“A piece of paradise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 76 Hotels in Sanur
Adelaide, Australia
“A piece of paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

My partner and I have just returned from a 10 day stay at Segara Village. I cannot say enough about it. the whole experience was fantastic. We got upgraded to a Bungalow villa which was very nice. The staff were always friendly and helpful. I had a problem with my sunglasses which are perscription and it was no trouble at all from them to help me get them fixed. The food is lovely. The grounds are wonderful. If your looking for a nice relaxing time with great staff this is definately the place to go. My partner said that he would go back and stay there again. 10/10 Segara Village.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sue N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

My wife and I toured Bali for 10 days in June 2011. I have been meaning to write this review since then, as it was well worth the stay. We stayed at the Segara Village for 4 nights. If we could do it again we would have stayed longer. The grounds are very nice, well manicured and clean. The infinity pool overlooking the beach, while cold (apparently normal for Bali) was beautiful and relaxing. We stayed in the private are, which for the extra premium is well worth it. The beach in front of the hotel is very nice, however this is really not a swimming beach. At least while we were there, the tide was quit strong. Being from the US and used to traveling the Caribbean, this is a far cry from what I am used to. Still a great beach to sun bath and walk. There is also a 'boardwalk' along the beach the brings you past many restaurants and shops, mainly those attached to other resorts. Gives you an easy option for a change of scenery, although that is likely unneeded. Onto the service, it was fabulous. A very friendly, curteous staff eased our check in/out process. The rooms were clean and kept that way the whole stay. We had a very well decorated, updated room, and the bathroom was very large as compared to most resorts. Just outside our ground floor room was a smaller pool used by only guests of that section of the resort. A nice reprieve from the main pool if looking for a little more quiet. The food on the resort was very good, but not great. The best part of our trip, was the party that took place the night of our arrival. Apparently a family member to the owner of the resort was married, and they threw what must be the greatest wedding reception of all time. All resort guests were invited, however they asked everyone to where all white, which made the scene remarkable! The festivities included a fashion show, where the catwalk was over the pool, a DJ, a band and numerous musical acts. Oh and there was open bar and food. Oh my the food! Tons of it, everywhere. And from all over the world. We got to meet so many other guests and people, which made the rest of the stay that much more fun. I really cant say enough about the Segara Village. We stayed at 3 hotels on our visit to Bali, and this was by far the best all the way around. If we every return to Bali, and I hope we do, we will be staying at the Segara for sure. My commendations to the staff. Keep up the great work! Oh and not to mention I needed to use the services a the resort doctor during my stay from a scuba diving injury, and he was very quick, professional and helpful.

Room Tip: Choose a private or semi private room. Worth the extra premium!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

We stayed 10 nights as part of our honeymoon and we really enjoyed it. We were upgraded to Village 2 (room 223) but were disappointed to note that the room wasn't with the rest of the Village 2 people. It was more of a bungalow, with venetian blinds everywhere - all very crisp and clean and corporate, but when in Bali, I'd rather something a little more traditional. Still, it was very comfortable all the same. Air con a little noisy, but otherwise good. Breakfast each morning on our daybed outsdie our room was divine (we found the buffet style with everyone a bit of a conveyor belt, so chose to eat alone each morning). Mie Goreng and Nasi Goreng and the fruit plate were amazing - I'm missing them now I'm home!

The pools were lovely - particularly the infinity pool, although you have the usual European embarrassment of people putting their towels down and then disappearing for hours. The Byrdhouse Bar does some lovely drinks, expect hotel prices, but lovely all the same. We opted usually to eat away from the hotel, going down to the Warungs on the beach where Bintangs are considerably cheaper. I particularly recommend Warung Amphibia Corner (turn right just before the beach and walk along for about 2 minutes - they do the most amazing Cap Cay!)

We watched the Legong dance once night at the hotel (180000 Rupiah per head) and it was good, a delicious Indonesian Buffet was served as well.

The staff were absoltuely lovely, including our butler, who couldn't do enough to make us feel comfortable. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We had Room 223 in Village 2, but try and get into the more traditional rooms in Village 2.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

I've lost count of the number of times I have stayed here, which hints at the satisfaction and pleasure we have to return, every time we holiday in Bali, to Segara. We always stay in the village 2 area. The wonderful staff greet us like we are their long lost family and nothing is ever too much trouble for them to arrange for us. We were there end June early July 2012. The following however should not put you off staying here, it is more to help the management to strive to keep this place the little piece of paradise, that I yearn to return to as often as possible.
We have always been impressed with the wonderful tasty afternoon teas and canapés that have been served on our previous holidays.
Unfortunately during our last visit I had occasion to have words with the chef, Claudio who was in charge of designing the tapas which was served with the cocktails. We were very disappointed with the standard, it looked like he was using leftover breakfast food. Slices of watermelon or pineapple on bread shapes can hardly be called creative! Having said this, eventually, when a new chef arrived the tapas finally looked appetising, for us too late it was our last day. ( I actually had food poisoning from the tapas, we know this because we only ate at the hotel on that particular day. We all ate the same food except I had a tapas that the other friends avoided because I said it tasted odd and advised them not to eat it) We were upset with Claudio because he was not receptive to our suggestions for improving his food and we felt he was letting the Segara Village family down. I will be back because I am confident that the management will have sorted out the standard of tapas. The regular staff were mortified that we were upset and very apologetic .

Room Tip: Choose the Village II area, very quiet, secluded, lovely pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Knutsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

We stayed here for 10 nights in late June. Never been to Bali, but what a delightful place to relax. Beautiful gardens, excellent location by the beach with lots of places to walk to. The staff at the hotel were fabulous - smiley, smiley - very helpful and interested. We felt safe and relaxed the whole time. The room, we were at the bottom end of the range, was comfortable although some people may say the shower room needed updating. Only downer was the weather was overcast and windy, not really a problem because it was still lovely and warm, and the sea was too shallow for swimming when the tide is out - hey but that's not a problem either . The ladies running the 'market stalls' around the beach were a bit of a pain at times! Everyone seemed to go to bed very early ... what were they all doing ?? I would certainly recommend the Segara Village. Thanksfor a great holiday!
I lost my glasses - didn't need them anyway!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

Everything was simply perfect!!! From the moment we checked-in and greeted by the friendly staff at the reception to the spacious room assigned to us with a lovely view of the garden that is beautifully lighted at night. The entire hotel personnel were courteous and always ready to answer and fulfill our every whim. The hotel food was delicious and inexpensive, Jacuzzi bar was great and spa services was fantastic! The lagoon pool was a huge respite and the entire complex was simply breathtaking especially at night... Perfect!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed at Segara Village 2 for a bit over a week during July 2012. You pay an extra $50+ per night to stay in the SV2 and for the most part it is worth it. You get an exclusive pool for the use of members only unless tourists are upgraded to this area. You also get breakfast brought to your balcony after they set up the table etc. There is no kids and the rooms are of a good size and it is peaceful and relaxing. One downside is that the rooms are in need of an upgrade especially the bathrooms - I really don't enjoy paying good dollars and getting a bathroom with mould in the grout and corner areas. Please clean it up! Now the canapés are good one day, ordinary on another and great on the next. But the view from the birdcage bar is brilliant and the free cocktails are ok. As for restaurants there is a Japanese in hotel but all beachside restaurants sell the same food although some taste better than others. PROBLEM -we have looked at booking again for later this year and next year and believe it or not the prices ar being jacked up by a further $75 per night. So now 6 days will increase from $AUS1480 to around $ AUS1900+. I think there is now better value elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you are looking for nice restaurants or some party action or great bars then your in the wrong pl...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple