“Hotel staff were Great”

Ranked #29 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Singapore, Singapore
“Hotel staff were Great”
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

My aunt and I stayed 3 nights here. She's 78 so they tried to make us as comfortable ad possible. Now comes the crunch: because we booked thru Agoda we we not entitled to free shuttle from airport and back because of the price we paid. Ok I can understand that. Now breakfast through Agoda is 2 slices of toast with fruit preserves, cheese and butter,only orange juice and a plate of mixed sliced fruit. Tea n coffee. That's continental in Bali. Then I checked Booking.com same room, same nights ahhhh...... but u get American breakfast. So that's on me. Should have done my homework. Chose Agoda because of the rate, but even that's a lie. My 3 nights totaled $180. When i checked my bill it was charged for $233. Ripped off. Tried to call and was told about some charges that were added and the exchange rate. I think that they should make u aware of all additional charges. I've used booking.com for a number of holidays and never ever had these problems.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Arelene I

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I'm sad to say the puri mesari was the last hotel my fiancee and I started at in bali, as I wish we could have spent more time there.

First, the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful, not only with room related issues but also with helping me buy medicine when my fiancee came down with food poisoning. They were even so kind as to let her rest in the room for hours after checkout so she could enjoy the air conditioning rather than walk around in the hot sun.

As for the facilities, the hotel is wonderfully designed, with spacious yet intimate rooms and a lovely pool/restaurant area. They provide a driver for free if you stay in the sanur area and are more than happy to assist in any travel our shopping arrangement you like. I have absolutely no complaints about my stay there and would recommend it to anyone starting in south bali!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom S
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Spent two days in Sanur at the end of our holiday. It is a tranquil little place tucked away just 5 minutes out of Sanur. This hotel was less than half the price of the resorts we had been staying in previously but it certainly did not feel cheap, just really good value. Room was very good, quiet cool A/C. Loved the outside bathroom. Restaurant is basic and while not having an extensive menu all the meals we had were good plus they can make a half decent cappuccino. The staff are so very friendly and the service is just second to none. Nothing is too much trouble. There are plenty of big hotels that could learn a thing or two about customer service from this little hotel. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Charles B
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We spent two days at the Puri Mesari resort in Sanur just to get a break away from Legian and see what Sanur was like as we had not been there before.
Service was very good and staff very friendly.
There was a free shuttle service into Sanur which was very handy as the little resort is about 10 minutes walk from the main shopping area.
Room was kept very clean, bathroom a bit tired with a shower head in the bath but you need to bear in mind what you pay for the accomodation.
Value for money yes but the only access from the reception area to the villas was a narrow steep stairwell which would not suit anyone with advisability.
Breakfast was served prompt and was nice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vince F
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Our stay at this place was pretty much eventless, not a single bad thing. We had a late breakfast - not a problem. Finished very late dinner, again no problems. Exchanged currency at the front desk, got the wrong exchange rate (for USD, not EUR), got promptly reimbursed with an apology. Anything you need these people will do their best to accomodate you. First floor rooms are by the pool or ponds, if that is of importance for you. Keep in mind that this is an mid range accomodation, a firm 3+ star because of the staff effort to make you feel as at home as possible. Yes, some bugs but this is Asia, and the toilet is of a 'no paper inside' type but again, this is Asia. :) If you want more luxury and a big resort - why are you even reading this? 21 rooms in total, stylish interior and exterior, like an urban villa. I would not hesitate to check in again should I visit Sanur.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stancho051
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This is a lovely little hotel with good amenities and very friendly staff. Clean and comfortable room, decent food, nice pool, tropical garden and 10 mins walk from beach. And good value. Just what I needed. Some renovations going on but not disturbing.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
milano
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed at the Puri MEsari for one night.
The room was at the first floor, we immediately notice a little lack of care in the furniture, but that is ok.
However the bathroom was very messy (the window could not be closed) and with a bad smell coming out of the pipes.

The reasons for our disappointment are the following:
1. breakfast is a shame, the waiter brings you a small card (very dirty) with the choice of the day. In spite of the early hour, many things were crossed.
2. We booked via booking.com, yet the hotel charged us 3% addition because of the payment with the credit card. I did not spend hours arguing given that it was a couple of euros only (we spent there one night), yet I found the attitude extremely unfair. No other place in bali charged us that, and it was not indicated on the booking conditions.

Location is not far form Sanur center

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple