“Great Underwater Photo Course!”
Review of Underwater Tribe

Underwater Tribe
Ranked #38 of 110 Outdoor Activities in Sanur
More attraction details
Owner description: The Underwater Tribe specializes in creating custom trips in Bali and throughout Indonesia for discerning clients seeking professional, personal, and knowledgeable service. Our range of services includes custom Bali tours, personal photography courses, leading resort and liveaboard adventures, teaching photography workshops, professional photo and video services, and booking the best liveaboard or resort for our guests who understand that our local knowledge is indispensable when choosing a holiday destination. Our knowledge and experience in Indonesia and our personal relationship with many operators throughout the country ensures that we tailor make the perfect holiday for all of our Underwater Tribe members! Do not hesitate to contact us and send us your inquiry to customize a perfect Bali diving holiday.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Just back from an underwater photography course conducted by Luca Vaime from Underwater Tribe. I spent a week photographing the marine life around East Bali. It was very well organised, and Luca is a great photo teacher giving me hands-on personalised guidance. I benefited a lot from the practical instruction, and the after photo review sessions. The accommodation and meals, at Mimpi resort, Tulamben, were superb. Our local dive guide Derek was very helpful with his keen eye, and constant attention. The sightings included Blue-ringed octopus, Mantis shrimp with eggs, Bumphead parrotfish, frogfish, wonderpus and even the mimic octopus! Thank you for a wonderful trip, and I would highly recommend Underwater tribe to all divers.
Niki

2  Thank nikim30

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I did the 3 day PADI Open Water course with the Underwater Tribe in April 2014. Luca had set it up so that I could do the half-day theory part online allowing me to begin in the water on my first day of arrival. Luca was a pleasure to have as an instructor. Not only was he extremely competent, but he also gave the course with humor and fun! Upon our first entrance into the water Luca guided me around the Tulambem Liberty Wreck. I am still marveling at what a magical experience that was! Between doing course exercises in the ocean Luca would take the time to introduce me to some of the wonders of the ocean. Among many other creatures we saw a giant zebra Mantis Shrimp, got a close look at a Cuttle Fish, and swam through a field of garden eels.

After the 3-day course I joined my girlfriend and our two friends as a fully certified diver. Together we spent the rest of the week with the Underwater Tribe dive guides Wayan and Derek exploring the reefs of Bali. We had one adventure after another ending our final dive swimming with Mantas! I must say that this was one of the best vacations I’ve had in my life.

Having Luca, Mike & Miho prepare the trip itinerary, booking the drivers, dives etc with professionalism and high standards gave us the space to truly enjoy the trip without stress, knowing everything was taken care of. We look forward to organizing a live-aboard diving trip with the Underwater Tribe for our next vacation in Bali.

3  Thank Duane H
Reviewed 12 May 2014

In April 2014 (2 couples, 27 - 32y) we enjoyed a custom tailored diving holiday with Underwater Tribe in Bali and dived beautiful and divers dive sites, including stunning reef walls, Tulambem wreck and macro diving.

Planning and communication by email was uncomplicated, we received fast responses, changes of itinerary were possible anytime and our wishes were taken into account.
We met Luca, Mike & Miho and appreciated their dedication, their professionalism and their authenticity. We are sure we are going to see you again on another trip!
We enjoyed the flexibility, since it was just us four travellers plus our guides. We could decide at what time we wanted to dive, what dive site we wanted to visit and we didn’t have to wait for anybody else.
During our stay on Bali we changed the itinerary slightly. UWT was flexible, informed us about our possibilities and did all the organising.
From the moment we arrived at the airport until the last day, we enjoyed the luxury of a private mini-van with driver and private diveguides. We spent the whole week with Wayan & Derek, they dived with us in Amed (1 day), Tulamben (3 days), Menjangan Island (2 days) and Nusa Penida (1 day). They were amazing dive guides: easy-going, fun, very experienced & eager to show us Bali’s Underwater-Pearls.
In the morning, over lunch and after the last dive we were on our own and relaxed in our nice hotels and enjoyed the privacy.
The two-days Underwater-Photography-Course was intense, but I learned a lot. The theory above water was interesting and prepared me for the practical part under water. The one-to-one approach is the best way to learn. Luca and Mike used a slate under water for giving me advice. That way I knew what I needed to work on in order to get the picture I wanted. I started the course with Luca, but did the most dives with Mike because Luca was busy teaching my friend how to dive (Open Water).
In between my two-days course, I had a day of fun dives. That way I got to practice with my cam and strobe. At the end of the day we went through the pictures on the laptop. Mike provided me with lots of ideas on how to improve my skills. Plus he showed me the basics for enhancing my pictures in Adobe Lightroom.

3  Thank Travelmonsta