“The Perfect Getaway”

Prama Sanur Beach Bali
Ranked #25 of 79 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Bottom line up front: If you're looking for a top quality resort for a great price, in a quiet, low key area of Bali this is the best option.

I stayed here with my girlfriend for 8 nights and it was one of the best experiences either of us have had. The grounds are are beautiful and expansive, the views are great, the rooms are clean, the area is quiet and serene, and the staff are all very helpful and extemely nice. Long list of all positive things. The one thing that I wish was better was the wifi signal in the rooms. It might have been just where my room was because the wifi worked great in the public areas, but in the room it was hit or miss and often frustrating.

There are two really nice pools on site, one with a pool bar. Theres a stand alone bamboo bar which is nice being along the beach and with really cool swing seats around the bar, but the service was often painfully slow, even during slow periods. The restaurants were all very good. The one that serves the breakfast buffet has good quick meals all day long; The Lada(?) is a really good Indonesian cuisine spot; The Italian Bistro was my favorite but it does get busy for dinner (with good reason); and there is a pizza oven stand and a gelato stand on site as well. The spa was awesome. Got a top notch massage for an amazing price. Fantastic amenities!

I did not want to leave. I will absolutely stay here for future visits to Bali.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lockwood64D

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is an older style hotel in Sanur There has been some attempt to renovate the hotel . It is advertised as 5 star and may well have been when it was built but has downgraded to about 31/2 . It is set in beautiful gardens with lots of ducks. The hotel is quite clean. The domestic staff came twice per day. Our room was never stocked properly on the morning round so the 2nd round was a necessity . We had to ring to have the toilet rolls refilled.. The breakfast buffett was very good with the omelet lady twirling the eggs and omelet with great gusto. I ordered omelett each morning just to watch her .! The staff were also very helpful. The location is very good for beach restaurants and the room service hamburger was excellent.

Room Tip: Do not choose the lowest price room ,choose a garden or seaview room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharon R
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Just at airport now, didn't want to leave. We came with 8 other couples, all stayed down in the same two storey wing, deluxe garden view. The rooms have a cooler so we all asked for fridges as soon as we arrived ... No problem ..... Cheers to Frankie who was awesome. The balcony is small (10 people is a bit of a crowd!) but we had a cheese platter and drinkies out on the lawn instead! The omelette was yum, but if you want to beat the crowds go to breakkie before 8am. Bed turn down at night, cleaned beautifully every day. Yes we could have stayed longer. Cheers and thanks for an awesome stay.

Room Tip: We noticed the corner rooms had huge balconies, that would be worth asking for
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jacqui N
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed here with my daugters (4,13) three weeks in July. We got a nice room on the 4th floor at Garuda wing, with nice garden view and side ocean view, was clean and was enough space there, bathroom provided with cosmetics. The room was cleaned twice a day. We spent the most time by the pool, water was not cold, so my children could stay there for hour or more. Some days was a bit windy weather for staying on the beach, so poolside was a good option. Breakfast was a great selection of mostly everything you like. I would prefer better fruit juices - these were too artificial in my opinion and only two flavors. But I ordered fresh juices for my kids later on by the pool. We also were eating by the pool during the day, the staff will bring you everything you order from the hotel restaurants, so we had rice, noodles, pizza, spaghetti, burgers..etc. Yes, it is little more expensive than outside, but I think 5 or 7 dollars for a meal is NOT expensive and everyone who stays in such hotel like Prama, could afford it. But you can also walk outside or on the promenade by the beach, where you can find also many tasty restaurants. There is also an ice-cream stand and beachwalk warung between pool and beach. Beach is nice, but low tide in the afternoon and water comes to your knees. Perfect for children, they can find a lot of sea stars. The whole hotel staff is very kind and is ready to help you anytime. Anna - the Front Office Manager, she was asking us many times if everythig is allright and never forgot to talk also to my children. She came to say good-bye to us when we checked-out in the late evening and went to the airport. We plan to come back again in November, it was a very nice stay here for us.

Room Tip: The rooms at 4th floor have a nice view.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was my second time staying at Prama Sanur Beach Hotel. The only reason I went back there a second time was because my first experience there was alright and I thought my second time would be the same. I booked my room for 3 people (1 twin bed + 1 spare bed) and paid quite an expensive price to begin with as I was visiting during a peak period.

Our toilet was not flushing properly and we assumed it was normal for it to flush slowly until day 2 when our toilet got clogged and the water overflowed. We called reception who sent some maintenance men over to fix it. To our horror, they started cleaning up the mess on the toilet floor with the hotel bath towels ! Towels which hotel guests use to wipe themselves after a bath ! On us insisting, the reception finally gave us a new room as the maintenance men merely wiped the floor with towels but did not clean it with detergent etc and it still smelled.

I then noted that the room we initially checked into did not come with amenities such as bedroom slippers while the new one that they transferred us to did [both rooms are the same, price wise]. This shows inconsistency in quality of service and amenity provided by the staff.

Also, the spare mattress we asked for was terribly uncomfortable

I would not recommend Prama Sanur as a first choice to any travellers but if you're out of options, it's acceptable, but please bring your own towels @__@ and if possible, don't ask for an extra mattress if you want a good night's rest

1  Thank miusatruestar
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We were here as one of the stops on a tour And couldn't have been happier with our stay here. Staff was helpful And friendly... The property is right on the beach and you are in a gated area within walking distance to shopping Ave restaurants.
The only thing I didn't like was that the restaurant on site was fair And we got rushed out when they were ready to close.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bob W
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The beach and various pools make this a great place to visit. The beach-side bars and restaurants make you want to stay all day. It also has a good fitness centre and many activities to join into. While the rooms were quite good the bathroom in our unit was very dated and did not look clean. The dark panelling and musty corridor carpets also made this feel an old facility, though the lobby and associated rooms were modern and well presented.
A lovely outdoor setting but a tired hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms have good views. Wifi access is annoying - you have to log in every time you make use of...