I was in Bali for 18 days with family (first 8 days) friend (7 days) and in Sanur for 4 nights at Puri Sindhu Mertha and arrived very early morning due to getting a lift with a friend going to the airport after which I was dropped in Sanur. Young Wyan was exceedingly helpful (despite a 7 am arrival) and gave me a choice of 2 rooms upstairs. I unpacked little (luckily) as a little later was advised that my room was to be repainted that day. I was on my way out and said when I returned I would pack and move. On my return I was moved downstairs (for the best as I found the steps or rather, the rubber strip on the edge, unsafe). My room was a generous size and by the pool (as all the downstairs rooms are). The linen was clean, changed daily, and the room too was cleaned daily. I really can't speak highly enough about the staff. Rai gave me a lift to the beach the first day and spoke the best English. I was able to use their computer each day to receive emails and also to confirm my flight and print out a boarding pass. The only thing that went awfully wrong was the friends had rung twice and left messages and it was only on the third call that I did receive the call. Each time I returned to the hotel I would enquire had there been messages only to be told "No". I decided not to try and clarify this situation.The fridge became noisy after the second night but this was not a real problem for me. I was in Bali for major dental work and had chosen the last 4 nights to stay in Sanur as was at this stage alone and knew
friends who live permanently in Bali,not far from Jalan Danau Poso. The main drawback presently is the construction work happening next door at one of the Dive places which began at 7 am and finished about 6 pm. I meant to enquire which month this would be completed by but forgot to do so. They didn't work on Sunday which was a blessed relief. When I was moved from upstairs I did make a requirement that if I found it too noisy if they had someone above me upstairs, I may request to move. Some people did move in for a night but luckily I didn't hear them when I returned to sleep but I had heard them late afternoon before I went out. The breakfast was quite basic really BUT they did try. The main attraction is the friendliness, cleanliness and wonderful helpfulness of those four boys,Wayan, Gede (youngest), Made and Rai. This certainly went a long way for me. Good value for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sindhu Mertha Guest House with its simple but yet rich architectural lines, the indigenous local materials and the exquisite fabrics, blend the sensual Balinese atmosphere with incredible high standard of modern western living. Offer a perfectly balance of nature, culture, art and warm hospitality for your total comfort. Spacious standard room offering a total comfort to relax with its balcony adds a great value to the room overlooking to the pool and garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sindhu Mertha Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Sindhu Mertha Guest House Hotel Sanur
- Sindhu Mertha Guest House Bali/Sanur