Prama Sanur Beach Bali
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
2,750 results
All reviewsbamboo bartirta restaurantkids poolgarden viewjunior suiteclub roombig hotelswim up barplenty of sunbedsbreakfast buffet isfree shuttlesecond homelow tideegg stationkids clubgreat holidayhotel grounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I am currently staying at the Sanur Beach hotel and although I am trying to stay positive I'm not sure I am going to last the distance. I agree with some of the other reviews, although I am trying to resist thoughts of 'I would rather go home and loose money than remain here' it is a close run thing. I am disappointed this should have been a great holiday I worked hard to afford but am really disappointed.
I am really surprised that none of the other reviews mention the constant aircraft noise. The hotel is directly under the flight path of aircraft departing the island. It is constant all day and hardly gives you that 'getting away from it all' vibe.
The hotel is very dated and I changed rooms in the end as the first room just had one issue after another. Although the hotel staff were very patient and polite there wasn't an overall sense of wanting to apologise or try and ensure I was completely happy. I looked at rooms in both the new wing - where my initial room was located. Along with rooms in the other older wing and also an upgrade to a suite. The older original wing really isn't great, all of the rooms in any part of the hotel have the same dated decor including the suite. The only difference were the sizes of the rooms. The hotel needs to wake up and understand that if you upgrade you expect different plusher decor, not the same dated decor you get in the rest of the hotel. I opted for a room on the floor above my original room and it is much better but still not great.
The original room - the first thing that hit me when I opened the door was an overwhelming musty / damp smell. I know this is the tropics but it still shouldn't smell that way. Bed was comfy, good choice of tv channels to help you keep up to date with the news in many languages but not much more.
The balcony has a garden view but it also has a view of the back of the restuarant where breakfast is served, which comprises the restaurant roof and the kitchen extractor fans, which give off a constant noise you could mistake for the waves breaking on the beach. However there are no waves breaking on the beach as there is a reef, so no noise from the sea just the extractor fans!
Back to the room, along with the musty smell there is just the faint and occasional smell of sewage I can only assume wafting in from the bathroom. The shower changed temparature whilst I was under it and with no help from me - scalding hot / freezing cold / as I had selected - and repeat that sequence in no particular order until you finish your shower (although no so extreme this happens in the new room too).
The front facia of the power socket fell off and the socket didn't work. I pulled out the tv, unplugged it and plugged in my phone to charge in the end.
Then there was the rustling in the waste basket once the lights were turned out. Rightly so you may think me touched with madness but I suspect roaches. That was the main thing that made me change rooms. Although it received attention from the hotel - each night the rustling continued but fortunately didn't follow me to my new room.
Finally I must warn you about the food. There would appear to be lots of choice...
I have tried the nachos part of the tapas selection at the sports bar. Dry nachos with tiny blobs of melted velvita cheese, even tinier blobs of beef. Accompanied with three porcelain spoons with 3 sauces. It not only tasted stale, it didn't resemble the picture or what nachos should be. The Italian - starter lovely, no wine list - how can you be an Italian restaurant with NO wine! The main course arrived as soon as I had finished my starter. Far too soon and inedible. Gnochi over cooked with an amatriciana sauce. So many chillies I couldn't eat it and I enjoy spicy food on a regular basis. I can't remember ever having food anywhere in the world I just couldn't eat - until now.
Final word on food, breakfast is great especially the banana pancakes but don't eat here for dinner. What I ordered barely resembled what I got - it seems that the menu is just a rough guide and they subsitute or leave out ingredients if they don't have them and it doesn't seem to bother them.
Overall the hotel is dated, the team are polite but their English is inadequate. Wifi is intermittent so don't rely on it working every day - it goes off for 8 hrs at a time.
If you want to know anything you have to ask, no one is forthcoming with any helpful hotel info.
In short - stay elsewhere, I want you to feel your hard earned money was spent well - and you won't feel that if you stay here. This is not the only hotel in Sanur.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank SarahA09
Reviewed 30 March 2014

In Holland a lot of yogateachers go to Bali. I now understand why.
I had 2 times a yogaclass in the Aromas Sanur Beach Hotel. The name of the teacher is Lisa McKnight. She was great! She helps you to stretch your limits, slowly and softly. And with her help you can do, what you didn't know you were able to do.
Besides her gentleness she has humor and life experience. I had a lesson at the beginning of my holiday and went back there before I got to Holland again. It was great!

Marianne Zandbergen

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Marianne Z
Stefan M, General Manager at Prama Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Sir./Madame
Thank you for the time taken to comment on your previous stay at our hotel.
We are pleased to see that you have enjoyed our facilities and services provided. We have also taken note of those areas where we still can improve and will take the necessary steps accordingly.
We are looking forward to see you again. Please feel free to contact me at anytime, if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We spent two weeks in this hotel. The hotel is large with all the services including two pools, a brand new gym, excellent breakfast (tasty coffee and banana pancakes) and nice beach views if you choose a sea view room.

The hotel is on the outskirts of Sanur town but you can take a free shuttle bus to the Hardys supermarket - maybe there could have been another bus to Kuta, too but we didn't try it.

The room was big but worn out. The bed was ok with new mattresses and stuff.

The spa is inexpensive if you compare it to the European prices and the treatments are nice. There is also a yoga studio near by but we didn't go there.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room with wide views towards the pool and the beach.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I think this is a great hotel for sanur area. Very big pool and breakfast included. I always stay here when in Bali for both business and pleasure. Suggest getting rooms in the newer wing (800 rooms) also the garden wing which are bigger and nicer with better amenities.
Staff are extremely nice and helpful. Beach is right there with many restaurants and a great walkway .

• Stayed: December 2013
Stefan M, General Manager at Prama Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Sir / Madame

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Sanur Beach Hotel gives you access to the beach - but if you want to reserve a sun lounge on the beach you'd better be up early. It's a big place, with extensive grounds, and pretty quiet. It's at the south end of Sanur. There are lots of facilities, gym, pools, surf school, and the beach. Plus several restaurants and bars - whilst more expensive than going to a local café, not outrageously priced and the food is excellent. The buffet breakfast is magnificent - especially the omelettes and banana pancakes. A nice place to bring young children, paddle in the sea, play in the toddler pool or watch the runner ducks. Some wings are newer than others, we were located in an old room that had a musty odour. However, we asked to be moved and the staff were most obliging in finding us another room. The hotel seems to be a favourite with retired people, so probably not the place to go if you're looking for a younger crowd. There are daily activities, such as cooking demonstrations. All in all it's a very comfortable and welcoming place. I'd happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Some rooms are near a roadway, and some rooms seem older. Should you have any real concerns, talk to the staff. Of course the ocean view rooms cost more.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family