La Taverna Suites
Segara Village Hotel(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$122
Puri Santrian(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$120
Prama Sanur Beach Bali(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$91
Sudamala Suites & Villas(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$107
The Pavilions Bali(Sanur)
US$235
US$193
Agoda.com
Mercure Resort Sanur(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$90
Kejora Suites(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$91
US$232
US$183
All reviewsmanager agungsunken bathprivate gardenwatching the sunriseboutique hotelbali stylebeachfront locationsmall hotelrestaurants and shopsbamboohawkersminibardriveroasispavilions
Reviewed 7 July 2009

I have travelled to Bali over 30 times in the last 20 years. My life has changed alot in that time and so have my travel and accommodation needs. I am no longer single nor working in a high paying job. I am married with 3 kids who love the beach and being active. So when I discovered La Taverna Hotel (a recommendation from other school parents) I went straight home and googled it with due diligence. I am pleased to tell you that this year we are returning for our 4th family holiday at La Taverna Hotel.

It has everything our family requires for a great holiday. For my husband, a wave to surf out on the reef; the 3 kids (aged 6, 8 & 9) the list is endless:a calm, safe ocean to swim, paddle snorkel and fish in; a resort pool to endlessly jump in and out of; push bikes to hire and ride up and down the 10 km track right out the front of the hotel; friendly staff to play magic tricks with and the most unbelievable pizzas in the world; and for me La Taverna has a calmness that only the true Balinese exude by making my stress away. The staff that are always kind and friendly and seem to always know where the kids have run off to; great security so I can relax and feel safe at all times; the most amazing Balinese foods that we all eat..even for breakfast it's so good (not to forget the American breakfast which is so yummy it's dangerous: there's also dining on the beach and entertainment every second night so you don't need to drive anywhere...night markets, small restaurants dot the beach...paradise! And most importantly a chair on the beach to read my book and a waiter to refresh my glass whenever I look thirsty....we all love this place. It is a real holiday.

Don't expect a flashy hotel that you'd find in Gourmet Traveller. This quieter side of the islands has the best of both worlds. A night life if that is what you're looking for with bars and clubs but for us it still feels like a traditional Bali style village that hasn't lost its old cultrue. (In fact this place is so cool, Mick Jagger use to hang out at the bar here many years ago).

Yes the hotel is is of an older style but we wouldn't have it any other way. In fact I don't know why I am telling you this as it's really our little secret...so don't tell anyone how perfect this place is for a relaxing family holiday!

Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
5  Thank BridgetBarracluff
Reviewed 18 June 2009

Stayed for 4 nights when in Bali for 3 weeks; definitely one of the highlights. La Taverna has been really stylishly developed and was extremely relaxing. The beach-front location is fantastic and the area of beach outside the hotel has plenty of private loungers and is kept really clean. Room was good, with a great handmade bath. The restaurant is also excellent and the bar area has several lounge areas which were nice for an evening drink. We’d definitely go back to this hotel and probably stay longer next time.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dan_ES1
Reviewed 20 April 2009

"A rare find"

Have just returned to NY after a month long stay in Bali, we spent the first few weeks in a rented villa in Ubud but then wanted to spend the last portion of the trip somewhere on the coast. Initially, we tried Seminayak which was very comfortable and had great shopping and restaurants, but somehow didn't capture our imagination or make us feel the Bali experience. We' d been told that Sanur was having a bit of a comeback and having looked at a few places, we settled on Hotel La Taverna, which was one of the earliest hotels to open in Bali and seems to have remarkable history.. What we liked about the place was not only its position right on the beach, but the fact that it has very large gardens. The staff are incredibly kind and attentive (although this is the case in most places in Bali). The beachside restaurant was undergoing some rennovations while we were staying which was a little inconvenient but other than this we would thouroughly recommend our experience. If you can get one of the colourful rooms - ours was a lovely pinky red, they are very romantic. On the whole Sanur is not as slick as some other places in Bali like Seminyak and Krobokan, but we actually prefered it (the sea is much clamer and protected) and also it seems to have a far greater sense of it's history and Balinese culture.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank dannywynn
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 7 April 2009

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed 26 February 2009

I have used Tripadvisor a number of times in my travels, but this is the first review I have posted, but having looked at various of the comments posted I wanted to add my own opinion. I was actually recommended to La Taverna by a friend who lives in Bali otherwise I might easily have missed it. This place is exactly the kind of place you hope to find , but so often don't - a quirky and fun old beachfront hotel set in large tropical gardens that still feels privately owned and not too "discovered". As far as I'm concerned I hope it stays that way, but I do wonder what some of the other reviewers were expecting in Bali - when they complain about things like erratic electricity - maybe they should go stay at one of the big corporate hotels in Kuta. As someone who has travelled extensively, I love the slightly rough edges of a place like this - that's why I do travel.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends