“Basic ok for price”
Review of Prima Cottage

Prima Cottage
Ranked #66 of 82 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Quiet location but near to 'action'.Clean rooms with plenty of hot water.

Booked and paid in full many months ago but despite this on arrival late evening we were given a twin room even though a double bed requested.
TV didn't work for 3 days despite constant requests to reception and promises of it being fixed.

There was a lack of towels, toilet tissue and other basics which should have been replenished by house keeping. Repeated visits to reception to request same.

Reception staff not really helpful or friendly which is unusual in Bali.

Room Tip: Ground floor- near entrance.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jennie P

Reviewed 15 August 2014

After booking for a two-night stay, and arriving "Too early, Sir", I finally found a staff member to serve me at the bar. So far.. not too fussed.
A small concern was when I returned to the reception area, where various luggage was left by others who were "Too early". The luggage was unattended and no staff were present. So far.. not really fussed.
Then it was difficult for a distraught mother to find assistance when her child went missing. That wasn't cool. Good news was that the child was safe and within the complex. By now... just a little fussed.
Aahh... and then the room!
Wading thru' the remains of the cleaner's garbage, and discarded packaging from a mattress, (not for my room), I entered my cell.
Turning around once, and almost striking all four walls, it was time to check the bathroom.
WOW! Maybe this 'hotel' is a place for scientific studies into growing mould? Successfully!
A brief conversation with a staff member regarding the absence of an in-room safe led to a lesson on how I could use the 2-ply wardrobe instead. That would be fine, except that the closure/'lock' had already been jemmied and the door was not able to be secured.
I left.. quite willing to forfeit one-day's tariff.
Would I return? Yep, just after I finish learning to like sticking pins in my eyes.

Room Tip: Just don't!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank RedMerlot
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed in Prima Cottage for one night between arriving in Bali and heading to Ubud. Firstly, this is a great choice if you're arriving late. It was around an hour's drive from the airport and you can arrange for them to collect you (or simply take a taxi from the airport) for around 150k. We arrived at around midnight so this was perfect.

Don't be concerned when you turn down some narrow alleys to reach the hotel; it is tucked around 5 minutes' walk from the Sanur high street in easy reach of the beach and shops. The location was a perfect balance between proximity to the action and distance from the noise.

The accommodation is basic but met expectations for the price bracket. Our double room featured a genuine double bed with an ensuite, complete with hot water shower. There are also communal bathrooms. We didn't try the TV but there was a cable box present. WiFi signal was good throughout the premises.

The breakfast was basic (3 options) with average filter coffee and tea. Milkshakes etc were available for a little extra money.

We didn't use the pool but it looked clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mike P
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 days on the way to Lembongan. Lovely little place - not at all touristy. V clean & tidy. Staff were really friendly & on site travel desk was a bonus & helped us with boat's & transport to the island. Breakfast was quite good and served in a nice covered area next to the pool. Pool is small and only 4 sunbeds so we went to the beach which is a 10 minute walk. Rooms could do with having a kettle but hot water was available in a thermos flask if required to make a hot drink in the room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Prima Cottage was a lovely place to stay. Everything was as described except one thing - I booked a twin room (2 single beds) 3 weeks before my stay as I was on holiday with my dad, and the staff double booked us and gave our room to someone else! They accommodated by putting a single mattress on the floor next to a double bed. It was a bit squeezy and not what I paid for, but it was fine. I was disappointed that Prima Cottage didn't hold our agreement though.
Other than that, the staff were helpful and friendly, and nice to chat to. The pool was refreshing. The shared breakfast area was great to meet other guests and relax in. The location was convenient and quiet.
Overall, I would stay again. I would triple check the booking though!

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Amy B
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed for one week in June. First night no water for the first 15 hours so not a good start. The pump gave up so I guess that could have happened anytime!! Breakfast is a choice of how you want your eggs, coffee and toast. Pretty much pay a small amount if you want anything else. Pool is small and was very cold compared to other hotels at the same time of year. Staff are friendly enough but what you would expect from a 2 star property. Wouldn't stay there again as there are better properties for a little more outlay. We stayed in the cottage. Wifi doesn't work in the rear cottages not sure about the ones closer to reception.

Room Tip: Can't really suggest anything!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alan R
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Second visit to Sanur in less than 6 months. My last visit stayed in a private villa but chose a hotel closer to the where friends hotel where they were getting married. I've stayed in a many hotels around Bali, I have to be honest I was slightly disappointed with the quality of the rooms compared to places I've stay in the past.

However, you do get what you pay for. Paid $31 per night so I can't really complain. Value for money. The first night, after a long flight, needed to shower, the cold water was off and only had hot water. The day after it was back to normal. Room had air conditioning, small refrigerator, and a balcony and the area was quiet and off the main drag so you didn't hear too many motorcycles.

The staff where friendly and helpful. Had a nice pool which was perfect for an afternoon dip after a day's excursion.

It was located close to shops and a 10-15 min walk to the beach. Opposite the hotel entrance you can hire bikes which was perfect for riding a long the beach path.

Stayed a total of 4 nights before moving to another hotel a couple of blocks away after deciding to extend the stay in Sanur, only to try something different.

I would recommend if you're on a budget.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends