“Good Little Hotel”
Review of Taksu Sanur Hotel

Taksu Sanur Hotel
Ranked #12 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Lovely clean Hotel with friendly & helpful staff. Quite simple but well appointed rooms with pleasing decor. You can have breakfast for AUD $6.60 in restaurant by the pool - again spotless. Pool very clean. Ms Wei (Manager) is lovely and on to it !

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicaboo
TAKSU_SANUR, General Manager at Taksu Sanur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Nicaboo

Warmest greeting from Taksu Sanur Hotel a Homey hotel at Sanur

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your experience with others. I am very pleased to read that you appreciated our facilities , service , room and staff was delight .
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Taksu sanur Hotel.
Best Reagards

There are newer reviews for Taksu Sanur Hotel

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed at Taksu for 12 nights with my wife and 2 kids in a junior suite last month, and it was awesome. It is conveniently located in lovely Sanur, the room was spacious and spotlessly clean, the pool area was beautiful, the facilities were excellent, and the staff were out of this world. Friendly and hugely obliging, nothing was too much trouble and we were just blown away by the happy vibe that existed at the hotel. Don't know what else to say, except that we will be return visitors for sure, and would reccomend Taksu to anyone staying in Sanur. Huge thumbs up!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank barneymcgrew35

Dear Barneymcgrew 35

Greetings from Taksu Sanur Hotel the Homey hotel at Sanur.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and taking the time to post a wonderful comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to know that you had a most memorable Taksu Sanur Hotel experience recently and that you enjoyed theHotel with its facilities and services provided

Certainly, we look forward to welcome you back soon for another wonderful stay as the previous one.
best Reagards

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I love Sanur in Bali.

This was to be my 29th trip to the island paradise.

On previous trips, I had spent many an early walk which took me down Jalan Sudamala past the very new 'Taksu Hotel'. In fact, I had spent a good deal of my Sanur trips frequenting one of my favourite restaurants, 'The Fortune Cookie' - right next door to Taksu.

So, I made a booking - and right from this time, the staff couldn’t have been more helpful. I had some personal hiccups with my travel plans, because I wanted to spend some time on Lombok, and Taksu's executive, Widi was an absolute delight to help me with my change of plans.

After a few delightful days and nights on Lombok, my (nearly) three weeks at Sanur's Taksu became a reality

My stay was to be perfect ... a home-away-from-home!

My holiday had been fully realised. My room on the fourth floor was spacious, well-serviced and my balcony looked right over the infinity pool.

The daily greeting from all staff was warm and inviting.

I have a passion for Bali, and in particular the serenity and relaxation that is Sanur.

Thanks to my all new-found friends at this tranquil and pleasant new establishment - definitely my point-of-call for my 30th excursion to the 'Island of the Gods'.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PerthSharpshooter

Dear Perthsharpshooter

Thank you for staying with us at Taksu Sanur Hotel and we kindly appreciate your fabulous feedback on Trip Advisor. The team and I are extremely proud to see our efforts well rewarded and your time as well as your energy into posting such review should also be very valuable for our readers all over the world.

I would like to thank you for your encouraging comments on our Hotel. Thank you also for highlighting that the hotel is great for holiday. The team will be indeed grateful to read your comments as well.

Once again, thank you for sharing your point of view with our readers and we look forward to welcoming you back again to Taksu sanur Hotel.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Five night stay. The staff, especially the manager named Ms. Mei, were fantastic. This place is immaculately clean in all areas. My mother would love it! The pool is perfect for swimming laps early in the day and is very long. The location is nice if you do not demand a beachside hotel. It is near many nice places to eat for tourists as well as a top-notch local "Warung" out the hotel entrance away from the sea to the crossroad on the left opposite side of the road with the word "Jawa" in it (next to one that says "Muslim"). You can buy fresh fruit, water and beer at local prices across from the hotel entrance at the little shop. Enjoy them on your hotel balcony (jr. suite and above). The breakfast is hygenic but not nearly as interesting as Warung food. It is best to get a room that faces the inside of the hotel (pool) rather than the street. Keep in mind that they use "dynamic pricing" so the price will vary by availability. You can follow the price on the major sites.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
TAKSU_SANUR, General Manager at Taksu Sanur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Mr. Chris A

Warmest greeting from Taksu sanur Hotel, a Homey Hotel at Sanur

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you very much for staying with us and writing about your experience and sharing it with others through TripAdvisor. I am very glad to read that you were able to enjoy the services , the peaceful surroundings our hotel as well as the ambience at our Hotel. I am also very happy to read that the staff was very personable, accommodating and you enjoyed the location of the hotel with shops and restaurants nearby I will definitely share to Mei your great comment to her . Your feedback towards the staff is most appreciated and has already been addressed with the department concerned.

We all thank you very much for your kind attention and look forward to welcoming you back to Taksu Sanur Hotel soon.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Very welcoming and professional staff, clean, modern and has a nice pool. We got a great price through booking.com

Only stayed one night but easily found some great restaurants and shops nearby. Not far to walk to the beach.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Kate B

Warmest greeting from Taksu Sanur Hotel , a Homey hotel at sanur.

Thanking you for the review which posted on Trip Advisor in regards of our Hotel.

We do appreciate your kind feedback which mention that our Staff were delight, pool was lovely and you enjoyed the location of the hotel with shops and restaurants nearby also walking distance to the beach . I appreciate your honest comments very much.
In closing, again thank you and allow us to have another chance in welcome you back to our Hotel for your next visit to Bali.
Sincerely yours

Reviewed 14 August 2014

My wife and I booked an initial 8 nights in a junior suite at the Taksu hotel, but were so impressed extended our stay to 14 nights, the last 6 of which were in a Studio suite (free upgrade)
We were made to feel very welcome throughout our stay, beginning with a welcome drink on arrival and a warm greeting by ALL staff each time we saw them. Special thanks to Mei, Ayu and Wayu at reception who spoke excellent English and were extremely friendly always greeting us by name.
Would we recommend the hotel? - Definitely Already planning another visit next year

Pros:
• Hotel is quite new and reasonably priced, and rooms were spacious, nicely decorated, light and clean (see note re shower tiles in Cons).
• Rooms were equipped with Safety Deposit Box, tea/coffee making facilities, mini bar etc, together with good aircon, comfortable beds, block-out curtains and flat screen cable TV with good selection of English channels. 2 complimentary bottles of water were also provided each day
• Balcony with table and two chairs was great to relax on; definitely worth paying a bit more for this facility.
• Shower was large and had good pressure and continuous hot water.
• Breakfast (an additional 66,000 Rp per person) was adequate with an egg station, and buffet selection of sausages, fries, rice, noodle and veges ( varied a bit each day) together with fruit juices (not the real stuff) coffee, croissants, bread rolls and toast.
• The pool was a decent size and very clean (see additional notes on pool in "Cons" comments below)
• Pool surrounds and gardens etc very well kept and attractive.
• Numerous restaurants/warungs to choose from within easy walking distance along Jl Cemara and Jl Danau Tamblingan and the beach front promenade.
• Beach itself is a 10-15 minute casual walk from the hotel.

Cons:
• WIFI reception was intermittent and very slow in our 2nd room. Two visits by hotel IT man failed to help.
• The studio suite we were upgraded to for the last 6 days (room 208) did not have a view of the pool (only an unattractive concreted area). I think we may have drawn the short straw as all the others on the same side of the building looked right down on the pool.
• Grout in shower tiles in one of our rooms was quite dirty and in need of a good scrub
• While we never had a problem getting a deck chair at the pool, there were only 10 available and we did see some guests having to lay out towels on the timber deck.
• The kids pool was very small and not directly adjacent to the main pool, or clearly visible from the deck proper

Tips:
• Ask for a room with a pool view
• Not sure a studio suite is worth paying extra for But would definitely recommend the junior suites
• for a breakfast alternative try the Gardenia Cafe (head down road towards beach and follow the road around to the right at the Sudamala Suites at "T" intersection). The Gardenia is about 200 metres along on the right.

Dianne & Andrew Beechey

Room Tip: Ask for a room with pool view. Avoid room 208 (Studio Suite)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yotsmn

Dear Yotsmn

warmest greeting from Taksu sanur Hotel, a homey hotel at Sanur

On behalf of Management and all staff , I would like to express our gratitude for writing such lovely review for all of our facilities especially our staff , I will definitely share your great comment to Ayu, Mei & Wayu . Thank you for recommending our Hotel to your friend and family. Once again thank you for your kind attention and we will be more than happy to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My Mother and I recently stayed at Taksu and did really enjoy our stay there. It's only about 10 mins walk to the beach and there are plenty of restaurants near by, we preferred the strip that was after you turned right out of the entrance to the hotel then left again, plenty of restaurants down that street and not as much traffic. Although I don't want to say we had a favourite restaurant because every meal was lovely, we ate at the Red Manna twice, Mum loved the deserts! There is not a lot of diversity in shopping in Sanur but enough if that is not the main reason you are there. It is also easy to catch a taxi into Kuta. There is also another strip if you walk up past the Hyatt (now closed for renovations) this is a good half hour walk to get there though and then you can spend another hour or so wandering around more shops (same same) and restaurants. The beach is really nice and plenty of water sports although it was too windy whilst we were there to truly enjoy. There was only a few downfalls with the hotel, firstly was that there are no rooms with twin beds and a balcony, felt a bit discriminated against there. The only place to go and sit outside, Mum likes air con and I like fresh air, was by the pool and, whilst not the hotels fault it was too windy and there are not many sun lounges and some guests decide to "own" some by putting their towels and books on lounges and not returning for several hours. There has been plenty of comments about the poor breakfast and yes it was very simple but I am fine with an omelette, toast and juice every morning for $6. The rooms were fine, new, clean and comfortable and I just have to say that a balcony would have just been perfect. The staff were also fantastic, special mention to Agus who checked us in late and whenever he was on (which was always late) he sought us out to say hello and organised a special treat for my mothers birthday! Would definitely recommend Taksur for a short stay and if you don't need a balcony!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kazbah67

Dear Kazbah 67

Warmest greeting from Taksu Sanur Hotel , a Homey hotel at sanur.

We do appreciate your kind feedback which mention that our Staff were delight,clean lines and you enjoyed the location of the hotel with shops and restaurants nearby. I appreciate very much your honest comments .
especially to Agus , I will definitely share to him your great comment