“Mold in the room, cockroaches, and dirty floor”
Review of Ari Putri Hotel

Ari Putri Hotel
Ranked #38 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Ottsville, Pennsylvania
“Mold in the room, cockroaches, and dirty floor”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at Ari Putri Hotel back in December 11th-14th. The hotel was exotic but the room was very terrible. As soon as we walked in, we could smell the musty smell. We weren't sure what that was until the second night. It was mold. We got sick. There weren't enough ventilations in the room, and our room had the furnitures that looks like from the 19th Century. Very old and dirty. I walked bare feet one night, I feel like the sand sticks to my feet. I had to washed my feet five times before I went to bed. They need to sweep and to mop the floor. Also, I killed two cockroaches in the room. My suggestion will be to throw out all of those old furnitures. I'm sure there's too much germs in all of the cushions. They need to get more ventilation in the room so the room will not moist like that. Also, need to change the shower curtain. I can see the mold on the shower curtain. On top of that, please change the bathroom appliances like the faucet, the shower head, and the toilet paper holder because they were all rusty. Every time I took toilet paper, the rust from the holder was on the toilet paper. I believe if Ari Putri Hotel working on these things, there would be so many people that will be staying at this hotel. It's a shame. Please fix it guys. Note: anybody that stays at this hotel need to lock their belongings, my mom lost some of her new clothes that she just got from Batik Keris. Also, my backpack's zipper was opened.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank CherryWil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Polish first
Sundsvall
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Ari Putri is ridiculously cheap given what you get. The rooms are nice and clean with a private balcony and the bathroom with the bathtub is wonderful.
The pool is big and warm and the restaurant have delicios food and the fact that the breakfast is included just makes this place even better.

It is a 10-15 min walk away from the beach but you can't swim at the beaches in Sanur and you would rather stay at ari putri.
The block is nice with a lots of small stores and markets.

This is the best place in Bali (and definitely Sanur) if you are on a budget but want some luxury sometimes.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anthonia L
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This hotel was an excellent choice....The staff were so helpful. The prices were incredible and the atmosphere relaxing.... Go there, enjoy it and you will agree with me.. The Beach is about 5 minutes away...there are bars only yards away from the hotel... Linga Longa,, is a great bar....
Get out and enjoy....

Room Tip: I had a fround floor room, wi-fi worked well and it was very quiet?private. Pool was excellent Man...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Vipmobilepartie... N
belgium
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Almost perfect...value for money, clean as a whistle, great pool (two pools in fact), good breakfast
Too bad the wifi coverage doesn't reach far, so you have to go sit in the lobby to skype etc, very inconvenient!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank belgianguy1
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 January 2014

we have stayed in Sanur a few times and each time we here stayed at different hotel, this hotel I can say is one I will be returning to, its clean, friendly, food is cheap, accommodation is good, pool is nice, breakfast is plentiful

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank onecrazyjoe
Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My family of 5 stayed here with my extended family in August 13 for 5 days. As we needed 2 rooms each we were looking for an inexpensive hotel. I can not recommend this more highly, being a small hotel the pool was practically on our door step (which the kids appreciated). Everything was clean and tidy which was all that we wanted for the price $37 per room. Breakfast was included, it wasn't huge but for the price very reasonable (cat & the fiddle down the street has great coffee, tea and breakfast). Unfortunately there was no high chair for our youngest child but I just used his stroller. We also enjoyed the use of free WIFI. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Inter connecting rooms were great.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank AustraliaJonnic
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Myself and my family spent 10 days here over Christmas and new years. We have stayed in Sanur for the past 10 years but this was our first time at Ari Putri. We were very pleased with the accommodation and the friendly staff and will be returning soon. Food and beverages were great and well priced. I would recommend this hotel to parents travelling with young children as the kids pool is joining to the main pool, rooms are spacious for an extra bed- which is a single bed not a trundle and wifi is through out hotel free of charge. Just by walking through out the hotel you can see the Balinese owners are putting money back into the hotel which is a big difference from were we usually stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family