“missed connection”

Puri Mesari Hotel & Suites
Ranked #34 of 79 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Second time at Puri Mesari. We like the hotel and the pool. But, we had an agreement to be dropped off at the beach and picked up at a certain time later by the shuttle. We were there at the correct pickup time and we waited 1/2 hour and the Puri Mesari shuttle never came. We were left stranded and had to walk 1 hour back to the hotel. So beware, don't rely on the Puri Mesari shuttle - you might be walking home....

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alymere

Reviewed 15 June 2013

I have been to Sanur before, 5 years ago and ended up staying on the other end of Sanur. After exploring Sanur on a bike 5 years ago, I learned that I liked the southern part of Sanur beach much better. The swimming is wonderful, and the beach is clean, calm and local.
I was traveling with my mom and found Puri Mesari on Trip Advisor for our last two nights in Bali:(.
The rooms are large, and has fish ponds out in front. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are affordable. The breakfast was one of the best on our trip- lot's of food!
They do have a shuttle. The hotel is a little "off the beaten path" so make sure you grab a hotel card if you take a taxi into Sanur, as most taxi's had no idea where they were going in Sanur.
I like Puri Mesari because it's in a more local real neighborhood, walking distance to a lovely swimming beach and has character.
The pool is quite shallow, but charming.
The staff is very accommodating. This is a great place to relax and enjoy the quiet of Sanur, and take a taxi into town, or shuttle, loved it!
The beds were comfortable and the air conditioning worked well. We had a few lizard visits in the room ( welcome drink) and in the bathroom- but it's to be expected in Bali.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Brookegoski
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We loved this hotel. I booked for our first night as we arrived on a late flight and were catching the fast boat to nusa Lembongan, so price was an important factor. My partner was suspicious of my selection, but was surprised and delighted by what we found on our arrival. Quiet streets, a welcoming lobby and friendly kind staff. We ate in the restaurant for dinner and it was quick, tasty and well priced. The next day I was determined to be up for sun rise and we enjoyed walking down the beach and into town. (Reasonably long walk) back for breakfast which was again fine, fresh fruit, toast, coffee basically everything I require. Pool was beautiful, very relaxed vibe throughout the whole place. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Djc005
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

Loved my stay at Puri Mesari. The rooms and grounds were super charming and provided a lovely, peaceful atmosphere. Loved the breakfast every morning. 5 min walk to beach and shops yet far enough away so it was super quiet sleeping. Rent a bike for 2.50 for the day or have the staff drive you around Sanur as courtesy. Wonderful service!! Highly recommend catching the sunrise on the beach, especially on Sunday when all the family ceremonies are happening. So beautiful and touching. Felt very safe, even walking at night.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank eliaschics
Reviewed 22 May 2013

When you feel like you need an escape from a everything's boring, I can say that Puri Mesari is the most suitable place to stay. Near the beach, friendly staff and owner, with a homy and simple interior design.

Very peaceful hotel :)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Indah55
Reviewed 19 May 2013

If you want a quiet basic hotel, this could be for you. Room was basic and the hotel would need some refurbishing. The airconditioning was not adjustable and was quite noisy. There weren´t a hairdryer nor water boiler in the room. It was about 10 minutes walk from the beach.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Away from the noise and shops of Sanur, but a short walk to the southern end of the beach, Puri Mesari is surrounded by quiet leafy green homes with interesting front gates. The hotel is tucked away, almost like a sunken garden. The pool is gorgeous.
Staff friendly and helpful at reception and around the little garden. Plenty of fishponds and statues. Not a place for children, because of that and the small amount of space. Ideal for couples or solo travellers looking to stop and relax for a day or two.
Breakfast was minimal and could improve, but it gets you started - fresh fruit and coffee. And since there's so many food choices out there, you don't need a big breakfast because you'll want to snack all day! I didn't have dinner here. There is also a warung not far away if you need something to eat right now.
My room was huge and beautifully furnished, very comfortable with everything I needed - and I especially loved that there was NO TV!! The downstairs rooms have massive outdoor private bathrooms. The air con was cold and worked well, but I also liked to be able to open up the windows. The rooms were clean and had lovely crisp sheets and towels.
There does seem to be some large construction going on behind the Puri Mesari. There always seems to be building in Bali though, so do inquire about that.
Awesome value for money, and I had no troubles booking through Agoda online. I also emailed the hotel for an airport pick up and drop off for 150k. Perfect. The friendly driver was on time, well dressed, spotless car and careful driving. Very easy to get from the airport to this part of Sanur.
They can also drive you into central Sanur, (for free), tho for some reason the car was not working, and the bikes do need some fixing. Cycling along is lovely though, especially from this wonderful end of town - explore the streets and gardens, and enjoy not being amongst the busy precinct.
Would stay here again before/after my Bali trip because of easy airport access and the chance to really stop and unwind in peace. As a solo female traveller I also felt safe here.

Room Tip: be mindful if you ask for a downstairs room to inquire about it's location; eg very close to poo...