“Won't stay here again”

Besakih Beach Hotel
Ranked #44 of 82 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Having spent 3 nights at the Mercure last week, I was keen to return but it was full. During my Mercure stay, I'd gone for a walk along the beach path and thought the Besakih looked quite nice from the beach and it certainly looked OK on the website..so this morning I decided to make a booking prior to my return to Sanur and I'm so glad I only booked one night! No complaints to make about the staff, but the room is awful for the price! If you like your paint peeling from the walls and ceilings and the faint smell of sewage whenever you flush the toilet, then you won't mind parting with your $100..If you like watching TV, then the old 14" has poor reception (thankfully, I don't care too much for TV)...I'm yet to sleep in the bed, but it doesn't feel too comfy..Aircon and fridge work great...Overall, the place is tired and rundown and if I'd only paid $30 I'd not be complaining....but it's an absolute joke at $100!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank keduf

Reviewed 1 March 2014

From the moment you arrive you will we looked after until the day you leave, Besakih resort location is perfect right on sanur beach.You are ideally close to all cafes and shopping.I travelled with my 2 nieces for 10 days . I cannot say enough about the wonderful staff, all staff at Besakih are friendly and happy,but I must praise agung (pool bar) for making our time around the pool so wonderful.The reception staff were also so helpful to me for everything. They helped me with making phone calls ,organising transport, helping with my money conversion .Thankyou to everyone at besaki for making our holiday such a wonderful time.Will be back soon !

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank rainbowkid
Reviewed 5 February 2014

we were part of a group of 9 people who stayed here for 5 nights in November last year. the best feature of the hotel is its beachside location and its also near shops and restaurants. On the down side there are no toiletries or bottled water provided. also the breakfast buffet was very limited - fruit, pancakes, juice and pasteries. you could order eggs and baconbut there was no menu so after a few days we got more creative ordering toasted croisants for example. regulars bought their own cereal. the whole place has a run down feel. i think its over priced

Room Tip: we had a bungalow which was roomy
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mark989898
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have recently returned from a 2 week stay at Besakih Beach Resort & am happy to stay that it only gets better, whilst this is not a 5 star resort it has the most friendly staff, clean rooms in the middle of Sanur with easy access to all that you require. It is a pleasure to return there in the knowledge that friendly competent staff will there to greet me as I return.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Tom F
Reviewed 15 January 2014

we booked into this hotel at last minute and we loved it, rooms were clean, breakfast was good and service was good. the gardens and pool were well maintained and staff were all friendly. the location was great, close to good restaurants and shopping

Room Tip: a room that is located in the garden would be good, probably a bit more private
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Steve F
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This is a nice hotel. Needs a bit renovating.It was the rainy season and it dripped out so it was a puddle on the floor. The breakfast could have been a little better. The staff were very nice. Position along the beach was wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sollenkroka
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Only thing Besakih really has going for it is the location being beachfront. We stayed in room 289 which was at the back near the road, extremely noisy room of an evening, noise coming from traffic & music from bars......avoid rooms near road!
Tried their restaurant for breakfast once & lunch once, both times very disappointing, food is disgusting. Much better options for dining close by.
Housekeeping staff were friendly however staff in restaurant had an 'I don't care' attitude.
The pool was in poor condition, water was not clean & in desperate need of acid, did not swim in it as it wasn't safe to do so.
For over $100 per night it was a disgrace! Better value can be had elsewhere in Sanur.
We live in Bali & visit Sanur a lot but won't be going back to Besakih unless they clean up their act.
Not pleased at all!