“Robert M good location”

Ranked #22 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Perth, Australia
“Robert M good location”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My wife an I stayed 9 nights here in march 2014 and every thing you need is right at your finger tips great swimming pools (2),clean beach and restaurants in the resort and a short walk out of the resort to many more restaurants and money changer .The resort has a shuttle service every 20 minutes to hardys supermarket up the main street .The rooms are a bit tired but they have good facilities ,clean and the staff are excellent in all of the resort areas.This was our second time at the resort and will be back again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert M
Stefan M, General Manager at Prama Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Mr. Robert
Thank you for the time taken to comment on your previous stay at our hotel.
We are pleased to see that you have enjoyed our facilities and services provided. We have also taken note of those areas where we still can improve and will take the necessary steps accordingly.
We are looking forward to see you again. Please feel free to contact me at anytime, if I can be of any assistance.
stefan.mueller@aerowisatahotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We have just returned from 10 days at the Sanur Beach Hotel, and were thoroughly pleased with our decision to stay here. The hotel is large, but there is a friendly hands-on feel about the hotel. The decor in our room was a little dated, but despite this, the room was large and well maintained. The bathroom showed some signs of wear and we had maintenance attend our toilet on two occasions, but the problem was quickly resolved with a minimum of fuss. The grounds are beautiful and our room overlooked the tennis courts. The swimming pools need some scrubbing, but considering the size of the pools and the numbers using them, I can well understand this could be a problem. The gym is a fantastic bonus in this hotel. It's clean, well equipped and there is a sauna in both the female and male change rooms. The towel kiosk also offers bicycle hire and tennis racket hire. We totally enjoyed our stay at the Sanur Beach Hotel and look forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: The pool view rooms have bigger balconies
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chrisPerth_Australia
Dear Sir / Madame
Warm greetings from Aerowisata Sanur Beach Bali Resort and Spa Retreat.
Thank you for the recent comments you made while having stayed at our property.
We are delighted to see that you have enjoyed our facilities and services provided.
Our staff and I are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Should there be anything else I can assist you with in the meantime, do not hesitate to contact me personally.
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights just as the temperatures began to soar. The air-con is brilliant! This hotel faces onto a beautiful stretch of beach with all the amenities you would expect. It is surrounded by lush tropical gardens, obviously lovingly tended. The rooms, while maybe a little "tired" looking, were very comfortable and clean, as were all the public areas. One negative point - although there were lifts to the rooms, there were stairs to negotiate in and out of the hotel and to the bar and restaurants. Not really wheelchair friendly in places.
The food was always excellent. Breakfast was very plentiful and varied, with a wide choice of both western and Indonesian options. There is a restaurant serving only Balinese/Indonesian dishes which is excellent, and the bar has a good range of snacks in the form of Tapas at very reasonable prices. I was also pleased to attend a "Balinese Night" dinner with a large buffet menu and traditional Balinese live music and dancing. Excellent!
At all times the staff were helpful and attentive, and I was made to feel very welcome. I would go to this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Christopher O
Stefan M, General Manager at Prama Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Mr. Christopher
San Benedetto Del Tronto, Italy
Reviewed 7 March 2014

we stayed here 7 nights in febr 2014. The garden is very big and well taken care of. 2 swimming pools tennis spa, everything you need for relax.Only the hotel and rooms need a complete lifting. everything is very old,room, bath room, all over needs to be painted .At the ground floor from the 2 level building the room smelled very bad, because of the humidity, so they gave us a room at the second floor and that was ok. The room was big and had also a nice small balcony.
There are 3 restaurants and the food is great. Hotel personel is very friendly.
We had a nice vacation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank marianne m
Dear Mrs. Marianne
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed in this hotel Oct 2013, i took first flight from Jakarta hoping that my 2 years old son will be asleep during 2 hours flight. Still early when we landed in Bali, i was thinking i will just check in, leave my staff with reception staff, hangout by the pool and hopefully i get my room around 1 PM, but guess what we got our room around 10 in the morning wooww..i am impressed.

Room was kinda old but clean with lil balcony, this is huge hotel and i just love walking around enjoyed the fresh air the sun and the beach, and for Sanur area i think the beach is quite good. My 2 years old son was sooo happy running around and spending time by the pool, lots of beach chairs to lay down. Breakfast was great with a lots of food, and we also made reservation to watch the Balinesee Katak Dance, the performance and the buffet dinner was good as well.

Overall, i like the hotel a lot and i would like to came back :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tanty_ayu
Dear Mrs. Tanty Ayu
Warm greetings from Aerowisata Sanur Beach Bali Resort and Spa Retreat.
Thank you for the recent comments you made while having stayed at our property.
Our staff and I are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Mandurah
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I have to agree that this resort is aging and the pool needs some serious maintenance (albeit it was extremely clean) but at $100 aud a night I'm not complaining. It definitely is a retirement village atmosphere from Europe and I had to laugh at the previous review regarding the disputes over pool lounges. To the Dutch guests, you do not own the lounges! And stop being rude to the staff, they have a job to do. Leave it to the Aussie (me) to step in and defend the pool staff.
The staff were all lovely and nothing was too much trouble. My room overlooked the rear of the property but I didn't mind, it was clean, bed & pillows were fantastic. Days were spent by the pool, which is a actually a great pool but as I say, it's needs work & I recommend hiring a push bike from the hotel to ride along the beach path.
Breakfast was expansive, you could sit there all morning and eat with the array of food they have, great effort on the hotel's behalf.
Overall, I didn't mind it, but beware, this is not a party hotel given the elderly that make up the most of the guests, kids will love the pool, couples will enjoy the quietness of it. I would come back. Check in was swift, paperwork was waiting in my arrival, would help if they put more information in the rooms about the facilities at the hotel I.e. Spa prices, map, etc. Room service was fine on the one night I used it. Shuttle bus to Hardys from the hotel. The beach bar with the swinging chairs is great in the evening, enjoyed the happy hour cocktails.
This hotel will need upgrading at some point in the near future but I suspect they know that. Relaxing and quiet four days. Like I said, no complaints.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank JenineG69
Dear Mrs. Jenine
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This hotel is in a need of some updating, rooms are little tired looking.
Our room was on the third floor, overlooking beautiful gardens, quiet and peaceful.
There are 2 nice swimming pools.
The breakfast is very good, staff very friendly, always smiling.
The other 3 restaurants are not worth a visit, expensive, especially the Italian one.The hotel is close to many other places for lunch or dinner. The free shuttle is great for visiting Hardy's.
Located on a nice beach with lots of chairs and umbrellas.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple