Okay place. We booked this place because of the great reviews it has. Reading from other reviewers, it seems like this hotel is the best thing out there. I am travelling for one month total in Bali, in different hotels and, from my humble point of view, this hotel does not deserve the hype. The hotel is pretty old. When we arrived I asked if we were in the new section or old, the woman said the new section. Turns out we were in the old section. Near our room outside we could smell sewage, very strongly. While walking to our room the first time I noticed how incredibly dirty the large fish tank in the lounge area was. I could barely see the fishes inside. That left me wondering what else was being left out from hotel maintenance. We booked a "breakfast included" package, turns out we had a continental breakfast, which consisted of a piece of bread, and some fruits. Again, it's okay. But being a month in Bali we had the chance to try several hotels from all ranges and it was the first time we couldn't even have eggs with breakfast. Feral cats walk around the hotel, which sounds cool but this is Bali, where, on many occasions, I have noticed feral cats and dogs are infested with fleas and ticks. Maybe these ones were okay, but it's a gamble I'd rather not make. Also, and I write this with a light heart, this particular hotel caters to an older clientele. This means that by 7:30AM all the pool chairs are taken. Very nice people and I really enjoyed chatting with them, but if you're looking for a hipper place, look elsewhere. I feel that for $65 USD one can have much better in Bali. And if you can't find anything cheaper/better in Sanur you might as well just chose a different Balinese destination for your holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bumi Ayu Bungalows designed in a comfortable Balinese style which is surrounded by beautiful lush tropical gardens. This beach-front bungalow style hotel offers many great modern hotel features, including a large swimming pool with kiddies pool and Pondok Bar, Coffee Shop, and Kubu Restaurant serves up various yum-for-tongue cuisines for both breakfast, luncheon, and dinner.Bumi Ayu Bungalows rooms are designed in bungalow style. All rooms are fully air-conditioned & completed with private living room, IDD phone, refrigerator, safety deposit box, and satellite TV, while the bathroom is equipped with bathtub and shower with hot and cold running waters within.Facilities available: daily laundry and room services, postal service, money-changer, babysitting, medical facilities, parking area, lobby lounge, tour information, and the on-request transports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bumi Ayu Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bumi Ayu Bungalows Hotel Sanur
- Bumi Ayu Hotel
- Bumi Ayu Sanur
- Bumi Ayu Bungalows Bali/Sanur