Puri Kelapa Garden Cottages
US$513
US$264
Sudamala Suites & Villas(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$131
Segara Village Hotel(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$189
Griya Santrian(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$125
Agoda.com
Prama Sanur Beach Bali(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$89
Kejora Suites(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$105
Mercure Resort Sanur(Sanur)(Great Value!)
US$89
The Pavilions Bali(Sanur)
US$237
US$212
US$518
US$232
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe cottagesbeautiful gardennice poolroom was clean and comfortablefew minutes walkelectric kettletwo storeyhome away from homebreakfast servicemoney changersnice place to staybeautiful balinight marketshort walk to beachthe main streetbreakfast was includedlarge bed
Reviewed 16 October 2010

This small hotel is quite promising and it depends when you stay there as to just how quiet it can be. In one review "aspiring Aussie pensioners" was mentioned and it is so true - they can be noisy around the pool. or even when walking to their rooms. Our little bungalow was certainly quite sweet but we noticed the water jug had not been filled for a couple of days and we mentioned this to Reception. It was filled straight away - a bit too quick I think. My husband said it's fine you can drink it and I did only to have an embarrasing situation a couple of hours later at a Coffee Shop. So this is one hotel where perhaps you should not have even a sip of their "boiled" water out of their jugs. In 26 years of staying at other hotels in Bali where they provide boiled water (and in some cases bottled water) I've never had such a bad experience. On the plus side the best thing I can say about this rather sweet looking hotel is that it is within walking distance to that wonderful No.1 Restaurant "Kayu Manis" I certainly don't want to discourage anyone from trying out this hotel but personally would not stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travelroos
kadekbudhaya, General Manager at Puri Kelapa Garden Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2010

Dear Sir/Madam,
We wish to thank you for sharing your experience of staying at Puri Kelapa. We are very sorry for what happened to you, the first we received in years ever. We have taken the necessary action to ensure that it shall not happened again. We have replaced the jugs in all the rooms with bottled water. However we would have been most grateful had you share your experience with us, the management, first as we are all human and it is in our philosophy not to have ill intention toward others. Again we hope you could accept our most sincere apology and wish you well.
Yours sincerely,
Njoman Suwidjana
General manager.

Reviewed 14 October 2010

During the past 4 months, I have been three times to this hotel (consisting of several blocks of cottages of 2 floors, with ca. 6 rooms on each floor).
The positive things are : the very kind and welcoming staff (especially in the nearby restaurant), the nice garden-with-pool, a small place to borrow books and magazines, the good and quiet location (though not right next to the beach, it is only ca. 400 meters away, and to the other side of the hotel it is almost right next to one of the main shopping streets in Sanur).
But, on the downside, the rooms are (and look) really old and not well maintained. They smell awful (like wet grass after a few days outside). The light in the rooms is very, very dim (making reading almost a painful exercise) and during peak-hours water in the shower (put above the bath-tub) might be running short. Probably due to the high humidity, the bathrooms look very dirty, although the rooms are well-cleaned every day (incl. new bed linen and towels). The interior walls are really thin, therefore the rooms (or more correct : neighbours) might be very noisy.
Breakfast is a choice of 5 different sets, which starts to get boring after more than 4 days.
Wireless internet is available only in the hotel-lobby (which is outside and therefore mosquito-prone) at ca. 2 Euro per day (but for free at the restaurant; ask for the password).
The hotel seems to be an all-time favorite for mainly Dutch and Australian (aspiring) pensioners.
In short : reading the other reviews and having seen many other hotels in Sanur, I do think you will be able to find more value for your money than this hotel (or : if possible just add a little more money to your budget to find that paradise-place Bali is famous for ....).

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
kadekbudhaya, Owner at Puri Kelapa Garden Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2010

Dear Sir/Mdm,
Thank You for sharing your experience staying with us at Puri Kelapa. I sorry for what happened. However we would have been more grateful if you share your experience with us first so that we could help you avoid such experience and make your holiday more joyful. Yes the wall separating the two rooms you were staying at is rather thin. Others are not as thin. We could have given you other room.
Again we are sorry that it happened to you and wish you well. Nonetheless should you wish to consider coming back to us we want you to know that you are most welcome.
Yours sincerely
Owner/manager

Reviewed 4 October 2010

I stayed at Puri Kelapa for 4 nights. I had friends staying at Segara Village just down the road and I basically stayed with them at their hotel or we were out and about during the day but I went back to my perfectly functional hotel room every night which had a fairly comfortable double bed, a small balcony, airconditioning, 2 tiny complementary bottles of water (no tea or coffee facilitiy in the room but you could get a cup of fairly nice instant at reception for 10,000rp (with a choice of different instant coffees!). The hotel pool ... well it was on the run down side but still in okay condition. The obvious negative about this hotel were all the cats running around the stairs up to the rooms attracted to where guests have left out their room service trays with food waste. A regular pick up by staff of these trays would resolve this problem.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2010

We stayed here for three nights. We loved the quietness of this resort and the peaceful pool, although a group of creepy old Australian men were somewhat offputting, particularly when they leered at me and my friends! Luckily they were only there one night, so didnt trouble us too much, although the shallow end of the pool was often commandeered by elderly Australians who seemed to stay there morning, noon and night!! (seriously - once we got back at 1am and they were still there!!)

My husband and I loved it as you have a nice quiet room with a balcony/verandah for relaxing on. It is removed from the bars along the beach, but within walking distance if you do fancy a bit of a night out! There are some lovely restaurants within walking distance as well and we enjoyed having massages and treatments on the beachfront (we only saw the spa in the hotel on the last day, so didnt get to use this).

Breakfast was nice, either a pancake or eggs and bacon, all included in the very reasonable price (someone mentioned paying extra, but we didnt have to). Also there was a swap shop for books which was handy so you could swap your book for someone elses (needs more English books though!!)

The AC units were a bit temperamental, but the rooms were clean, sheets changed daily, nice comfy king size beds.

Would definitely come back!!

NB Not linked to the hotel at all but do not use Ronalds internet cafe in Sanur - I made a phone call here and was completely ripped off with the guy claiming I had made two calls when I hadnt and refusing to support me to connect the phone. When it did connect it cost me 50000 rupiah for 2 minutes!! He even laughed when I explained that I was having difficulty getting money from my bank and needed to make an urgent call. A nasty piece of work altogether.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2010

The hotel is situated near the beach and near the main street of Sanur.
It has a very nice garden with a modest pool the cool down in.
The people are warm hearted and very kind.
The rooms are modest and clean.
Food is available in the vicinity, from "warungs", local restaurants, adjusted western/indonesian restaurants and even McDonald.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple