“Efficient, reliable, honest service”
Review of Gili Cat Fast Boat

Gili Cat Fast Boat
Ranked #20 of 78 things to do in Sanur
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Flawless transport to and from location (they picked us up in Sanur to Padang Bay where we boarded for Gili T. Return to Jimbaran, all without a fuss).
The boats are safe guys! Naturally there is lots of wiggling, which is only normal on a fast boat. However, please take this into consideration if you suffer from sea sickness.
The boats can be late (and in fact they were late each way) but that's only unavoidable.
Flawless online booking, and pick up reminder the eve before.
Strongly recommend it!

in 38 reviews
"transport"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was very pleased with the service we received with these guys, they where friendly, on time and did exactly what they said they would, no hassle journey too and from plus arranged both our taxis too and from our beginning and end locations, no fuss, no hassle. Will definitely used again, hopefully soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

At first we were confused and overwhelmed with so many options of fas boat from/to GILI/BALI. My hubby and I with a close friend finally went from Gili back to Bali on the 8h of June afternoon with GILI GETAWAY BOAT. Our online booking was responded so quickly and nicely by Mahyudin. And another fun friendly chap called SOUL took care of us our boarding on the trip. He was so sweet to give me seasick pill prior to the trip and a space on top of the boat so I won't feel ill (again, like I had in the full-approx-90-passangers-loaded Semaya from Bali to Gili).
Not only that I felt absolutely fine during the trip, but it was SO FAST (just 1hour-50 min total), safe, and fun! And yes, STRAIGHT to SERANGAN as promised, thanks a ton SOUL! You're cool. Three of us enjoyed the whole view during the ride (an Indian couple next to us even slept and cuddled so peacefully and romantically like nothing, haha, so nice!) with other Slovenian couple on top we laughed at how soaked we were towards the end of the ride as the boat was jiggling with the waves and we had a real sea splash on all of our bodies, but it was only like 30-35 mins to the end. And yes, STRAIGHT TO SERANGAN, yes as promised! Thanks SOUL! :)
The post boat ride service was excellent, the staff were friendly and attentive, we were taken directly with no fuss to the airport with a nice aircon car. Our friend Ksenia was even an hour earlier than her scheduled time of arrival at the airport. Neatly organized, safe, and fun, and most importantly, no seasick! Will def use it again next time. We prefer to pay much but that 650rb is worth every penny! Thanks GILI GETAWAY!
Kathy & Joel

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Thank you Gili Cat.... I would definitely travel with this company again...
After misplacing my camera on the transfer bus, an email the next morning my camera was returned that afternoon to our villa..
Thank you so much Gili cat for your great service and return of my priceless pictures...

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 June 2014

When a friend and I visited Bali in May, we decided to go to Gili Trawangan for two nights. There's seemingly a multitude of options to get between the two islands. For fast boats, we found Gili Cat to be one of the easiest to deal with simply because they had an online booking engine that was quite easy to use where other fast boat providers did not. The staff was also quite attentive at reminders and reconfirmations which was reassuring.

We booked the Gili Cat one-way from Gili Trawangan back to Bali. Boat was slightly late from its scheduled departure time (not a big deal). First impressions of the boat (Gili Cat II) was that it was modern enough, but slightly less roomy than we were expecting. Seating was on benches which were not the most comfortable in the world and definitely less comfortable than the other boat we took from Bali to Gili Trawangan with another service provider.

The journey was fine until about the halfway point when the boat started to list to the left a little bit. I assume it was because of the angle of the waves we were encountering on the crossing. That only lasted about 15 minutes but it was definitely not a comfortable experience.

Upon arrival in Padang Bai harbor we were whisked away to Ubud with the complimentary transfer service which was fantastic. The free transfer service is a great value-add and makes life a lot easier when planning a trip to Bali and Gili Trawangan.

In short, Gili Cat was good. It may not have been the most comfortable of journeys but it did provide us the least amount of hassle to book and plan and it did get us from point A to point B without too many hiccups.