“Nice and private”

Parigata Villas Resort
Ranked #21 of 79 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We had a great three days at this property. The property is a little old and tired but very comfortable and good value for money.
The private pool area was lovely, we ended up spending a lot of time in and out of there. A huge bathroom area and dressing area.
It was close to walk to the beach and the walking path along the Sanur strip. Also only a few minutes walk to the main road and the abundance of restaurants. The restaurant at the hotel was very quiet - breakfast was quite ok, with the staff being friendly and no fuss.
Free transport to the Sanur area was teriffic, which we used quite frequently during our stay.
There is no Wifi in the villas only the public area. Fortunately we were at the front of the property and the Wifi ended up being accessible from the outside area of our villa.

Room Tip: Free wifi at the front villa - although the back ones would not be so close to the staff areas and p...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank June N

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 only nights in mid February. Good spot (for Sanur as it's pretty quiet), just a quick few minutes stroll down the lane to the beach and fairly close to eats and drinks. Hotel was fairly quiet, very clean, we had a poolside room which was lovely, were able to hang out wet bathing gear out on the balcony each day. Breakfast was plentiful and lots of choice, staff were great, plenty of drinks options at the bar. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moiash
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We've had a wonderfull week here. Quiet, private close to the beach. We enjoyed the friendly service of the staff, the cleaners, the pool boys you all contributed to our great stay. The rooms are big, the privat swimming pool was great (we enjoyed our midnight swim). Close to beach, less than a 5 minutes walk. Great restaurants at the beach and good coffee on your way to the main street. We enjoyed lunch and diner in the restaurant of Parigata, service and food are wonderful, I don't understand that not more guests are eating here. We thought breakfast was good. Every day choice of bread, juices, eggs. Maybe not as much choice as in bigger hotels but Parigata only has 18 villas.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed here in Feb 2014 with my husband and two young kids, 3 years and 11 months. Really suits either families or those after a quiet holiday that is more low key than Legian. Hotel is older but well maintained, clean, great balconies and comfy beds, really lovely atmosphere. The bathrooms can be damp but Bali is humid and this seems to be an issue everywhere. Mostly European, Canadian and Scandinavian tourists stayed here, again, different to all the Aussies in Legian. Our little boy made lots of friends around the pool.The pool is great with plenty of deck chairs. Yummy breakfast, helpful staff, great location in Sanur. Close to beach, walk down the laneway and turn right to find some beautiful restaurants on the beach, cheap massage spas in the main street. If you want anything super fancy this is not for you but you will have to spend a lot more money. Fantastic value!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We spent 4 nights at the Parigata Villas Resort in Feb 2014. We travelled as a couple in our early 20's. We found the rooms to be well maintained and loved the private pool as well as the main pool. Bed was comfortable.

I would suggest having a room that faces west so that way you aren't woken up by the morning sun as the curtains do not block it out.

Breakfast was average. Minimal choice. Food was a bit dry. Stuck to toast most days. Although PVR isn't a Resort, a wider selection would have been nice.

Overall we would stay there again, however, 4 nights is probably too long for people in their early 20's.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andrew3101
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I was traveling to Bali on my own and staying two nights and took a lot of time trying to find somewhere that would suit my needs. Parigata had good reviews on Tripadvisor, apart from the last one, and I am glad I found it. Overall the experinece was excellent for what I wanted and I thought good value for money. Yes it is tired, the tarnish on the mirror is gone and plaster flaking in places, curtains old fashioned but it depneds how fussy you are. The bath has a crack but what a bath - massive made of a kind of fake marble - I could float in it. The outside shower is just one spout of water but what bliss to stand under it, in your own secluded garden naked with hot and cold water. The pool is totally private and enjoyed making coffee in the morning and drinking it while I was in my own pool. A grey squirrel ran up and down the palm trees and the doves would come and splash in the water if I was still enough. If the pool wasn't enough there was the hotel pool set in lovely gardens with rocks. I cycled along the beach path in Sanur past many of the big hotels with very ordinary pools, viewed by anyone walking past and thought how lucky it was to have like the one in Parigata Villas. It is large enough to have a decent swim and empty as everyone has their own. There is peace and tranquility.
Location - it is not on the beach but again, having seen the beach I am not sure I would want to be there. The sand is clean where the hotels are but in between I found three syringes. They are not private - the hawkers can come up and everyone can see you. Parigata is 2 mins walk from the beach path - if you so wish you can hire a sunbed but why would you? The beach path has plenty of stalls and cafe and if you walk out of the hotel in the other direction there is a street with everything you need in terms of shops/cafes etc. Bike hire was $4 a day.
I was worried about a/c having read the previous negative post but I had a good a/c that kept the room at icy cold if I so wished. The safe is not bolted down but did the previous reviewer try to lift it and walk out the room with it - fairly impossible without two men. I felt safe and so were my valuables.
Negatives - the wifi. It was available in the lobby which had no a/c but in this day and age I think it is really important to have it in the room. I want to wake in the morning and reach for my phone and check my messages, or lie by the pool and use my ipad.
The villa would be no good for a family with children who can't swim and as there are two windows to the bathroom you really need to know your fellow traveller well.
Unlike others who said the breakfast was good I found it very ordinary and after two days would have been looking elsewhere but it is included in the price. The room service breakfast looked much better.
There were no facilities to print off a boarding pass.
Overall, loved it and would come back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank yokofiona2010
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Totally under maintained. A crack running a long the full length of the bath. Air con running at low strength. Electric sockets not working. Out side shower was just a spout with water coming out of a statue.
The room safe was not bolted down-cash and carry!
But breakfast was o.k.