“Nice hotel”
Review of Villa Puri Ayu

Villa Puri Ayu
Ranked #56 of 82 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed in this lovely nice hotel for the first time in 2008. We got the room next to the small swimming pool and it was wonderful. It was a big room with very nice bed and big bathroom and big bath. The house cleaning staff did their job also very good. Always a clean room every single day. Then in 2013 we returned with the whole family to this lovely hotel and got the big family suite with two big bedrooms, a kitchen, a diningroom and a living room. The location of the hotel however surrounded by sometimes noises from the neighbour big hotel until late at night, and also if you walk outside the hotel, the views aren't that nice for the first hundred meters but once you're at the beach it's very nice. The breakfast could be better with more choices. The staff are great friendly people.

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Hi we have been to Villa Puri Ayu a few times and absolutely love the place. So close to the beach, nice quaint place to stay - the staff are gorgeous - would do anything for you - couldn't complain at all - do not forget we are in Bali not Australia or USA we have to respect their customs etc - and on some of these reviews - absolutely disgraceful what people say about Villa Puri Ayu - as I said before - what do you people want for such a cheap price - such complainers cannot believe - why cant you just enjoy the island and think yourself lucky what you all have at home.............. enough said - I LOVE YOU VILLA PURI AYU - Wendy Mama Laurent

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank WackyAustralia
Reviewed 30 August 2013

that's what we wanted and that is exactly what we got. stayed in the Villa Diamond and enjoyed having our own pool and gazebo. WiFi worked upstairs and outside but hardly at all downstairs. Brekky was good- enjoyed the omelette with the optional spike of chili. pool was good, and proximity to the beach path was ideal. Bikes were functional but unlikely to win the tour de Bali on them. Only downside was the door to the external shower couldn't be locked and downstairs lounge windows as well. Need fixing. We also had a late checkout which I haggled for less than the standard 1/2 price.

Room Tip: Villa Diamond and new Emerald Suite look the best.
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed just one night in August 2013 and it was OK but not outstanding..
There can be some music noise from local bars but we slept OK.
The place looks slightly tired in parts.
Staff were friendly and generally helpful, as is the norm in this area.
Overall OK but we have stayed in better places at this level.

1  Thank Mick4444
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I recently spent 14 nights at Villa Puri Ayu - my family and I stayed in their 3 bedroom villa. We loved our time at the Hostel. It's very quiet, intimate and so relaxing. The villa was right next to the pool so for the kids it was fantastic that they could swim and then come "home" without us having to watch them. The staff are amazingly friendly and since the hotel is small, they know their guests. Agun, the Manager arranged transfers to where ever we wanted to go - she even went as far as sending a staff member to Dolphin Lodge to book a dolphin experience for us as we couldn't get one. Honestly if you are looking for a pool bar, lots of people and heaps of restaurant, Villa Puri Ayu is NOT for you. But if you are looking for a quiet holiday and time to relax, then this is wonderfu. It's a stones throw to Sanue beach and in walking distance to cafe's, restaurants and local shops. The Sanur Beach Hotel is right next door. The villa was serviced daily with clean towels and beds made. We will definitely go back and we recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a room near the main pool
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We loved this small complex hidden down a lane way. Would suggest you organize airport pickup with Puri Ayu beforehand as a taxi may not find it. Literally a 3 minute walk to the beach as well as many great restaurants. Clean & comfortable rooms ( ours was 301) with good air con & a mosquito net on a comfy bed. Brekky was good and the pool area lovely. They could do with a few more lounges but it wasn't busy when we were there. Staff were excellent and we would definitely stay again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Where do I begin? This place felt like it was once beautiful but has been left to ruin. We checked into our room which looked run down then we went out to explore the area. On our way out we looked at the small swimming pool where the water appeared cloudy and the mattress under the gazebo had big brown and black stains. The main swimming pool was surrounded by old worn pool chairs. The spa by the pool looked disgusting with a head rest covered in mould.
When we got back to our room, we decided to have a bath. The plug hole was full of hair. We went to bed and pulled back the mosquito net which was covered in brown stains and the top of it was mouldy.
The next morning we asked to change rooms and they obliged. As I was doing a diving course I had to rush. When I got back, I went to have a shower and the bathmat was covered in stains. The curtains in the room also had stains and the mosquito net was worse than the other room. When we went to bed we noticed the bed sheets also had brown stains on them.
The next morning we went to breakfast where they thought it was OK to ask my pregnant wife to bring me something I had ordered rather than bring it themselves.
I decided to leave. At reception, a lady who said she was the manager said this was fine and that I wouldn't be charged a penalty, Then when it came to checking out, the person I was dealing with said I would be charged 2 nights cancellation fee. I said this was unacceptable and asked to speak to the manager. He put me on the phone to someone who then yelled at me when I mentioned trip advisor. After 15 more minutes of pleading with them I left. Thankfully, on the main road we spent the next 2 nights staying in 2 wonderful hotels where the staff were excellent and the room were immaculately clean. If you ever go to Sanur, do not stay at Puri Ayu. I have never in my years of extensive travelling stayed anywhere worse and many of the hotels I have stayed in have cost less.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jonny929
supbali, Manager at Villa Puri Ayu, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Again a bit of a different story then is written. Client first complain about the Alang Alang roof /ceiling (Balinese Style made of dry straws leaf) and cause was on second floor.
We did change his room as per request and the next morning he was still not happy and decide to move. We are in very high season and fully booked, we have to refuse people to honor our booking and yes we do have penalties if early check out specially when booked by Internet Agent.
When he was told he started to scream and that is when they call me to talk to him.
Suddenly he start to speak about how he was a blogger and he would make very negative review of us if we did not remove the cancellation of the 2 nights (on another 4 nights stay!).
He told about how breakfast was a disgrace! Cleaning was awful!! Bath math (that is on the floor) has stain!!! And so the tends and mosquito net!!! If we are so disgusting what about the other 60 persons staying with us! There should be a riot and everyone move out, not only 1 person. As happen before everyone is entitle to their opinion and he can happen you choose a place you don't like but to threaten us like that doesn't work...
PS. July this year we had huge rain and yes mold in the tropic is normal, that is why our smaller pool was a bit clouded, takes time for chemical to clear it after big rain. The head rest for the massage is cover with a clean towel every new client. Mosquito net and tends we can't change and clean after every check out but they were not as described. Bath Math you put your feet on it how can you think it doesn't have stain!! We do change every day and clean in our in house laundry where we do NOT use bleach and chemicals for healthy and environmental reason. Maybe our linen and towels are not sparkling white but they are clean.. For your information in the last few months we change all the mattress with new super comfortable one and also all the toilets..