The Bumi Ayu is a good hotel and good value but keep in mind what you are looking for in Sanur. If you are looking for beach access, I would recommend paying more to stay at a beach side property. It was difficult to get to the beach from the Bumi Ayu. It was about a 15 minute walk and the beaches catered to those staying at the beachside hotel. The hotel said it had a shuttle to the beach, but we never took it. The sign at the front said it left every two hours, if at all, and only one way. If you are looking for a hotel on the main shopping and dining route, this was a good location. Down an alley a few hundred yards from Tamblingan, the hotel was removed from the traffic noise and should have been quiet for sleeping except for barking dogs and a loud radio that played at all hours from some neighboring property.
As for other features, the breakfast was fine but not memorable. A continental breakfast was free and for a few additional rupiah you could add eggs or meat. The pool was sufficient but the pool bar was usually unattended and pool towels were hard to come by.
The room was spacious enough but spartan and a bit dark. The one air conditioner never seemed to quite cool the room. The bathroom had very poor ventilation and a faulty toilet.
We ended up staying for a late check out for which we were charged a half day rate which was reasonable. We were also able to rent a dvd player which was nice for my kids as we waited for a late flight. There is wireless by the pool and not in the rooms.
For US$70 a night this was a solid value for a family of four, but next time I would stay on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bumi Ayu Bungalows designed in a comfortable Balinese style which is surrounded by beautiful lush tropical gardens. This beach-front bungalow style hotel offers many great modern hotel features, including a large swimming pool with kiddies pool and Pondok Bar, Coffee Shop, and Kubu Restaurant serves up various yum-for-tongue cuisines for both breakfast, luncheon, and dinner.Bumi Ayu Bungalows rooms are designed in bungalow style. All rooms are fully air-conditioned & completed with private living room, IDD phone, refrigerator, safety deposit box, and satellite TV, while the bathroom is equipped with bathtub and shower with hot and cold running waters within.Facilities available: daily laundry and room services, postal service, money-changer, babysitting, medical facilities, parking area, lobby lounge, tour information, and the on-request transports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bumi Ayu Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bumi Ayu Bungalows Hotel Sanur
- Bumi Ayu Hotel
- Bumi Ayu Sanur
- Bumi Ayu Bungalows Bali/Sanur