Very, very, very basic accommodation deserving of only one star. (The three-star rating is fantasy.)
Main-ten-ance: The work of keeping something in proper condition; upkeep. The staff are obviously far more interested in the maintenance of their social networking status than they are of performing any building or equipment or installation maintenance.
Pick up from the airport was OK but the vehicle used was disgusting!!! Petrol had been spilled in the car recently and the 40min trip to the Puri Sindhu Mertha was tortuous to say the least. It was so bad that I almost asked the guy to drop us by the roadside so that we could catch a taxi. The stench was nauseating and the rest of the trip was completed with windows down.
On arrival at PSM the disappointments kept rolling in... The place is small, cramped, has no privacy, is bombarded with road traffic noise, has uncomfortable beds & pillows with old linen, the room allocated was small and furnished with poorly made and junky items, the bathroom (open to the elements and mosquitoes) had not received even the most basic maintenance in a very long time (the vanity unit had only a cold-water tap). Fungal growths were abundant and the floor tiles dangerously slippery.
The room had a pool view but the whole 'wall' that faced the pool was glass with only curtains (not opaque) for privacy. The room could not be darkened.
Breakfast was 'fuel' for the body only and offered little in the way of taste satisfaction; ordered to your room. A menu from a local Indo resto that would deliver was provided in the room otherwise no other type of service is available.
The airconditioner unit pumped out cold air - true enough - but at the cost of disturbance to the peace as the sound associated with its function was truly disturbing.
Locationally it is close to nothing of interest.
Positives: a beautiful pool, free WiFi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sindhu Mertha Guest House with its simple but yet rich architectural lines, the indigenous local materials and the exquisite fabrics, blend the sensual Balinese atmosphere with incredible high standard of modern western living. Offer a perfectly balance of nature, culture, art and warm hospitality for your total comfort. Spacious standard room offering a total comfort to relax with its balcony adds a great value to the room overlooking to the pool and garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sindhu Mertha Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Sindhu Mertha Guest House Hotel Sanur
- Sindhu Mertha Guest House Bali/Sanur