“Looking for a hotel after flight delay, this exceeded our expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Taksu Sanur Hotel

Taksu Sanur Hotel
Ranked #10 of 76 Hotels in Sanur
Mandurah, Australia
“Looking for a hotel after flight delay, this exceeded our expectations”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We were somewhat disillusioned with our previous hotels, the Puri Sentrian and most recently the Prama Sanur Beach. I mention both these two hotels to illustrate the extra star rating we were comparing this hotel with. On street view, we almost didn't go and look, but we weren't doing anything else so got over our initial unfortunate impression. So glad we did. No problem at all to show us the rooms, very pleasant staff. Great rooms, smallish but clean well designed infinity pool and pleasant staff. All for well under half what we have paid in both the former hotels. Bravo!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank womblewa
TAKSU_SANUR, Manager at Taksu Sanur Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Womblewa,

Taksu Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Originally I was booked to stay elsewhere but after two nights I realized it was not the place for me a solo traveller. Fortunately I received a refund for the balance of my stay there so I immediately went online to see where I could move to and as luck would have it I got an excellent rate at the new Taksu Sanur Hotel. From the moment I walked into the reception I knew I had made a good choice ... I was upgraded to a Junior Suite #413 on the 4th floor all 45 sq of luxury with everything sparkling new and working to perfection. Great service, super nice staff, huge balcony, good location for my needs, and I couldn't not find a single fault. And the bed and pillows are the best I have ever slept on in Bali and I am a very frequent traveller ... all in all I thoroughly enjoyed my 8 nights stay at the Taksu.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor in a corner Junior Suite on the west side and it was very quite.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank carofire
Dear Carofire,

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was here for one night on my way to Amed.

LOCATION:
+ Near a variety of restaurants
+ Short walk to beach

ROOM & SERVICES:
+ Spacious room
+ Good water pressure and temperature in shower
+ Fast Wi-fi
+ toothpaste is provided (which is rare)

The only CON is that breakfast is not included, which is usually included in hotels in this price range in Bali.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank D C
Dear D C,

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 24 May 2014

As a regular traveller to Sanur I generally stay at the same place, however thought I would try this new hotel. I was not disappointed. We stayed in a junior suite, the room is very large and very clean. Comfortable bed, balcony over looking the pool, great shower, cold air conditioning and fast wi fi. Close to all the good eateries and minutes from the beach. The restaurant in house has good food and the staff are very welcoming.All this at a very good price. Hard to fault it. Will definitely stay again and again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Valerie F
Dear Valerie F,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed in the two-bedroom suite this time, and it did not disappoint. Clean and huge rooms, comfy beds, and this time chairs and a table in the balcony. There was initially no drying rack so I hung swimsuits on the balcony chairs, but the attentive staff noticed and brought in a drying rack. That was a really nice touch.

Check in and payment was quick and easy. The staff was always friendly and helpful.

Booking and deposit payment was a bit of a pain; I had to email back and forth to get my room confirmed, to find out how to pay the deposit (funny that they have no PayPal and expected me to transfer to an Indonesian bank account, which would have cost me $25. The alternative is to pay through their website, which charges full amount only instead of just the deposit. Or send them an unsecured Microsoft Word form with my credit card details on it, no way!). In the end we managed to work it out. But seriously, guys, get PayPal. This whole thing prevented me from giving you a five-star rating.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank irenenevada
Dear Irenenevada,

Warmest greetings from Taksu Sanur Hotel...

Thank you very much for sharing your comment on Trip advisor,

We are happy that you found your stay with us up to your expectations. and deeply regret for your dissatisfaction about the payment deposit process. Since at this moment we unable to process the payment by pay-pal, we only receive the deposit by bank transfer or SOF payment.
however, thank you very much for your suggest and we will keep trying to upgrade this service near future.

once again thank you very much for your comment and hopefully we have other opportunity to welcoming you back at Taksu Sanur Hotel.

Best Regard,
Timaru, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Had a junior suite for 10 nights, large rooms, clean. Friendly staff, nice pool. Close to beach, shops, restaurants. Plenty of taxis around, just step outside and grab one. No bedside clocks, but I guess you're on Bali time! lol. No facecloths either, but toothbrushes and toothpaste provided, as well as bottled water. The only alcohol served there is beer, but plenty of bars and restaurants easy walking distance. They do serve breakfast, lunch and dinner but seem to only advertise breakfast. Overall really happy with Taksu and would recommend to others.

Room Tip: Junior suite has two bedrooms both with king beds and ensuites, balcony. Never heard any noise from...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Balibum2014
Dear Balibum 2014,

Thank you for this wonderful review of your recent stay with us. We are happy that you found your stay with us up to your expectations. We will always keep trying to upgrade our service for all of our guest satisfaction.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wife and I originally planned to stay 3 days in the junior suite (with a balcony) at Taksu Sanur but ended up extending it to 5 days. We were really impressed by the cleanliness, tranquility, and design. Despite the fact that the surrounding area (Sanur) seemed old and dingy (e.g. a random pile of garbage on the sideways), once in the premises, we could only see the courtyards, which were really nice. The pool was nice (a bit small) but there's usually only a few (if any) people in it. The room was really spacious, open concept, well-lit, and clean.

Customer service is really good (mostly everyone seems genuinely really happy) and they offer driving services at competitive rates. The staff even left a rabbit made out of towels on Easter! There's also an area with computers in the reception area, together with pamphlets for activities (mind you, they also play theme music from there, which can get quite repetitive if you're there for longer than 5 minutes...). That said, you could arrive at Taksu without a computer and an idea of what you want to do and you'd be able to figure it out (which described us perfectly!).

The only area for improvement would be Taksu's menu. Although we are both vegetarians and so the menu would naturally be restricted, it didn't seem like the carnivorous menus were any broader or better. Fortunately, however, Warung Blanjong is next door (30 second walk) and its menu is broader (even for vegetarians/vegans!), cheaper, and with many more local Balinese options. Until Taksu improves their menu (which they seemed to be doing with the renovation of their restaurant), Warung Blanjong is the better option!

Room Tip: Try to ensure you get an inward facing room; the rooms on the east side face outwards!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CalebDewey
Dear CalebDewey,

Thank you very much for your suggestion and we will always trying to upgrade our service especially for our restaurant menu.