“Perfect place to end our Indonesian trip”

Prama Sanur Beach Bali
Ranked #21 of 76 Hotels in Sanur
Newport, Rhode Island
“Perfect place to end our Indonesian trip”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

After hectic sightseeing of Jakarta, Jogja and Ubud, we arrived at Hotel Sanur Beach - it was the perfect last stop. The Hotel, while not new, is well-maintained. The staff, especially the guest relations officers were very nice & helpful - I dealt with females; the male staff at the front desk and concierge were not as friendly. Our room was on the 4th floor, the top floor, and had a beautiful view of the swimming pool, the outdoor theater where they perform Balinese dances and the beach. Our bed was very comfortable, and the room had ample space. There was a safety deposit box en suite which was very convenient. The bathroom was also spacious with strong water pressure and hot water. We had a small balcony where we sat in the evenings enjoying the cool breeze. There was a good mix of guests, couples of all ages and families with children. We enjoyed the daily breakfast they served as it offered a lot of choices of Western dishes (pancakes, a variety of breads, danish, cold cuts, potatoes, grilled tomatoes, bacon, sausages, made to order omelettes, fried, hard-boiled, poached, soft-boiled eggs, cereals) and nase goreng (Indonesian fried rice). Fresh fruit in season was also plentiful. I found the Indonesian breakfast buffet at other hotels we stayed at more like lunch or dinner fare. The hotel has numerous loungers along the beach and at the 2 pool areas where guests can sunbathe. The sand is a bit sharp so be careful walking barefoot but with footwear, its ok. We walked along the stretch of the beach and passed small shops, beach-side cafes and cafes of other hotels. On the way back, we walked on the street lined with souvenir shops, restaurants, bars, money-changers. Beware of those who offer high exchange rates, these money-changers have magician's hands - the one I went to counted the rupiah and laid on them on the table, I picked them up and counted them myself, the amount was correct, then he got the money again from me and counted it and handed it back to me. Good thing I counted it again, it was now short a million IDR! I had my eyes on the money the whole time but I didn't see him take 1 of the notes. I ended up taking my dollars back since this guy couldn't be trusted. The free shuttle from hotel to Hardies (dept store/grocery) leaves every hour on the dot. So be there a few minutes before the hour so you don't miss it. We will definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Request for a non-smoking room facing the beach.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (547)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
sydney
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Our first visit to the hotel was in February 2011 and we had no hesitation in returning for 10 days in September 2011.

In February there seemed to be an older clientele, many of whom were from Europe. This time however, there was a different atmosphere with a greater mix of nationalities and age groups.

We stayed in a deluxe pool view room on the fourth floor which suited us very well.

The food at breakfast was very good. We also enjoyed the Mongolian Barbecue night which included entertainment. It was excellent and very good value. We also enjoyed the ambiance of the bamboo bar near the beach. Staff were friendly and helpful.

The hotel provides a free shuttle service to the local Hardies department store however there are many smaller shops close by.

The only negative comment I have is that the tiles surrounding the pool are very slippery when wet, even when wearing shoes, so be careful of your footing.

We look forward to returning to Sanur Beach Hotel again next year.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SanMicAus
Reviewed 10 September 2011

4th visit 2 this hotel, great location very friendly staff we'll be back!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Richard D
South Australia
Reviewed 29 August 2011

The hotel was wonderful. Great helpful staff and wonderful food in the restaurant. The omelettes for breakfast were the best! We hired bikes from the resort and rode along the shoreline - a definite must! The hotel is in walking distance to a multitude of fabulous restaurants.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank philnsonja
Perth Western Australia
Reviewed 28 August 2011

This hotel was exactly what I expected. It is an old hotel that has had enough refurbishment to keep it comfortable. It's not 5 star, it doesn't clam to be, and should not be compared to that level. My room on the ground floor was really noisy it was pretty much in the main corridor. Staff were happy to accommodate a move to a quiet room, no problem at all. So if you book, request a room that is not at the front or ground floor. The breakfast was amazing, endless and with everything you could possibly want. There are plenty of restaurants near by, all within walking distance and great value. Good hotel for a relaxing get away, nice beach, good pool area. The need to produce a pool card for a towel is a bit annoying but a minor thing. If you are with children be careful to make sure they dry off before going into the hotel as the tiled floors are really slippery when wet! Overall if you want a realistically priced comfortable place to stay and enjoy the quieter parts of Bali give this place a try.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Tatung01
Jakarta
Reviewed 27 August 2011

This is my 2nd time in this hotel, the first was in 2003, and I came back because I am seeking a relaxing and quality getaway from the hustle-bustle of Jakarta.
The hotel is quite the same, only if you are in the room you will notice the renovation, all are now in the best condition. The seaview rooms are the best rooms, with flat teve, new decor and bed linen too. This is a hotel where people can find a very relaxing and tranquil beach, perfect for my short getaway. Restaurant is very good, I am a vegetarian and the chef promptly served my own menu, fabulous! I has also direct view to the beach and blue sky and sea. Breakfast is healthy with lots of cereal, muesli, fresh milk, yummy mango yogurt, exactly like I wanted.
I also rode bike along the beach and have a nice swim at pools.
I would recommend anybody who wants a relaxing vocation to this superb hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 26 August 2011

This hotel is currently undergoing a major change in everything... rooms are being upgraded, facilities too, food is changing and wonderful. Staff are, as they always have been, absolutely fabulous. We were impressed at the upgrades already undertaken and there will be more. Fabulous place, quiet and yet on the beach... best pool in Bali... near restaurants yet the hotel ones are great too. Cannot recommend highly enough.
I am a Mac user and can't get into the details but I would rate them all as excellent.

Room Tip: I personally don't like hotels much so we stay in a suite or in the Wisnu wing or overlooking po...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Diane M
Terimakasih_HSB, Public Relations Manager at Prama Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this review, 5 September 2011
Sunny greetings from Aerowisata Sanur Beach Hotel - Bali...

We thank you very much for taking your time to write about us, as it is through our guest experience / comments that we can improve our services towards all our guests. We look into all comments & suggestions very seriously and are pleased to advise that we are indeed upgrading all the Hotels facilities and amenities, not to the extent of any disruption though, on the contrary new fixtures / equipment are simply being placed in, replacing the older ones.

More nice surprises to come... with a 'new' management approach and a team that listens, we are here to serve our guests better!

Cordially yours,