“no atmosphere”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 January 2014

came here with a group of 5 to share some tapas and drinks.
two dishes stood out, tuna with strawberry dish and a fig wrapped in bacon dish, they were delish. the restaurant is strangely decorated with opulent looking sofas and chairs but with rustic pans on the wall. toilets were not working at all whilst we were there. there was no one else in the restaurant for most of the time we were there and it totally lacked atmosphere. its a shame because the food was good

2  Thank bossladyPerth

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I'm a huge Firefly/Serenity fan (google it) and also lived in Spain for 9 months teaching English at a shipyard, so when I saw this in the in-flight magazine on the way to Bali, I knew we had to go there.

The GOOD:
Amazing and authentic tapas - make this the center of your meal here. One is enough for two people to get a taste. Get a variety. Gorge yourself.

The BAD:
Weird decor. Painted like The Cordoba Mezquita, which is cool, but with too formal looking furniture. Also, the chairs looked like they'd been in a warehouse somewhere gathering dust.

Bland Paella. Bleh. Don't bother. Looks right, but gooey, and flavorless.

Sangria not authentic - I admit, I only have experience in Andalusia, but I never had Sangria in Spain that had other alcohols added, just wine and fruit. I didn't order one, but my friend thought hers was OK. I had a Mojito - it was fine.

Staff - Friendly, but trying too hard in general. We were one of only three tables that night, so that has something to do with it, I'm sure. But, they tried to upsell us on everything, and were a bit TOO attentive.

They clearly know they need help because we were given a sheet of paper with our bill and asked to give frank feedback. We did. Then they asked me to put my name on it! I gave a false name, of course.

Bottom line - definitely go for the amazing tapas, just be prepared for the things I mentioned.

2  Thank Robin H
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Has a wonderful tapas lunch.
The tapas were generous portions and very good.
Fresh ingredients and good presentation.
Staff was attentive but unobtrusive. Good job.
Will come back and recommend

2  Thank WorldTravelerBig
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This place is worth the visit just to take in the decor.

Service is very good and the staff are well trained (not common in Bali).

The tapas choices are very good and plentiful and everything we tried was excellent.

This is not a place to go to for a quick meal. Many of the main course items take time to cook, some up to an hour. Personally I felt that the choices of main courses was a little limited and lacking something. There are heaps of options for 2 or more people to share but single serve items could use some improvement.

The pineapple dessert was amazing and I would return just for this.

Beer needs to be a little colder.

1  Thank Whinnie
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I really like the food, the price also reasonable. But unfortunately i did't like the atmosphere, it's too formal

2  Thank lavender v