My wife and I have just come back from an 8 day stay at Bumi Ayu Bungalows. This is not our first stay here but the first we have been dissatisfied with. The hotel itself, the grounds, staff and rooms are well worth the asking price. The breakfast if included in price does become very monotonous same every day. The rooms are very clean with small, but new, flat screen tvs but no dvd to watch one of the cheap movies on a quiet night in. The fridge freezer is a small unit but keeps the Bintangs nice and cold. The pool is always well maintained and pleasant to sit around and make conversation with other guests. The beds are quite new and still firm and comfortable. If you would like your breakfast, lunch or dinner in your room or by the pool you only need to ask. These are the positives and most of the aspects of this hotel are positive the BIG NEGATIVE though is the luck of the draw as to which room you get. We stayed in room 37 which is one of a series of rooms running along a minor access road and living in the laundry complex on the opposite side of the road are several dogs which love to spend the night howling like wolves and then engage in full on vicious fighting with any other dog which may venture past. If you want sleep in these rooms ensure you are deaf or bring plenty of earplugs which don't really work because of the volume of these dogs. I came for a rest and went home extremely tired from a lack of sleep. What can be done about these dogs I don't know but I believe intending patrons should be made aware of what there in for. A substantial discount for one of these rooms on the $60AU we paid may be a good start. A tip for the cheapest BINTANGS in Sanur see Ketut at the little shop on the left at the very top of Bumi Ayu lane just before the main street and don't forget to buy her little boy who i named Maganum his favourite icecream a magnum. Oh the large bintang price 21900rp what a bargain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bumi Ayu Bungalows designed in a comfortable Balinese style which is surrounded by beautiful lush tropical gardens. This beach-front bungalow style hotel offers many great modern hotel features, including a large swimming pool with kiddies pool and Pondok Bar, Coffee Shop, and Kubu Restaurant serves up various yum-for-tongue cuisines for both breakfast, luncheon, and dinner.Bumi Ayu Bungalows rooms are designed in bungalow style. All rooms are fully air-conditioned & completed with private living room, IDD phone, refrigerator, safety deposit box, and satellite TV, while the bathroom is equipped with bathtub and shower with hot and cold running waters within.Facilities available: daily laundry and room services, postal service, money-changer, babysitting, medical facilities, parking area, lobby lounge, tour information, and the on-request transports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bumi Ayu Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bumi Ayu Bungalows Hotel Sanur
- Bumi Ayu Hotel
- Bumi Ayu Sanur
- Bumi Ayu Bungalows Bali/Sanur