“Excellent value, would stay again any time!:)”

Respati Beach Hotel - Sanur
Ranked #41 of 79 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We arrived around noon and got checked in quickly and got the room keys immediately. The room was next to the pool, beach and restaurant and we had the sea view and garden view. Room number was 203. Their garden is sooo beautiful. The staff is actually friendly unlike the staff described in reviews below. They helped us with booking taxt/transportation, room service was fast, we could also have late check out for a fee of 40$, all in all positive experience. The breakfast was OK, sometimes better sometimes worse but repetitive. Considering that it was for free, it was OK. It you get a room close to the pool you can get the internet from the restaurant but it will be slow. I would say this is excellent value for money considering the location, beautiful gardens, beach, staff etc. If you want a massage go to Talia massage saloon - when you leave reception, cross the street and go right for about 50-100m, they are excellent and the fees are VERY reasonable e.g. back massage 30m for 3USD. If you need a hair cut just across from Talia next to Crocs shop is Rudy's hair saloon also very good and reasonably priced e.g. simple haircut 5 USD. The hotel recommended us a driver we booked him several times to go to different places, he charges 60USD for full day of 8hours here is his email in case you want reliable and friendly driver - made_gonji@yahoo.com. I totally recommend Respati beach hotel. But remember if you book 3 star hotel you cant expect the luxury of 5 star. Just relax and enjoy your stay! :)

Room Tip: Room 203 is on the 2nd floor has sea view and pool view and you catch wifi from the restaurant.
3  Thank Gl0betr0tter83

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is our 3rd stay at Respati and we will return. The welcome at reception is never overly warm but the room, grounds and restaurant staff are all very friendly and always take the time to greet you and assist. We stayed in room 121. The room is basic but reasonably size, clean and well kept, with a bar fridge, tv and small ground floor patio. This year tour room had a bad smell for the first few days. The reception staff tried to remedy it by putting room fresheners etc. With no resolution they sent in the plumber and a day later they offerred us another room. We wanted to stay in our room so they persisted until it the problem was fixed.The highlight is breakfast in the restaurant that is beach front and watching the locals go about their daily life. The breakfast is ample with cooked foods, pastries, fresh fruit and cold meats. I loved the omelettes.Whilst the pool is not huge it is more than sufficient. In 3 stays I’ve rarely had to share it with anyone. Directly in front of the hotel there are many sun chairs and umbrellas for use but you will get locals asking to give you massages, manicures etc. Usually with a polite response they will leave you alone. The grounds are spotless with beautifully manicured tropical gardens. Sanur is the perfect stay if you want a quiet beach get stay away from the hustle and bustle of Kuta with a small market place where you can practise your negotiation skills with the ever persistent locals. In front of the hotel there is a paved path that continues for a few kilometres in either direction. If you walk out of the other entrance you are immediately on the main street and amongst some excellent restaurants including RIB, Mona Lisa, Massimo, Mades Warung and Little Bird Café. Don’t miss out on a trip to the Sanur Night market for some local food or go there early in the morning to see the locals purchasing all of their fresh meat, fish and fruit and vegetables. Sanur is much more peaceful than Sanur with hardly any one around during the week. On the weekends all of the locals flock to the beach for a family day. There are some great tailors in the local streets and also some great sports bars of you like to keep up with your team while you are away - try White Sands Sports Bar on Jl Pantai Sindhu. From the hotel restaurant you can watch the local fisherman and have views across to the islands and the Mt. Gunung. From Sanur it is about an hour to Candi Dasa and many East Coast tourist attractions.

Room Tip: the deluxe rooms closet to the lobby are the oldest. There are new rooms in the middle of the ground...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank lovetravel2964
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We overnighted at the Respati following a late arriving flight. We had stayed here before, earlier this year, and find the location to be excellent. We booked a deluxe room, and on check in were upgraded to a deluxe bungalow.

Check in was more friendly than our previous stay and a cool drink was offered. A porter was called to assist with our luggage and we were very quickly in our room.

Our bungalow was not huge, but neither was it cramped. It appeared quite clean, the bed was very firm and sheets and towels were clean and white. There was a selection of toiletries in the bathroom.

Although we were quite happy with the room, there were a couple of downsides: Firstly, the bathroom was very dark. There was a down light at one end, over the toilet and shower area, and a dull glow behind one side of the mirror behind the vanity, there was no other lighting, nor did the bathroom have a window. I wear contact lenses and could not see to remove them before bed, and it was extremely difficult to put them back in the following morning. If we had been staying longer than one night, I would have asked to move rooms. It would be impossible for anyone to blow dry their hair, or to apply makeup.

The airconditioner was a bit noisy, making a rattling sound that woke me up many times during the night.

One wall of the room was all window, with very light curtains. So by 6am, the room was flooded with light making it impossible to sleep.

I'm sure we'll stay at the Respati again, but will certainly refuse a deluxe bungalow.

2  Thank cbimages
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Staed at the Respati at the recommendation of my neighbour. The hotel is on the northern end of Sanur and was an easy walk either beach or road side to restaurants and convenience shops. We booked directly with hotel. Breakfast was the usual fare and egg station, but if you get hired there are many places we could have walked to. As others have said there are heaps of sun loungers on the beach and a few around the pool. Initially I was disappointed to be nearer the back of the hotel but in the end I think this is better as the path is a few more feet from your front door and you get a bit more privacy. We paid extra for a roll away bed in one room. Bathroom a little dated but clean.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lou_and_Paul
Reviewed 24 October 2013

It took me some time to decide which property to stay at for a 4 day break with Miss 17 prior to meeting up with family in Seminyak to attend a wedding and I must say that after finally choosing The Respati I am happy with my choice. What a lovely hotel, absolute beachfront with beautiful grounds and friendly competant staff. The hotel is not large and I think that is one of the advanatages. I had paid for a deluxe room and was upgraded to a deluxe bungalow which was a bonus. The room was massive with a very comfortable bed and huge shower. The tv reception was of good quality with quite a few channels to choose from. We had a lounge and a dressing table and a lovely verandah with table and 2 chairs. Tea and coffee making facilities are not suppled, but I was able to get a jug from housekeeping, so problem solved as I always carry my own tea bags and milk. I am an early riser and cannot wait until the restaurants open to have my morning cuppa.
Location is perfect, right in the middle of the best restaurants and a quick stroll or pushbike ride to the markets. There is an excellent money exchange across the road and the best spa right next door. Koa spa would have to do the best massage I have ever had and believe me I have had a few massages in my time. I spent the next week in Seminyak trawling spas trying to find a decent massage and none came anywhere near as close to being as good as the massages I had at Koa. I also had different girls each time, so it must be the way their staff are trained.
Whilst we were at The Respati no one used the pool and there were no sun lounge hogs either. There are only 8 lounges around the pool, but mostly people only use them to get WIFI reception. Most guests spent the day on the sun lounges on the beach, of which there is plenty for everyone.
Breakfast is adequate with Indonesian and western dishes on offer and an egg station if you desire. We did eat out for breakfast some days, but only because I believe that The Porch has the best breakfast in Bali.
We hired pushbikes for our stay, because I worked out a few years back that this is the best way to get past the persistant sellers on the beach path, if you dont stop they cant catch you!
The only negative comments I have about The Respati would be that WIFI should be available in all the rooms and that tea and coffee making facilities should be provided.
I would highly recommend The Respati and will definately return in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank KateCaringbah
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We were unsure about booking at Respati having read mixed reviews and initially we were disappointed as it does present like a block of flats, two wings running side by side toward the beach end with a path between. We were upgraded from Deluxe to Deluxe Seaview - room 202.
The room was big, very clean, big comfortable bed with good quality white linen. The TV is hopeless, the reception very bad. The air-con works too well and we had to turn it off regularly or the room is icy. Big advantage in room 202 is that it picks up Wifi where other rooms can only get in the restaurant. The bathroom is dated but clean. The thing that stands out for us at this hotel is the staff, all been fantastic and friendly. A couple of steps out of the restaurant and on to the sand, plenty of sun loungers and umbrellas, I think I counted enough for 54 guests. On the down side is the only alcohol they sell is beer, so if you're a wine or spirit drinker you'll have to sort out your own. The balconies are very small and look directly in at the room across, no privacy. Breakfast is adequate, a modest buffet with egg station. I would stay here again but not at the high season advertised price of $200 pn, we paid $105 and think that is a fair price.

Room Tip: Room 202 - deluxe seaview room overlooks the pool with glimpses of the ocean. You can pick up the W...
1  Thank DLD58
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I love Sanur.

Stayed here with my 2 girls (Mum stayed home to work) for 1 night. Mostly, the hotel is used for Dutch package tours, but it is clean and well located with a nice pool. The rooms are adequate with services as would be expected.

Internet is free and available from the restaurant ONLY. It's a bit slow, but it is free.

Plenty of restaurants a stroll away.

Room Tip: Get a room close to pool to get internet in your room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family