was very spacious and immaculate. I loved the high thatched ceilings and the tranquility of the place.
My husband used to start his day by sliding open the glass doors of the bedroom and jumping straight in to the pool for a morning dip before breakfast.
We had breakfast each morning cooked in our kitchen and also we had a beautiful traditional Indonesian meal cooked one evening around our candelight pool.
Although we had planned to, we did not get to sample the main pool or restaurant but they too looked very nice.
We also had a wonderful couples massage in our villa one evening .
We ventured out to the main Sanur area (10 mins walk via side strees/alleys but very safe) and there are plentiful restaurants along the main road also the Hardys supermarket where you can buy reasonable wine and spirits if required (we had struggled with this in Balangan)
The guys at Aleesha are only too happy to drop you off at the beach but taxis are for buttons also.
Personally we preferred the beach at the far end (away from the Hyatt end) but you can walk right along. The security guard was also very friendly.
Evie is a credit to the property and I would thoroughly recommend Aleesha villas.