“Very Relaxing”

Segara Village Hotel
Ranked #15 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My Mum and I just stayed for 6 nights at Segara Village and it was really lovely. The only let down was the room which smelt of mould/damp (although it was very clean) and it was a bit tired and in need of a makeover. But that was pretty much the only let down. The staff were all very friendly, there was always something happening in the evenings, the cocktails were very tasty and relaxing in the birdhouse bar overlooking the beach was blissful. The staff even ordered me soy milk in specially which I really appreciated (can't live without my coffee in the morning). The grounds and gardens are absolutely gorgeous and the pools, well, take your pick depending on your mood. This place has everything, it's on the beach, there are markets right next door, Sanur main street is a short walk and there's a good mix of shops. The beach is wonderful, the water warm, and the waves minimal as there's a reef break. You can have massages in the Hotel Spa or cheap and cheerful ones on the beach in front of the hotel. Also, the Japanese Restaurant (which is not actually part of the hotel) is excellent! It's quiet which is great but also a little worrying for the locals (they need the tourism). I would definitely stay again and would recommend it to anyone who wants to find the perfect balance in Bali of beach front accommodation, great beach, plenty of water activities/sports, good shopping and a quieter atmosphere. This was my third time to Bali and I wish I'd discovered it earlier. Excellent value for money!

There are newer reviews for Segara Village Hotel

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Having been to Bali several times on the east side, Tuban, Legian, Kuta area we thought we would try the Sanur area, we chose Segara village. The last hotel we were at was the Padma and I must say I think we were spoiled because this hotel showed a lot less class, lovely grounds but nothing to do, staff we found unfriendly and let you go under your own steam they went through their duties like it was a big chore. Breakfast was not all that good, coffee was undrinkable, very little choice of selection. Entertainment was zero. Maybe it was just the time of year and we were unlucky.
Plus side room was nice, private beach, plenty of places around to eat good quality food. Probably give Sanur an other go at different time of year.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed here for ten days and it couldn't have been nicer. I would come back any day and I hope I can soon. The pool is fantastic - big enough for laps and it is a beautiful setting right on the beach. Food excellent, staff lovely in the way that only the Balinese can be, gentle, friendly and eternally helpful and special thanks to Ketut Suryati the guest liason officer who arranged for a complimentary extended check out on our last day, making the trip to the airport for our flight home that much easier. I really loved the design of this place, everything in symmetry and the rooms are clean, modern and up to date. Fabulous breakfasts - just ask for fresh juice and it arrives on a tropical breeze of warm, wonderful service accompanied with a Balinese smile. Ketut even arranged a Balinese cooking lesson for us, with recipes we can take home to try ourselves - with luck!! A great base to explore Bali from - we'll be back.

Room Tip: They're all nice!
Reviewed 29 May 2013

A beautiful setting and location with staff that are extremely helpful. After my husband was taken into Dempasar hospital with appendicitis, staff were so accommodating allowing us to extend our stay, sending a basket of fruit and even wanting to visit him in hospital! I would highly recommend this hotel for couples and families and would not hesitate to go back there again.

Julie & Alan M

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was the second time we stayed at Segara Village 2 ,after staying there in Feb 2011 we wanted to experience the enjoyment again.This was not to be . While the friendly faces we saw there previously , namely Kadek and Agung, who went out of their way to look after us and make our stay enjoyable, the atmosphere has been destroyed by relocating the afternoon cocktails to the new bar area. The family feel of the Segara Village 2 area has dissappeared.We made many friends on our previous trip and we were looking forward to doing this again. Did not happen. Cocktails in the new bar area were very basic,little choice, red wine was undrinkable and as far as social interation with other guests this was non existant . Staff only spoke to who they wanted to.We were there for 7 days and no floating staff approached us for any form of conversation what so ever . Segara Village 2 has become a "dead area".No incentive to return under current structure.Bar fridge is also very small and basic. People in this day and age require larger fridges to store their requirements .We were so dissapointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WanderersAdelaide
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have been to Bali many, many times but this is the first time I have stayed over in Sanur.. As I was taking my 84 year old mum, I decided to try the Sanur area because it`s a lot more quietier... My travel agent recommended Segara Village Hotel, we were "mytime" guests and I couldn`t have gone to a better hotel.. Excellent food, our room was beautiful, the staff were all friendly and helpful, especially our "mytime" guest service ladies, Dayu Putri and Ketut Suryati... My mum and I loved walking around the beautiful grounds and gardens at the hotel....Would definitely go back to this Hotel, I cannot fault it...

Room Tip: We stayed in a Cottage room on the ground floor.... Nice and quiet with a big lawn area right outsid...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sylvia A
Reviewed 24 May 2013

This was our fourth visit to Bali together and this time we decided to stay at Segara Village Hotel as we had looked at in on a previous visit to Sanur. We were very happy with our stay - the grounds were well maintained as were the swimming pools. The friendly staff and especially the my staff personnell could not have been more helpful - nothing was a problem. We certainly would come back again..
Margaret Jeanette and Norma.- Sydney Australia

Room Tip: We stayed in cottage rooms but we looked at an upgrade to the Bungalow and next time if we can affor...