“Excellent value for money”
Review of Laghawa Beach Inn

Laghawa Beach Inn
Ranked #64 of 76 Hotels in Sanur
Brisbane Australia
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed 16 February 2011

This is my seventh visit to Laghawa
I was met at the airport as usual
There are more opulent places to stay but for value for money you can't beat it----rooms are spacious,& clean,secluded,direct access to the beach with a quaint beach bar & restaurant & is right in the middle of Sanur.
If you are intending to stay longer than a week bargain hard----go for 50% reduction on their original price----you may be pleasantly surprised at what they will agree to.
The grounds are typically Balinese---lush with ornate stone & wood carvings.
To me the quiet relaxation down by the beach with sunbeds & towels readily available is the highlight. The restaurant down by the beach is available for lunch only but is a MUST.
Make sure that Ketut is the chef.She is very good.The table & chairs underneath the expansive trees overlooking the lagoon provide serene surroundings

Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank maddog009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Indonesian first
Vienne, France
Reviewed 29 September 2010

We moved here from the Swastika (see review Thanks but...) and it's like chalk and cheese.
Ronald (Ronalds InternetCafe) helped but I think that if you just have the bottle to barter you can get a good bargain anyway. Also if you can book on the intenet you'll get a better rate. We booked from Ronalds cafe 2 minutes before we presented ourselves at the hotel and saved a lot of money. We ended up paying £25 per night bb.
This hotel entrance is on the main Sanur street as is the restaurant but the rooms are all at the back so no street noise. The reception is small next to a large sitting area behind the restaurant with a 50's scooter and bicycle in it!
We were given a choice of rooms and picked no 108 as my partner liked the long walk down the corridor to the shower! Walk in with half partition. Good pressure, lots of hot but a smell of drains occasionally mostly when you use the hot. The garden layout is typical with paths winding about with shrubs etc. We asked for more coathangers( only 2 provided) and also extra pillows and a flask of hot water all of which were provided speedily with good grace.
The pool is fabulous and when we were there we had it to ourselves and you could walk on down through private gardens to the beach where there's a little beach cafe.. The garden is so wonderful, it's a haven after the busyness of the main street. I loved it, especially as the hotel was really quiet and it was like my own pool!
Meals were taken in the restaurant by the street with live music on some nights. Balinese groups rendering western songs, also by request. They're better than you might think!!
I really enjoyed my stay at the Laghawa, it wasn't the smartest or the cleanest or the best food but it had character and the staff were nice and the food was good and the pool was fabulous and you could walk your own private path down to the beach. If I win the lottery I would stay there in an instant!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank johnsbint
Auckland
Reviewed 4 August 2010

We stayed in July and took ajoining rooms. We found it very average, Above says it all and breakfast is basic at it's best. It was cheap and you get what you pay for.
Another guest told me his daughter stepped on a cobra in the garden! apparantly there are a couple living in the garden but they're supposed to be docile........

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank q'meister
Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2010

I am a budget traveler and get my moneys worth and more there. There have been upgrades each time I go. If I wanted to stay on the water I would have to spend three times a much. Their pool is what I like most. Yes, it is difficult to get a beach towel after a certain time but what the heck. In the heat you dry off in 2 minutes. The beach area is beautiful and there are now beach chairs down there for hotel guests and as well, good food and drink. This winter will be my 6th time there.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank CanadaLorraine
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 3 April 2010

This is the worst hotel i ever been! I have to spend RM 300 to see the skin specialist after staying in this hotel for 1 night. At first the room looked fine until i woke up with some crawling bed bugs all over my arms and my legs! We talked to the receptionist and he didn't even want to switch the room for us. They only refund half of our money after a long wait for their 'on duty supervisor'. Their toilet water has a kind of smell too. When we take a bath, the water just got flooded and it took some time to get drained. To cut it short, don't stay at this hotel or your might ended with the worst nightmare that you ever wanted.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Yong F

Travellers are raving about these Sanur hotels

Australia
Reviewed 2 February 2010

service - friendly and quick; happy to help.
room - clean and secure; comfortable beds; clean bathroom
location & amenities - close to ATM and shopping centre; great service in restaurant and bar;
liked best - staff and gardens; live music
liked least - no kettle in room but quickly gave boiled water for coffee when asked.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank myhome56
Holland
Reviewed 12 January 2010

According to us, the location of this hotel is great. We found it very charming that the hotel is not facing the sea, as all the other newly renovated buildings. We find Laghawa Beach Inn hotel much more charming with a beautiful garden with lots of space! MANAGEMENT PLEASE KEEP THE GARDEN LIKE THIS ALWAYS!. My parents and sister always stay in one of the hotels which were mentioned by unsatisfied customer above, but they have a lot less privacy and not such beaufiful gardens! Every inch is used there for another room! O.K. the service may be better and everything may be cleaner but you pay for that as well! They pay more than 2,5 times the amount we paid here! So it's a matter of choice I suppose.
I do have some small suggestions for the management however: keep the pool cleaner.
And maintain and clean the rooms better, they have charm and space enough, just maintain them in better shape.
The restaurant needs a better management. The service is not efficient and the music is much too loud to be inviting for having dinner. Acoording to me, it looks a bit shabby with all these paintings of Bob Marly.
I ldo like the location at the street.
I would certainly come back to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family