“Very average - dirty bathroom / aircon on but no cold / dark & dingy”
Review of Laghawa Beach Inn

Laghawa Beach Inn
Ranked #70 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 4 August 2010

We stayed in July and took ajoining rooms. We found it very average, Above says it all and breakfast is basic at it's best. It was cheap and you get what you pay for.
Another guest told me his daughter stepped on a cobra in the garden! apparantly there are a couple living in the garden but they're supposed to be docile........

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank q'meister
There are newer reviews for Laghawa Beach Inn

Reviewed 21 May 2010

I am a budget traveler and get my moneys worth and more there. There have been upgrades each time I go. If I wanted to stay on the water I would have to spend three times a much. Their pool is what I like most. Yes, it is difficult to get a beach towel after a certain time but what the heck. In the heat you dry off in 2 minutes. The beach area is beautiful and there are now beach chairs down there for hotel guests and as well, good food and drink. This winter will be my 6th time there.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank CanadaLorraine
Reviewed 3 April 2010

This is the worst hotel i ever been! I have to spend RM 300 to see the skin specialist after staying in this hotel for 1 night. At first the room looked fine until i woke up with some crawling bed bugs all over my arms and my legs! We talked to the receptionist and he didn't even want to switch the room for us. They only refund half of our money after a long wait for their 'on duty supervisor'. Their toilet water has a kind of smell too. When we take a bath, the water just got flooded and it took some time to get drained. To cut it short, don't stay at this hotel or your might ended with the worst nightmare that you ever wanted.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Yong F
Reviewed 2 February 2010

service - friendly and quick; happy to help.
room - clean and secure; comfortable beds; clean bathroom
location & amenities - close to ATM and shopping centre; great service in restaurant and bar;
liked best - staff and gardens; live music
liked least - no kettle in room but quickly gave boiled water for coffee when asked.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank myhome56
Reviewed 12 January 2010

According to us, the location of this hotel is great. We found it very charming that the hotel is not facing the sea, as all the other newly renovated buildings. We find Laghawa Beach Inn hotel much more charming with a beautiful garden with lots of space! MANAGEMENT PLEASE KEEP THE GARDEN LIKE THIS ALWAYS!. My parents and sister always stay in one of the hotels which were mentioned by unsatisfied customer above, but they have a lot less privacy and not such beaufiful gardens! Every inch is used there for another room! O.K. the service may be better and everything may be cleaner but you pay for that as well! They pay more than 2,5 times the amount we paid here! So it's a matter of choice I suppose.
I do have some small suggestions for the management however: keep the pool cleaner.
And maintain and clean the rooms better, they have charm and space enough, just maintain them in better shape.
The restaurant needs a better management. The service is not efficient and the music is much too loud to be inviting for having dinner. Acoording to me, it looks a bit shabby with all these paintings of Bob Marly.
I ldo like the location at the street.
I would certainly come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank lugio_10
Reviewed 5 May 2009

Our first impression of our room was stale smelling, tired and large. After airing the room and using incense we felt better but there was no improving the rusty unclean stained sink and fridge, torn and stained mosquito netting. It has such potential with 2 bedrooms, kitchen, lounge/dining and private garden. No airconditioner in sitting room, a great split system in main bedroom but very noisy aircon in 2nd bedroom and a fan which stays on one control = slow! No coffee cups, cutlery or crockery provided and I would question how many times our sheets were changed in 2 weeks. Electricity cut off repeatedly and too many mossies. Outdoor bathroom with shower was fine. Lovely gardens, moss covered tiles in the pool and on old swim-up bar stools. Not safe at all. We did make management aware and stayed because of position and having friends with a great pool close by. Lovely staff and walk to beach. Nice pool towels! Cheap price but would not stay again unless overhauled. Such a shame!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank PerthJosam
Reviewed 17 August 2008

Read the review by lavasso and must admit, that all the facts he provides, are true. But - for us, none of these were actually a problem. Apart from maybe a really a bit too long way to the beach (it's not that you see the beach from your room).

The hotel restaurant - yes, time too wait is rather long, but he food is fine and the girls really nice. The fact that the restaurant faces the road is not a problem at all - between the restaurant and the road itself there is a small temple and a pool with fish. And on the other hand, one day there was a village festival, and we could watch the parade just having lunch.

Pool, gardens and parrots are great, as well as the cafe at the beach - we were so disappointed to find out that it works only till 5 or 6 pm, so it's impossible to have late dinner there. But as I said, the hotel restaurant is OK too.

What I realy disliked was the staff at the reception, especially one man - I always felt embarrassed to ask him about sth because he was sooooo dissatisfied to be forced to do something. And the other thing - not enough beach and pool towels: if you wanted to get one for sure, you had to get up early and go and take it - later you might not have found any left.

But as I said, in generall our experience in this hotel was OK.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)