“Surprisingly Good Wee Hotel”

Puri Kelapa Garden Cottages
Ranked #38 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I didn't have huge expectations of this place but I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are cute, the service is great and the staff are lovely.
It is very close to shopping and the markets but isn't noisy. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Puri Kelapa Garden Cottages

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have been staying here at this lovely little Balinese hotel. It has a great atmosphere and is well priced. The standard rooms are comfortable and clean with linen and towels changed daily.The bathrooms could do with an update but they are adequate. Staff are friendly and professional.The indo food inthe restaurant is fine,but the western sandwiches could do with improvement.. Great location,I would recommend. Pool very clean and plenty of lounges.probablybworth going for the superior rooms if available and if your budget allows. Good for solo travelers too.The massage therapist is amazing and really helped me with an ongoing problem, worth every cent!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I spent a couple of days here before leaving to Ubud, and was sad to leave on the last day. The resort has a calm atmosphere all throughout the day which is ideal for a holiday. The Sanur beach is just a few minutes walk from the premises and one can enjoy beautiful sunrise there. The resort garden is beautiful and picturesque. The rooms were simple and comfortable.

A special mention about the restaurant staff; they were very kind and helpful. My sister was injured and had to take meds. They made her dinner after closing so that she can take her meds. We enjoyed our stay here a lot.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I went there in December...the location is amazing, in a very silent garden even if we are close to a street.
Sanur beach is 2 minutes walking from the Hotel and it is the pefect beach for relaxing and having a bath.
The rooms were cleaned every day, and every day they changed our linen.
There is also a swimmingpool and a beuty center.
Breakfast is simple but good and also the restaurant was very good with typical dishes.
I will definitively come back there if I will have the chance!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I enjoyed the cottages - the property has an onsite cafe/restaurant - the locality is very good - near to the beach and shopping centre - there is a pool with a masseuse and towels and souvenirs - lots of greenery - the blower vac for the leaves by the staff at 7am is a real put off and the only problem I had with it. Prices, people, food and location just right.

Room Tip: Perhaps away from the dropped leaves (second level)?
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lew26
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Last april (2014), I spend two week at the Puri Kelapa in Sanur. I arrived with friends and stayed a little longer solo for which the Puri Kelapa is a perfect choice.
The small scale of the resort, in a wonderful gardensetting, makes you feel at home immediatly. Also because of the friendly staff: the always smiling gardeners, the servants who even try to speak Dutch, the cooks that make a great Mie goreng and the reception-staff who will do their best to make you stay as comfortable as possible.
There is a nice pool in the centre of the resort, where a woodcarver shows what he does and where you can buy his work at a fair price.
I had a room/bungalow at the ground floor, which was cleaned every day, with a nice view at the pool, it was een perfect combination of privacy and the possibility to have contact with other guests. The only little comment I have about my stay is that my shower caused a little flood in the bathroom if I didn't pay attention how the showerhead was pointed.
The Puri Kelapa might not be the luxurious where I have ever been but it is definitely the one where I felt the most cherished.

Room Tip: The ground rooms are the nicest, in my opinion, depending on what you prefer you can book a room wit...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The hotel is in a good location in garden setting, Rooms are spotless and security good. Umbrellas outside door in case it rains and free towel poolside although these are gone by the end of the day. Pool is small but adequate. My bungalow was directly opposite another bungalow ( 8 meters ) so it was difficult to sit outside in semi seclusion as shown in photos, if the other bungalow had someone sitting outside (often). My bungalow window was opaque which meant I was silhouetted if my inside lights were on at night. The restaurant has beautiful ambience but food is mediocre. As I left the booking late I accepted AUS $59.pn.(Low season). I travelled around for 1 week and when I returned, again I was charged $59 when the walk in rate was $53.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo