“nice hotel with room for improvement” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Puri Mesari Hotel & Suites
Ranked #28 of 76 Hotels in Sanur
Blankenberge, Belgium
“nice hotel with room for improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

A very nice little hotel, consisting of some bungalows located around a pool. The pool was big enough, but at different times, there were not enough sun beds. Another remark is that there was no protection from the sun, only two beds were under a some kind of roof. No need to take your towels, as there was a towel service. The rooms were spacious and were very clean. The first night we stayed there, we had a ground floor room, so we had a semi-open bath room. When we returned after our diving safari, we had a room on the first floor, which was huge and had a little balcony. Unfortunately this kind of room has twin beds, and the bath room was not semi-open. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was ok, but nothing more. We recommend not to dine in the hotel as the menu is very limited and quality is rather poor. A plus of the hotel is fact that they have a minibus and on demand they can bring you anywhere in Sanur for free.

Room Tip: room on the first floor had twin beds. rooms on the ground floor have semi-open bath room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wiebke P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Wollongong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

This accommodation was one of the best little treasures in Sanur. The hotel is clean staff are attentive the pool is delightful and it is situated away from the hustle and bustle. The hotel offer a free shuttle service and the beach is not far away from the hotel about 30th walk.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

This is a wonderful place where everyone is so friendly especially the owner who used to work in a bank in Jawa and has now return to work on his family business. The place is serene and everything that every other reviewer has described. My wife and I got driven around a lot. The staff were punctual in picking us at the right time wherever we were. Breakfast was ok. Location is ok but with the free shuttle, not an issue at all.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank holidaysforlife2013
Wollongong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel our first night in Bali, we flew in very late and they met us at the airport. The room was neat and tidy, air con worked well, the partially open air bath and shower were good. The pool was fine and the breakfast was also nice. Beach is a short walk around the corner. Good value for the price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

My aunt and I stayed 3 nights here. She's 78 so they tried to make us as comfortable ad possible. Now comes the crunch: because we booked thru Agoda we we not entitled to free shuttle from airport and back because of the price we paid. Ok I can understand that. Now breakfast through Agoda is 2 slices of toast with fruit preserves, cheese and butter,only orange juice and a plate of mixed sliced fruit. Tea n coffee. That's continental in Bali. Then I checked Booking.com same room, same nights ahhhh...... but u get American breakfast. So that's on me. Should have done my homework. Chose Agoda because of the rate, but even that's a lie. My 3 nights totaled $180. When i checked my bill it was charged for $233. Ripped off. Tried to call and was told about some charges that were added and the exchange rate. I think that they should make u aware of all additional charges. I've used booking.com for a number of holidays and never ever had these problems.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Arelene I
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I'm sad to say the puri mesari was the last hotel my fiancee and I started at in bali, as I wish we could have spent more time there.

First, the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful, not only with room related issues but also with helping me buy medicine when my fiancee came down with food poisoning. They were even so kind as to let her rest in the room for hours after checkout so she could enjoy the air conditioning rather than walk around in the hot sun.

As for the facilities, the hotel is wonderfully designed, with spacious yet intimate rooms and a lovely pool/restaurant area. They provide a driver for free if you stay in the sanur area and are more than happy to assist in any travel our shopping arrangement you like. I have absolutely no complaints about my stay there and would recommend it to anyone starting in south bali!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom S
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Spent two days in Sanur at the end of our holiday. It is a tranquil little place tucked away just 5 minutes out of Sanur. This hotel was less than half the price of the resorts we had been staying in previously but it certainly did not feel cheap, just really good value. Room was very good, quiet cool A/C. Loved the outside bathroom. Restaurant is basic and while not having an extensive menu all the meals we had were good plus they can make a half decent cappuccino. The staff are so very friendly and the service is just second to none. Nothing is too much trouble. There are plenty of big hotels that could learn a thing or two about customer service from this little hotel. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family