“Fun for the whole family”

Caraway Cooking Class
Ranked #3 of 10 Food & Drink in Sanur
More attraction details
Owner description: Caraway Bali Cooking Class is run by the owner, teacher. In a relaxed garden setting in Sanur you will enjoy the fun classes and the yummy food. Free transfers in Sanur will ease the budget.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I wanted my wife and little girl to enjoy and do something different in Bali. Decided to enrol the three of us for the cooking class.

Dewi was prompt and very accommodating in handling all requests I had. In addition, the pick up from the hotel was very efficient. The trip to the market was insightful and interesting. It was a good buildup for the cooking session itself.

Everything was done very professionally yet you never get the feeling that you are simply a guest. You are made to feel at home. Dewi and her team ensured this. My daughter had fun mixing batters and was involved in the entire cooking process. She was made to feel really at home. My wife learnt a thing or two as well.

For me, it was a wonderful opportunity to snap wonderful shots of Indonesian cuisine being cooked in a traditional home setting. A wonderful and never to be missed opportunity when in bali.

Book early and of course, make your requests for special dishes known to Dewi if u have any. She is sure to accommodate you.

I would love to go for another one the next time I visit Bali.

2  Thank izamh

Reviewed 7 June 2014

What can I say about Dewi and her team of cooks!!!
I had an awesome day from the time I was picked up till I was dropped back to my Villa.

The food was more them amazing and to see the little tricks of the trade to get the orginal indonesian flavour into the food was excellent. the chicken "ayam" dish tasted sooooo good it was worth the fourty minute drive to get there. I got the receipe for the peanut sauce and I have already cooked it for my family.

Take a half a day off from shopping, massages, drinking bintang and sitting at the beach and experience the other side of Bali. Dewi and her team will give you another side to your Bali trip that you will remember long after the copy t-shirts and watches have been forgotten about.

The cost to participate was very reasonable and the setting beautiful at Dewi's home. They use bottle water for all their food so there is not a problem about eating what you have cooked.

My only suggestion is we could have been offered a bintang or two with the meal but only a suggestion.

I had an excellent day Dewi and tell Joe she is beautiful ' chantik' from Chalky

2  Thank ggang5
Reviewed 6 June 2014

It was nice to do something different than shop or have massages. We enjoyed the day and Dewi was very pleasant.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you love food and like to cook,there is no better way to spend a morning,when enter this cooking school it's enchanting from the moment you walk in , dewi and her daughter and everybody is friendly.they show you how to blend the spices and all the ingredients to use ,not only that but you get eat this perfect food Also,with all the best local ingredients ,no cheap ingredients used .all I can say was it was amazing and I would recommend to all paula

Reviewed 15 May 2014

A fun way to spend time doing something a little different in Bali. :-)
I could have left the market tour, but thoroughly enjoyed to cooking class itself.