“Great location for a perfect holiday in Bali.”

Prama Sanur Beach Bali
Ranked #21 of 76 Hotels in Sanur
Santa Pola, Spain
“Great location for a perfect holiday in Bali.”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Beachfront location of the hotel is a plus point as well as being very close to the centre of Sanur. The hotel is well run with friendly staff all over the hotel wanting to help and assist in all they can. The hotel rooms are a little dated but dont be put off by this as you wont spend too much time in the room. Great facilities in the hotel a good choice breakfast and also in the evening there are various restaurants on the grounds to chose from at very good value. These include a local Indonesian and also an Italian. Nice pool areas with lots of sunbeds, the hotel has plenty of greenery and space. It is the ideal place to come and relax in peaceful surroundings and also having on your doorstep a fairly lively resort if you like.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms are quiet, perhaps ground floor rooms dont get as much heat in them as rooms highe...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian L
Stefan M, General Manager at Prama Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Mr. Ian,

Thank you for the time taken to comment on your previous stay at our hotel.
We are pleased to see that you have enjoyed our facilities and services provided. We have also taken note of those areas where we still can improve and will take the necessary steps accordingly.
We are looking forward to see you again. Please feel free to contact me at anytime, if I can be of any assistance. stefan.mueller@aerowisatahotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great area, lots of restaurants around, we went to a different one every night. Massages most places on main road were $5, dont have to go to beach to get one. Pools were lovely with plenty of chairs around. Staff were very nice, even the staff at front door, opening and closing for you. We had a garden view deluxe room. Great size, but like other people have mentioned, needs to upgrade. Bathroom didnt have enough lighting and water from bath/shower would leak on floor out to bedroom. Also the drainage wasnt good, because we would have a shower and a bath together, the water didnt drain for ages. The bar fridge wasnt really worth having as it couldnt be altered so it wasnt cold. Breakfast was massive and yummy. The only wierd thing was when my son put milk on cereal it tasted like runny icecream. It was gross, so he didnt have it anymore. Food around the pool was a bit expensive, (a very very small bowl of chips over $5.) All hotel food and drink charged at 22%. I only say this because food outside hotel is so cheap and yummy.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank ALISON P
Stefan M, General Manager at Prama Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Mrs. Alison,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed in a Garden View delux room, it was just beautiful to look out on our terrace to see ducks grazing in the gardens. It was quiet and lush. Pool areas were fantastic with swim up bar. Gym was really well equipped with modern equipment. Breakfast area was fantastic with a huge range of delicious food to cater for every taste. There are restaurants just outside of hotel both front and back. The age group was more mature, 40+ upwards which I enjoyed. No rowdy 20 some things. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I would chose a deluxe room with garden view if you want peace and quiet. The pool/ocean view rooms...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kerry L
Dear Mrs. Kerry,

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel has a wonderful location along the beach, easy to stroll along the path, good restaurants close by, and great for taking day trips to other areas including kuta, seminyak, ubud. We took a boat for a day trip to Nusa Lembogan, which was beautiful...there are many water activities there. We went scuba diving. The hotel offers a fabulous breakfast, and the staff is very helpful. It's a close stroll to yoga on the beach or into town if you feel like some shopping. We had lovely treatments at the beautiful spa. This is a very good value for an enjoyable place to stay in Sanur!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Soulshine5
Dear Sir/Madam,

Warm greetings from Aerowisata Sanur Beach Bali Resort and Spa Retreat.
Thank you for the recent comments you made while having stayed at our property.
We are delighted to see that you have enjoyed our facilities and services provided.
Our staff and I are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Should there be anything else I can assist you with in the meantime, do not hesitate to contact me personally. stefan.mueller@aerowisatahotels.com
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 10 nights with our 2 yr old daughter. The hotel is situated on the beach in Sanur & is on a very large property surrounded by beautiful tropical gardens. It has a couple of great pools that my daughter loved, & is actually situated on the beach. We stayed in an ocean view room which is what I'd recommend. The rooms are run down & mid sized. The hotel was built in 1990 & hasn't had a Reno since then from what I can gather. The A/C is old & doesn't function like a modern A/C. We bought a fan for $30 from Hardys though & the combination of fan & A/C was perfect. We gave the fan to one of the cleaners when we left. He was stoked. He looked like he'd hit the jackpot. The fridge isn't a real fridge, just a cooler. I asked for a real fridge & they did provide one but these are limited. The service & staff are excellent. The rooms are spotlessly clean & the king sized bed was very comfortable. The breakfast is fantastic. The location is great. Nice & quiet. You can visit a range of restaurants in Sanur or take an $8, 20min taxi to Seminyak or Kuta if you want to be in the thick of it. Overall I'd definitely stay here again. At first we were a bit disappointed by the room, but the need of a Reno was the only disappointment. Everything else was perfect. It has a great gym too. We were here on Nyepi Day. On Nyepi Day no one is allowed onto the streets in Bali & this was by far the best hotel/resort to be stuck in.

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Aoife102011
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We have stayed at Sanur Beach Hotel (Prama Sanur Beach Hotel) in March 2014. It was lovely apart from one thing. We went with our two teens and had arranged for an interconnecting room, upon check in we were told there are none available and the closest room we could have was down the end of the hall from us. Yes they are teens but when you are on a family holiday and have booked 6mths in advance and still can't get something a little closer, it is not good. Apart from this the hotel was amazing and the staff very friendly and kept an eye out for out kids which made it better. Very clean and everything worked to standard. Food was fab and the Italian restaurant was great and a good price. It was lovely to be able to walk on the beach and sunbath and not be bothered by stall holders. We are heading back next year and will stay again for sure. Also walking around the street is so much nicer than in Kuta.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Kathy H
Dear Mrs. Kathy,

Kent
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I am currently staying at the Sanur Beach hotel and although I am trying to stay positive I'm not sure I am going to last the distance. I agree with some of the other reviews, although I am trying to resist thoughts of 'I would rather go home and loose money than remain here' it is a close run thing. I am disappointed this should have been a great holiday I worked hard to afford but am really disappointed.
I am really surprised that none of the other reviews mention the constant aircraft noise. The hotel is directly under the flight path of aircraft departing the island. It is constant all day and hardly gives you that 'getting away from it all' vibe.
The hotel is very dated and I changed rooms in the end as the first room just had one issue after another. Although the hotel staff were very patient and polite there wasn't an overall sense of wanting to apologise or try and ensure I was completely happy. I looked at rooms in both the new wing - where my initial room was located. Along with rooms in the other older wing and also an upgrade to a suite. The older original wing really isn't great, all of the rooms in any part of the hotel have the same dated decor including the suite. The only difference were the sizes of the rooms. The hotel needs to wake up and understand that if you upgrade you expect different plusher decor, not the same dated decor you get in the rest of the hotel. I opted for a room on the floor above my original room and it is much better but still not great.
The original room - the first thing that hit me when I opened the door was an overwhelming musty / damp smell. I know this is the tropics but it still shouldn't smell that way. Bed was comfy, good choice of tv channels to help you keep up to date with the news in many languages but not much more.
The balcony has a garden view but it also has a view of the back of the restuarant where breakfast is served, which comprises the restaurant roof and the kitchen extractor fans, which give off a constant noise you could mistake for the waves breaking on the beach. However there are no waves breaking on the beach as there is a reef, so no noise from the sea just the extractor fans!
Back to the room, along with the musty smell there is just the faint and occasional smell of sewage I can only assume wafting in from the bathroom. The shower changed temparature whilst I was under it and with no help from me - scalding hot / freezing cold / as I had selected - and repeat that sequence in no particular order until you finish your shower (although no so extreme this happens in the new room too).
The front facia of the power socket fell off and the socket didn't work. I pulled out the tv, unplugged it and plugged in my phone to charge in the end.
Then there was the rustling in the waste basket once the lights were turned out. Rightly so you may think me touched with madness but I suspect roaches. That was the main thing that made me change rooms. Although it received attention from the hotel - each night the rustling continued but fortunately didn't follow me to my new room.
Finally I must warn you about the food. There would appear to be lots of choice...
I have tried the nachos part of the tapas selection at the sports bar. Dry nachos with tiny blobs of melted velvita cheese, even tinier blobs of beef. Accompanied with three porcelain spoons with 3 sauces. It not only tasted stale, it didn't resemble the picture or what nachos should be. The Italian - starter lovely, no wine list - how can you be an Italian restaurant with NO wine! The main course arrived as soon as I had finished my starter. Far too soon and inedible. Gnochi over cooked with an amatriciana sauce. So many chillies I couldn't eat it and I enjoy spicy food on a regular basis. I can't remember ever having food anywhere in the world I just couldn't eat - until now.
Final word on food, breakfast is great especially the banana pancakes but don't eat here for dinner. What I ordered barely resembled what I got - it seems that the menu is just a rough guide and they subsitute or leave out ingredients if they don't have them and it doesn't seem to bother them.
Overall the hotel is dated, the team are polite but their English is inadequate. Wifi is intermittent so don't rely on it working every day - it goes off for 8 hrs at a time.
If you want to know anything you have to ask, no one is forthcoming with any helpful hotel info.
In short - stay elsewhere, I want you to feel your hard earned money was spent well - and you won't feel that if you stay here. This is not the only hotel in Sanur.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo