“Definitely not 'All That'”
Review of Ari Putri Hotel

Ari Putri Hotel
Ranked #42 of 82 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed in the Ari Putri for two weekday nights recently and am unfortunately not really impressed like the other reviewers.

The hotel is quite OK if one just needs a safe and fairly clean place to sleep while not spending too much time in the hotel: the room (223 I stayed in), bathroom and balcony were spacious and clean and in basic that's all one would require for a short stay.

Rating this hotel in more detail however, I personally find the hotel lacking a few additional standards which would further encourage me to actually recommend it to my social circle:

- Staff Greetings when entering and exiting the hotel or when bumping into any hotel staff within the hotel were not standard: I greet, they greet me back with a smile -- if I don't, none of the staff however says 'hello' first, which to me should be a SOP in any hotel.

- The room's bathroom toilet did not have a 'jetspray', which should be standard in any Indonesian hotel, and didn't have any water fountain within toilet reach to alternatively clean up with (unless one would wish to use the bathtub shower and wet the whole bathroom after every toilet use..)

- Our room did not get cleaned before we asked it to be cleaned upon coming back to the hotel in the early evening of a day out, two days in a row. Room cleaning is something I find super-standard in any hotel as it adds value if one gets back to the room and is able to immediately take a refreshing shower and have clean towels etc.

- The hotel provides F&B room service, yet the room service ends at 21:30pm when the hotel restaurant closes as well. Hungry for a midnight snack or drink, or any time after 9.30pm for that matter, guests are to hunt outside on their own or request the stomach to remain quiet till breakfast time..

All and all I don't find the IDR 750.000/night rate I got charged with to be value for money at all and do prefer an even cheaper Ibis or other budget hotel with more practical operationals next time I visit Sanur, unless the Ari Putri Hotel would increase it's eye for detail

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel lots of time. It's a typical Balinese hospitality, genuine and welcoming. It's cheap for a hotel that quality. The staffs were super helpful and friendly. we Stayed both in the old and new parts, and they were great. The bed was firm and comfortable, the room was clean, the breakfast was fantastic. We had balinese dinner at its restaurant, it was excellent. We also had pizza one night, and it was surprisingly really good, judging that we were far from Italy. We certainly will come back, and highly recommend to everybody.

Room Tip: The family rooms in the new part of the hotel has a big living/dining room, and small fully equip k...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at Ari Putri for one night because we arrived in Bali late at night and I wanted to stay somewhere fairly close to the airport for the first night before travelling to a quieter location up the coast. I think it took about twenty minutes from the airport in a taxi to get there. Because we were only there for one night we didn't really have a chance to thoroughly check out the hotel, however I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. The foyer and common spaces are Balanese style, quite lovely. The staff were extremely helpful and welcoming.

Our room (standard) was on the second floor and had a small verandah overlooking rooftops. Whilst the room was spacious and comfortable it did smell of cigarette smoke. We did not complain because we were only there for one night.

The breakfast had quite a good selection although I didn't like the coffee. Which is not really a tragedy, but I do like good coffee and it is difficult to find in Bali! Again, the staff were friendly and welcoming during breakfast.

Overall, although I wouldn't stay here for a long duration, it was a good short turm stop off. Much better than I expected for the price and close to the beach too.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and must say very happy. Quiet part of Southern sanur. 5 minute walk to beach. Stayed in the older section of the hotel. Clean, comfy bed, breakfast nice, coffee ok, staff fantastic. I will be back. I will certainly upgrade to the newer part of the hotel. Deluxe rooms I think they are described as.Worth the extra $$. Value for money for sure. Restaurants within short walk. Fire station highly recommended. Turn left out of ari Putri. Walk to round about turn left. 50m down on left. Massage place next to ari Putri excellent. Walk out and turn right. First little shop on right. Thanks to all the staff.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank AdrianK76
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I wrote an earlier review of this hotel and wish to add to it..
.the pool in fact has a children's section which is great but still not safely sectioned off from the deeper sections...
the only real issues with the place is the musty smellin the downstairs standard rooms and the lack of wifi in the rooms ..everything else is excellent and i will be booking again soon

Room Tip: second floor overlooking pool is dryer and has private balcony
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paddy M
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed for two nights. We loved the beds/pillows in our deluxe room and the rate was reasonable. Our room was clean and nice.

Breakfast was average. The pools (they have two) were both well maintained and great to swim in. The hotel is beautiful at first. When you look a little closer it's a little dirty and there are little black flys on the walls in our room and in certain placed.

We had to change rooms once because our bathroom began to smell like sewage. We were going to change rooms again because our new bathroom started to smell as well but figured it wasn't worth it as we were leaving.

Over all we rate this hotel an average because it was reasonable and better than a lot of other placed we checked out.

We were pretty happy with our stay but it wasn't perfect.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Sandra V
Reviewed 18 July 2014

First time visit to Sanur, we stayed at the Ari Putri Hotel for 28 nights and two of our daughters joined us for 14 nights. What a wonderful holiday we all had the breakfast was excellent the staff first class nothing too much trouble. The beach only 10 mins walk away the blue taxis are metered and very reasonable but got charged way over the top by the taxis parked outside the hotel agree a price befor you take a cab. Some lovely places to eat catering for all taste most at very good prices. This hotel in England would cost at least sixty pounds per night excluding breakfast .I think we must have had one of the nicer rooms in the old block as no problems with the room cleaned every morning and that included bedding and towels.Wi Fi good plenty of towels for the pool, what more could anyone ask for.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family