“As good as reviewers said”

Respati Beach Hotel - Sanur
Ranked #40 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 11 May 2013

When we got there, we surprise that hotel room is large and very closed to the beach. Food is okay, but house keeping are helpful. It's closed to circle K (small mart). Kids are happy playing on the beach and swimming pool. You can see sunrise directly from your room

Room Tip: Choose deluxe sea view room, you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fafan A
There are newer reviews for Respati Beach Hotel - Sanur

Reviewed 1 May 2013

We stayed in Feb, the Hotel was not fully booked so had lot's off swims nice pool. The gardens in the resort are kept nice and tidy. We stayed in the sea view room over looking pool and restaurant, did not see much off the ocean, had to go upstairs in the restaurant to get nice views also to get wifi reception. Did not have breakie there but a couple off dinners nice meals. Great location on the beach front and walking path. Also frontage is great location, great access to good shops restaurants etc. Had no problems with this resort would recommend for a short stay 1week.

Room Tip: Sea view room for sure
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bradman99
Reviewed 3 April 2013

It was the last two days of my two week trip and I wanted a relaxing stay. Compared to the busy weeks prior where everyday we were out and about and staying in budget and home stays, I wanted a place to stay which I can just sit enjoy the day in my room. And because of this, I gave myself a reason to splurge a bit more but still opt for moderately priced accommodation. What surprised me was that for the moderate price of the room, I pretty much got 5-star accommodations, amenities, service and location.

I got myself a room just steps away from the pool which leads out to the hotel cafe and beachfront. It's a bit more expensive than other ones, but well worth it. I like the ambiance it gives and you really feel like you're in a beachfront resort. I was banking on a room on the 2nd floor when I booked, but I guess the seafront rooms are either on the 1st or 2nd floors. The 2nd floors weren't available so I just stayed on the first, which turned out to be quite convenient. I've read reviews that say it's a bit noisy there because of maybe the people and kids at the pool. Well, it was ok when I was there, and even there is that noise factor, it's only during the day since the pool is not on anyways at night, so you'll still have a restful night.

I rented a bicycle also for the day, so it was convenient that I could just park it outside my room. Imagine if I had a room in the 2nd floor, then I'd have to find somewhere not blocking other people's room. Btw, renting a bicycle while you're there is a good option, you can either take a sunset or sunrise run along the pathway just parallel to the beach and ride all through the coast. It's very refreshing. Hotel can arrange that for you. And you can bike along the road nearby to go shopping, eating or just looking around. Hardy's is just around the corner, it's a supermarket where you can also buy some souvenirs. I bought some unique spices to take home.

The room was really big and spacious and there was a sitting area. It was like a suite. I even had space to do my yoga! The bed was big and comfy, linens were just excellent. The room decor was also simple modern and refreshing. Bathroom was clean as well, and excellent water pressure and temperature.

The housekeeping staff were fast and efficient too, making sure they cover every detail in just a few minutes. I was in the room at that time, so I said just come in and clean; otherwise, I won't really be leaving my room soon and I wanted to make sure they would at least give me new bottles of water, and clean towels.

Service was great! The staff were very friendly and helpful. The reception checked me in within a few minutes, offered me a welcome drink and cold towel to cool down from the heat outside. Later during my stay, they also arranged for a bicycle rental and car rental. They were all done in a very short time and with no hitches.

I also ate at the restaurant one night, didn't feel like going out despite the many restaurants just outside the hotel, so just ordered myself a burger. I wasn't expecting much of the burger, especially in a place that serves mostly the local fare, but it turned out to be quite good, western standard :-) The restaurant was just a few steps to the bicycle pathway and walkway which divides it from the beach. The hotel has it's own set of lounge chairs right at the beach. The staff at the restaurant were really friendly too. I had an early flight on my last day, and the breakfast buffet wasn't ready till 7am. I was out at the beach at 6am for the sunrise and they still served me my breakfast with cheerful greetings.

Which brings me to the fact that Sanur Beach has the nicest sunrise in Bali, you can literally see the sun appearing from the horizon between the water and the sky. And with the nearby pagoda or gazebo, it's a great place to take photos. Sit by the lounge chairs by the beach and just enjoy the sunrise.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the seafront, it's well worth the small additional price
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank kormensandiego
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I had 7 nights at Respati. On arrival our booking was for twin share and we were taken to a double bed room. Staff were able to change our room to twin share with no problem. The grounds were well kept and the location was right on the beach front. The pool was clean and the meals were great. Staff were friendly and always smiling. The hotel was under construction right next door to our room but not once did we ever hear any noise from the workers. Although our room was closer to the street side than the beach we never heard noise frm the cars or bars in the area. The rooms were serviced every day and clean at all times...Had a great stay and would recommend for anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank michele h
Reviewed 10 February 2013

First hotel in Bali which made us pay up front just because we didn't have much luggage. They think that because we only have backpacks that we will run off without paying. This is very annoying as I arrived here tired and just wanted to relax in our room instead I had to go out and convert more dollars.

There's a stone path which in the morning staff will wheel their cleaning carts. This makes noise in the morning which wakes us up.

Pool does not have any lights at night.

Bed sheets had pee and period stains. We asked them to change it because it was dirty. The sheets they replaced it with was even more stained.

Room they wanted us to stay in smelled very strong of cleaning products. Lucky we managed to get another room.

Our door was broken and we had trouble closing and locking the room.

Sanur hotels are expensive but this place was priced better than most.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank bolosnakegym
Reviewed 10 February 2013

No dresser, as in much of Bali. Nice standard room close to beach. Good beach front. Easy to walk to dozens of restaurants and shops. Rent bikes down the beach walk. $3 for the day per bike. Shop at Hardys for food, drink. Would go back.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Woodyjudy
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Motivated employees. Little restaurant and clean rooms. Good price. The only thing is that the wifi in the area could be better. The rooms have a television but no wifi. Some of the rooms are rebuild.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business