It was our first time at a Resort Hotel so I have nothing to compare it to. This first experience was perfect.
We stayed at the Sanur Beach Hotel for a week. Upon arrival we were immediately met by warm and friendly staff who treated us like royalty.
1. Excellent location to the ocean. When they say “Beach Hotel”, they really meant it. The only thing separating the hotel compound and the ocean was a walking path.
2. It was much larger than expected. Two large swimming pools, tennis courts, many gardens, four restaurants and even a play room for children.
3. The rooms were large with a reasonably sized balcony/w table and chairs which overlooked the garden. Some rooms overlooked the swimming area and restaurants.
4. A well-stocked mini bar with inexpensive prices (in CAD: Pop and Beer - $2, Peanuts - $1.50, Chocolate Bars - $2, etc.). Two large complimentary bottles of water each day. You will need this as Bali is very hot.
5. Adjustable shower head for the tall people. The highest point would be around 6.5ft. Our room only had a shower, which we were fine with. There are some rooms with bath/shower combination but I believe they are in the Suites. I notice that some reviews indicated that the bathroom was small. I did not find this the case at all.
6. Best buffet breakfast/brunch ever. Incredible selection from American style to local fare. I found with the layout, even during the busy times, there were reasonable amount of space to move around and get what you need.
7. I couldn’t say enough about the friendly service. From the servers, doormen, front desk to housekeeping. During our departure a housekeeping staff was down the hall in preparation to clean a room. By the fact, that we had suitcases he knew we were leaving. He did not hesitate to come over to say good-bye.
8. Large closet with lots of shelving for clothes.
9. Four restaurants: The Tirta Poolside is an open-air restaurant that is used for the breakfast buffet. There’s nothing like having breakfast with the ocean beside you.
Basilico Italian Pavilion & Bar - We had our first evening meal here and it was excellent. Large portions of Calzone and Lasagna, wine and beer for around $35. This same meal in my hometown would have been double in price.
We never made it to the other two restaurants so I could not comment on them.
10. If you are on a budget, there are many small local restaurants along the ocean if you take the walking path in either direction of the hotel. A good size meal will run about $5 to $7.
11. Even though Hardy’s is close enough to walk, there is a complimentary bus that will take you there.
12. Free WiFi and working fine.
13. The electrical system maybe a bit tricky. In order to turn the lights on and bring power into the room, you need to insert your hotel card into a box located right beside the door. However, you can still charge any batteries overnight (cellphone, camera, etc). Leave the card in the box and switch the light off by the main controls located beside the bed. As some may find this a negative, I look it as a positive. This conservation energy saving technique prevents people from leaving the lights on in their room when they are not there.
14. A bank in the hotel for those who want to make change to smaller bills (only open from Mon to Fri). There is a MoneyExchanger right by the entrance however, they will not exchange for smaller bills. We came across this issue as we needed some smaller bills for tipping. Since we arrived in the evening, we felt bad for not having any money to leave our baggage handler. There is also an ATM at the entrance of the road leading to the hotel. Located on the right-hand side immediately after the security gate when leaving the hotel.
If I was to return Bali, I would stay here again. I was disappointed in reading some reviews who have this place at a one or two star rating. It's too bad the emphasis was placed in small negative details as to overall experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming 5 star Hotel, with two large pools located right by the beach. Magnificent lush gardens and Hotel grounds with ample choice of restaurants & shops in Resort as well as just a stroll away.Suitable for the entire family from kids to grandpa... Just 20 minutes from the International airport. There is so much activity and things to do in lovely Sanur, the preferred address in Bali. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Prama Sanur Beach Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Hotel Sanur
- Beach Sanur
- Prama Sanur Beach Bali