“Home away from home!”

Sri Phala Resort & Villa
Ranked #45 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We had wonderful experience during our short stay in Sanur. The personnel were very accomodating, courteous, reliable and service oriented. Always smiling! The place is a short walking distance from the beach.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tony c
There are newer reviews for Sri Phala Resort & Villa

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We arrived in this hotel at noon and stayed for 3 nights here. I must say that the natural environment here is really good and the rooms are decorated nicely. However, there are few issues that really leaves us unsatisfied.

On the day we arrived, we had 1 room under a different hotel booking website and the staffs informed us that we have not pay this room's booking yet. So we told them that we want to check with our bank to confirm. The hotel manager then came and he was rude and not helpful at all. All we want is just to double check since we provided our card details and didn't realized that this room was not paid. After double checked we paid for the room and proceeded with check-in.

The rooms are decorated nicely bu the towels provided aren't really clean and it's not changed daily. I have to make a call to the front desk to get a clean towel. The family room's master bedroom's safe box kept making noisy beep sound during midnight and we had to call the front desk to get it stop. As for the hand wash basin, they designed it so tall that I have to stand on my tip toe to wash my face (not really user friendly). The room has a musty smell of wood and the staffs are not really helpful in this case. At night, there are sounds of small animals running about on the rooftop for hours and we couldn't get a good sleep.

The breakfast has only few choices and some of the plates aren't really clean. The pool is meant for adults as it is deep, not suitable for children. However, they do provide clean towels at a nearby hut for our convenience. The walkway at night is very dark and is not well lit. I had to get someone to accompany me back to my room at night most of the time.

This hotel provides free wi-fi but it's only available at the lobby and restaurant. The rooms' wi-fi has limited access.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NicyNich
Rama Phala R, Manager at Sri Phala Resort & Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear our guest,

Thank you for staying at Rama Phala Resort & Spa, and we appreciate your comment. And we are happy to inform our guest know if their booking was need to finalize of the payment up on arrival. This is part of hotel management regulation. Following to other issue, we have cleared and solved it with our team. And hopefully your suggestion will make us more aware and concern to make our property better in the future. As we believed that we could not make 100% service satisfaction but we will try to do our best..

Kind regards,
Management

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The hotel was fine, the rooms were clean, and desk staff was polite, though they could not help with anything but the basics. When I asked about a late check out, they had to get a manager, who was rude and pushy. They charged $50 for late check out - even though the hotel was practically empty - and then practically pushed us out the door at exactly 6:00p. They showed up at 6:00 to get our bags, called our room 3 times in a row, and stood at the door knocking while I was changing clothes preparing to leave.

On our trip we visited the Agung Rai Museum of Art (ARMA). They also have a hotel. The rooms are gorgeous, the grounds are incredible, the cost is very reasonable, and the owner and staff are unbelievably polite and helpful. STAY at ARMA!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kim,

First ,thank you for your staying with us. And following to the issue that you said on your comment, we are so sorry to hear it. Rama Phala Resort have a regulation that our guest have to follow. If the guest over staying or day use till 6 pm certainly there will be an extra charge. Unless if the guest check out and let their bag stored in our luggage's room will be no problem and no charge. We also need to prepared the next guest will be check in. And we are so sorry for this inconvenience.

With best regards,
Ketut

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for Jan 2-4 2014 we originally booked deluxe room but we got room transfer to lower room cause our shower is not working at all what so over so they transfer us but the room they transfer us is smell like dead rat not to mention that our toilet / bathroom is possess keep flushing itself they definitely need a plumming fix on that hotel so dissappointing.. They service is excellent good food lovely breakfast .. The location is excellent close to the beach.. The pool is excellent nice has serene atmosphere is lovely ...

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed at the Sriphala from the 15/12-22/12. On first impressions we were shocked and thought we had booked awful accomodation as the hotel is currently undergoing renovations but luckily after walking through the current construction area things quickly improved.
We booked the jacuzzi suite which was OK but we ended up moving after 3 nights as a result of constant late night noise from the party house behind this villa. We were then moved to a different room with smaller single beds and no kids T.V and no jacuzzi. The rooms have a mini bar with reasonably priced drinks but no in room safe which I found strange in this day and age. Overall the rooms are OK serviced daily but the general cleanliness of them is a little bit suspect.
The grounds of this resort are very nice with a really nice pool area which we found was never busy and there is always someone in the bar to make you a drink. The staff are really friendly and polite which always makes a stay pleasant. We enjoyed our breakfast by the fish ponds in the morning but after 7 mornings of the same thing you intend to give it a miss but that's not to say there was anything wrong with it.
The resort is close to the beach and restaurants but using the front footpath is almost impossible as there are many large pot holes in the footpath which is very dangerous to the elderly or small children. There is a side access but you have to dodge the motorbikes and mongrel dogs to use this.
My wife and I used the SPA for massages which we found very in expensive and enjoyed.
Shops and money changers are within a 2 minute walk from the side gate and the beach is about 5 minutes away. Transport is always available.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ozziestew1972
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This is quite a nice property, but the front desk service is terrible. When I went to check in, the young boys staffing the front desk barely spoke English. Finally had to ask for the manager to get my reservation straight. They advertise wifi, but it's only in the lobby and in the restaurant—very inconvenient. The free breakfast was my worst in Bali. My departure flight is leaving late evening, and when I asked for a possible late check-out, I was refused. I asked if I could at least store my luggage, and the same guy at the reception couldn't understand what I meant. When I asked if they could call me a taxi, he said they don't do that. WHAT HOTEL REFUSES TO CALL A TAXI? It's no wonder this place is empty. I came here because it's close to the Yoga Barn. I'm sure there are better options. The property has all the potential in the world, the the service destroys the ambience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank thevoiceofexperience

Dear our value guest,

So sorry for this inconvenient happened when you stayed at our resort. And we have solved it out
that problem. And we hope your input will assist us to make better in the future.

Cheers,
Management

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Just returned from our Bali Trip and stayed at Rama for 4 nights it is very and I very Tidy - the gardens are spotless!! Rooms are adequate and spotless breakfast good Great Pool - great staff - good front desk - a few steps would not recommend to the elderly But a big plus is Rama's location excellent position close to Yoga Barn and Zen

Room Tip: All rooms have a garden/green outlook
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Rama Phala R, Manager at Sri Phala Resort & Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear AMGibbo,

Thank you for your staying with Rama Phala Resort. And your comment make us happy. It was because of you were so happy and we could make your holiday was succesful.

Please come again anytime when you are traveling to Bali.

With best regards,